Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2022, 12:30 AM

13,460 posts, read 4,292,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Really? US Presidents say "I want to be your friend" to Putin to "avoid war" or not make Wall Street nervous? Sounds like the epitome of spineless, clueless cowards to me.

Not my president. Trump may do that but I'd NEVER vote for anyone so weak on Russia and other dictators.

You can vote for Putin-lovers, I will NEVER support them or you!!!
I could give a rat's a$$ who you support. When are you enlisting, killer?

Wasn't FDR friends with Stalin and gave half of Europe to him to avoid WW 3? Didn't Reagan called the Taliban "freedom fighters" and sold arms to terrorists and ran cocaine to fund an illegal war??

The U.S. today supports 87% of the world's dictators. You think the U.S. sends them monthly memos by insulting them? You voted for Obama and Biden, so it makes your statement silly.

Tell me again how Putin violates your rights in America?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2022, 06:10 AM

2,690 posts, read 1,613,883 times
None of these blow hard threads or posts know a damn thing that went on behind the scenes. It's all a bunch of emotionally charged factless junk.

Old 02-25-2022, 06:25 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Because, it is smart to see the obvious and deal with reality.

Ukraine ain't fightin-off Russia and nobody is gonna step-in to that fray.

Ukraine might have been able to negotiate a "deal" before being invaded........now,
nope, Russia has little if any need for any more talk.

Old 02-25-2022, 06:27 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
Why were we negotiating with these lowlifes? We didn't negotiate with Saddam.

Does anyone really think Kamala or Blinken threatening sanctions would impact Putin's plans in any way? This is like Taliban, part 2. I really wonder what's worse - Putin's traitor puppets like Trump/Tulsi/Tucker, or inept appeasers like Biden & Blinken?
Agree there shouldn't have been, because its none of our business.

Old 02-25-2022, 07:25 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
The US is the ONLY nation to ever have used nuclear weapons against an enemy, and not only once either!

I dont think many people look at it from this perspective. The US is the country that the global community should demand has NO access to nukes.

Old 02-25-2022, 07:33 AM

19,036 posts, read 27,607,234 times
Quote:

Does anyone really think Kamala or Blinken threatening sanctions would impact Putin's plans in any way? This is like Taliban, part 2. I really wonder what's worse - Putin's traitor puppets like Trump/Tulsi/Tucker, or inept appeasers like Biden & Blinken?

Because there is virtual world of official propaganda and mass media for crowds and, there is the real world of how to survive or maintain your country integrity and safety and stability and, some level of normal population existence, or it will smite you.
This is why as Russia is someone to COUNT WITH.

Old 02-25-2022, 08:22 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,780,689 times
Why Were There Negotiations with Russia?

I suppose because history has shown us that sometimes it works. Ask Finland and Austria.

Old 02-25-2022, 08:29 AM

25,747 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:

Because back in the days of Saddam, we actually had a formidable military that they world respected and feared and competent military leadership (most importantly). We no longer have that, we just got our butts handed to us a few months ago, we're ridiculed throughout the world, and our leadership is about as incompetent as it has ever been in the history of this nation. But no worries, our military high command has seen to it that the soldiers will respect your preferring pronoun. Meanwhile, every tyrant in the world has a green light. Ukraine won't be the last nation to fall. Look for plenty more until we clean house in DC and get our own nation in order. And gain some respect again.

Old 02-25-2022, 08:32 AM

57,295 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Why Were There Negotiations with Russia?

I suppose because history has shown us that sometimes it works. Ask Finland and Austria.
Negotiations are always a better alternative to war, killing each other is a lousy alternative.

Old 02-25-2022, 08:45 AM

13,460 posts, read 4,292,364 times
Quote:

Maybe you weren't born then or called in sick during history class. The U.S. negotiated with Saddam under Reagan and then HW Bush. We gave him chemicals to use on Iran but when are you enlisting, killer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies