Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2022, 06:41 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,760,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
The deal I was referring to was the one made early this month. February 4, 2022. New-term supply.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...act-with-china
https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-p...ce-2022-02-04/

You are telling me China or Russia didn't know 3 weeks ago? Putin woke up last week and decided to invade? That's not how economies and partnerships work.

Putin is smart and why he could do what he did. He doesn't make a move if he doesn't have his ducks in a row. He has the nukes, a military that can fight on their terrain that nobody wants a piece of and deep economical ties with China and Germany and Europe dependent on them for cheap natural gas for their global warming lifestyle.
You mean, before the Winter Olympics, Russia told China “we will invade Ukraine”?
Do you even believe that yourself? Why would Russia tell anyone such a “highly classified” info?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2022, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Oh, please. China is taking over the world and we are letting them do it. It's nice that someone points it out.
Another brainwashed America.
Fortunately westerners who live in China don’t think that way.

https://youtu.be/vWR9he6QnjY

Old 02-26-2022, 07:53 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,613,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
You mean, before the Winter Olympics, Russia told China “we will invade Ukraine”?
Do you even believe that yourself? Why would Russia tell anyone such a “highly classified” info?
I believe there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes with all governments. Deals are made. I believe even the US KNEW with certainty that Russia was going to invade, it's just the quaint way we are told, as if Russia might have changed their mind, or that we were uncertain. I believe Biden knew, I believe it's very possible Putin said "State that Ukraine will never be in NATO". Biden refused. Putin told him in no uncertain terms, "Then I will invade Ukraine."
Do I think XI was told by Putin? Probably, yes. Putin cuts deal: When you take back Taiwan, I will abstain at the UN, just like you will for me.

Old 02-26-2022, 07:58 PM

30,168 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:

You don't that world leaders talk about all sorts of off the record stuff?

Its quite possible. Xi is not going to stab Putin in the back with this information. If there is one thing China is good at, its keeping secrets. And Putin needed to know where China stood with this.

Old 02-26-2022, 08:01 PM

30,168 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Another brainwashed America.
Fortunately westerners who live in China don’t think that way.

Westerners in China need to be very careful what they say. Looked what happened when the Chinese tennis player opened her mouth. I don't believe anything people in China say. They have very good reasons to not upset the government.

Old 02-26-2022, 10:27 PM

170 posts, read 60,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
You don't that world leaders talk about all sorts of off the record stuff?

Its quite possible. Xi is not going to stab Putin in the back with this information. If there is one thing China is good at, its keeping secrets. And Putin needed to know where China stood with this.
china prefer a strong russia as its partner, not a weaken sanctioned russia.

Old 02-26-2022, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Westerners in China need to be very careful what they say. Looked what happened when the Chinese tennis player opened her mouth. I don't believe anything people in China say. They have very good reasons to not upset the government.

If they hate China so much, they can easily leave and badmouth China in their home country. Actually a few youtubers do that.
Why is it so hard for you to believe some westerners sincerely like/love China?

Last edited by Bettafish; 02-26-2022 at 11:34 PM..

Old 02-26-2022, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s002wjh View Post
china prefer a strong russia as its partner, not a weaken sanctioned russia.

Imperial Russia occupied a huge territory of China in late 1800s. Even Mao didn't like the Soviets. Do you remember China and the Soviet Union broke up in the 1960s and only rebuilt the relationship in 1989? Do you know China and the Soviet Union had a battle on Zhenbao (Damansky) island in 1968?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-S...mansky)_Island

It'll be extremely naive to say China prefers a strong Russia. That reveals poor knowledge of Chinese history.

Old 02-27-2022, 04:37 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
I don't like the swamp running America anymore so I'm neutral on who wins this conflict. They are all a bunch of dictators that want to micromanage everyone's lives. They don't respect checks and balances nor the wishes of their people's....our leadership included at least at the federal level.

Once they went full stupid QE mode in March 2020 they lost most all support from me. That combined with their pandemic response and their immigration policy.

Old 02-28-2022, 07:27 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,458,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLands View Post
More Americans shop at Walmart buying that cheap junk than any other store. I've never bought a single thing from Walmart, and proud of it.
Truth is though, average person cannot afford to not purchase cheaply, it cuts into the wallet too deeply to only buy at boutique stores and independents, which is why they are disappearing.
Americans need to put their money where their mouth is, but it's going to hurt....
Walmart is not the only store to sell mostly Chinese products. It's everywhere. Years ago (probably 10+) I was shopping for a new dress at Nordstrom and I didn't like the fabrics, so I checked the tags. They all said "Made in China." ALL. I complained to the saleslady of the department, and she replied that she was sure that could not be true. Since the store was not busy, I asked her to follow me around her own department to check tags, which she did. Every single dress, every single item, was marked "Made in China." She was even more shocked than I was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies