Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2022, 08:45 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,952,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
I see you are a brilliant economist. Venezuela has natural resources, as does Nigeria. Mexico has oil too. If natural resources were that important, why aren't those countries dominant?
The dominant country right now does not have resources? The up and comers BRIC, dont have resources?

For most of history the countries with the resources dominate. That is why empires try to expand. They want more resources. Past few decades we been on some weird economic experiment with modern monetary theory or whatever you want to call it in which money printing from nothing to support the financial industry, and FRIEND economy seems to have taken hold. These past few decades is just a blimp/blink of an eye. Maybe the economy will go back to the way its suppose to be.

As for what FRIEND economy is:

F for finance (endless money creation from nothing with paper trails)
R for real estate (buying with debt, then selling at higher debt ratios, basically just a ponzi scheme)
I for insurance (cant become indebted without some insurance for when it all ultimately defaults)
E for entertainment (podcasting, YT influencer, Hollyweird, Onlyfans)
N for networking (only way to move up the socio economic ladder)
D for debt (if you want some of that newly created money, you must agree to become a debt slave)

And in order to get your foot in the door, you have to be friends with the right people

Old 02-25-2022, 08:58 PM

13,743 posts, read 8,004,726 times
How come Ukraine wanted to face the second most powerful country of the world?

Two words: Alexander Vindman

Our pudgy-faced general was born in Ukraine and fears no nation.

Old 02-25-2022, 09:32 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,958,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
That doesn't help me understand where your title came from, or why you said "Ukraine wanted to face the second most powerful country of the world".

Care to try again?
I think his point got lost in translation. OP is from Turkey. I don't think he meant the word "wanted." More like Ukraine got stuck facing the second most powerful country.

I think this post explains more of what he is thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grandeur View Post
The problem is Ukraine has zero chance against Russia unless West helps Ukraine. Ukraine's president trusted West and West left Ukraine alone. He shouldn't have trusted West.

Old 02-25-2022, 09:39 PM

3,191 posts, read 1,280,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
I think his point got lost in translation. OP is from Turkey. I don't think he meant the word "wanted."

I think this post explains more of what he is thinking.
I meant the word he wanted, with him going against Russia. But he thought West would help Ukraine. So Ukraine would be saved by the west.

And I am Turkish as you said.

It is annoying that people who look at things differently than them are automatically Russians in their minds when they are not.

By the same logic, are they Ukrainian?

Now see how stupid this logic is.

I don't use translator.

Last edited by The Grandeur; 02-25-2022 at 09:50 PM..

Old 02-25-2022, 09:39 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,980,084 times
China called they want their rank back op.

Old 02-25-2022, 09:45 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
I meant the word he wanted exactly with him going against Russia.

And I am Turkish as you said.

It is very annoying that people who look at things differently than them are automatically Russians in their minds.

By the same logic they would be Ukrainian.

I don't use translator
Here is a short video (very well done) giving you the basics to understand this conflict. It appears that you are lacking in this area and I hope that you will watch the whole thing. It's not that long but very informative. It will give you better insight and you will maybe understand why everyone in your thread is questioning you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK-yJD_fAtk

Old 02-25-2022, 10:25 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,882,004 times
I don’t think Ukraine had much say in the matter. When the people kicked out Russias puppet government in Ukraine, the writing was already on the wall.

Old 02-25-2022, 10:28 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,379,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Why they want to go to NATO so bad? Why they try and distance themselves from their cousins?
They wanted NATO for defense, they knew the pressure Russia would bring to bear.

Quote:
Why did the girl choose to flirt with what looked like the badest boy at the party?
They didn't flirt with Russia, Putin was the bad boy that was annoying the cute girl (Ukraine) at the party.

Quote:
It does not really look so bad.
A bad oppressive leader does not mean a bad country or people. Also you ignore that Russia for all their bravado is still not a major economic power - their economy is a little smaller than South Korea's that is about 1/3 the size in population and 1/170 the size area. Also the average worker in Russia makes a little less than 18K/year before the attack and now they make at least 10% less now that ruble was devalued.

Old 02-25-2022, 10:33 PM

170 posts, read 60,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
They wanted NATO for defense, they knew the pressure Russia would bring to bear.

They didn't flirt with Russia, Putin was the bad boy that was annoying the cute girl (Ukraine) at the party.
the thing is if they said they dont want join NATO, russia likely not attack it. ukraine should play smart and not lean too much on either side. you dont see russia attack white russia or belarus or other former soviet union nation thats closer to russia.

Old 02-26-2022, 12:43 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Ukraine's president had decides agaist Russia.

I guess Ukraine's president thought West would do something.
Of course!
Russia already seized the Crimea in 2014. That was Ukranian territory! Ukraine has reinforced it's borders as best it could ever since.

America and the EU thought that Putin would be satisfied once he had the Crimea back. Putin wasn't.
So there will be no more appeasement from the West.

Russia has done all the deciding. No one but Putin wanted this war, and he alone wanted Crimea.

If Turkey was invaded like this, would Turkey decide to lay down and take it? Or would Turks fight for their homeland?

That's what the people of Ukraine are doing right now. They are an independent nation, and no longer want to be a part of Russia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies