Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2022, 01:47 PM

2,666 posts, read 1,185,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Would Hitler have used nukes if he had them? you betcha. Putin has similar asperations and you don't back an animal into a corner.

Someone needs to poison that SOB.
Yes. But notice Kim Jong Un doesn't have nuclear weapons. He makes bombs but I don't think any of them are nuclear. I always thought he would be the one to watch. But as Trump alluded to he is like kid with his bombs. I say for now he is.

I think the only way Putin would consider doing anything to the US would be if the US actually did step in and bomb them. Truthfully considering all the money and possibly weapons given to Ukraine from the US and all other Countries involved in foreign aid they should be well stocked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2022, 01:54 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,784,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Putin's goal was to establish a puppet government in Ukraine. Anything short will be a failure and shame him greatly. This brandishing of nuclear may be leading to some sort of exit ramp for him to "lose" the war on Ukraine but still claim victory in some way. His troops have been "x" miles from Kiev but little movement toward the city in some days. His forces are struggling to proceed further.
Russia so far has only used a small percentage of their troops. They possibly don't want to damage the country so badly that governing it in the future will be difficult. Yes, they want to install a puppet government there. My guess is they will be happy if they get a little more of Ukraine. The question is will Ukraine except any Russian proposal? But unfortunately for Ukraine, it is not up to them.

As for the war, Russia has more deadly weapons they haven't used yet. Ukraine will face a tough fight ahead.

Old 02-27-2022, 01:55 PM

1,022 posts, read 739,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesponge View Post
https://abcnews.go.com/International...-west-83103191

If he does drop an atomic bomb on a US city do we have a plan of action ?
Get under your desk and cover your head

Old 02-27-2022, 02:50 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
Yes. But notice Kim Jong Un doesn't have nuclear weapons. He makes bombs but I don't think any of them are nuclear. I always thought he would be the one to watch. But as Trump alluded to he is like kid with his bombs. I say for now he is.

I think the only way Putin would consider doing anything to the US would be if the US actually did step in and bomb them. Truthfully considering all the money and possibly weapons given to Ukraine from the US and all other Countries involved in foreign aid they should be well stocked.
Not sure why the NK analogy... but OK. Seismic recordings confirmed a nuclear test explosion in NKso I believe they have a few.

So... That's a lot of thinking on your part, but I would remind you and others, Putin doesn't seem like the same ole Russian oligarch Putin was before... who only wishes to get rich and richer. Now he's hell bent on some other psychotic endeavor, to restore glory to the fatherland, that may not be able to be explained with rational thinking... hence the animal in a corner analogy.

Old 02-27-2022, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Russia so far has only used a small percentage of their troops. They possibly don't want to damage the country so badly that governing it in the future will be difficult. Yes, they want to install a puppet government there. My guess is they will be happy if they get a little more of Ukraine. The question is will Ukraine except any Russian proposal? But unfortunately for Ukraine, it is not up to them.

As for the war, Russia has more deadly weapons they haven't used yet. Ukraine will face a tough fight ahead.
The ruskies are doing what every invading nation does... send in the troops that are trained to fight (enlisted) and hold the occupying troops (conscription) in reserve.

If it was the US... the Marines go in first, then the Army mops up and occupies.

Old 02-27-2022, 02:56 PM

8,238 posts, read 3,492,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Calzadilla View Post
Like most world leaders today, Putin is a puppet but the lesser one. Remember that shutdown of the world's economies back in 2020? Ever wonder who orchestrated all that? The Jesuits and the Vatican are the Deep State. They are that despotic power from the Middle Ages that lost their civil power back on February 10, 1798 when General Berthier captured and imprisoned Pope Pius. They have been quietly subverting society behind the scenes and working to get their power back. They want a one world government and one world religion with the Pope at the head. They are like an Aspen Grove with many trees but one root system. The Illuminati, the U.N., the EU, the WEF, the CFR, CIA, NSA, the IMF, the Federal Reserve, the "banksters," the Club of Rome, the Council of 300, the Bilderbergers, the Trilateral Commission, Hollywood, and the Mainstream Media are just some of the trees that make up that grove.

They are using the Hegelian Dialectic to achieve their goals (problem, reaction, solution). They are also using the topic of Climate Change to usher in a National Sunday Law with the idea of lowering carbon emissions to supposedly save the planet (see Catechism 2188 on their desire for a Sunday law). But the Bible says the Seventh-day is the Sabbath. If you're like most people you've probably been taught to believe the Sabbath is a relic of Judaism, but the Bible shows it was set-up at creation before Adam and Eve even sinned (see Genesis 2:1-3) and that it will be kept by God's people on the new earth (see Isaiah 66:22-23). Whose authority will you recognize when the test comes? God and His seventh-day Sabbath or the Pope and His Sunday? That will be the deciding issue that determines who is saved and who is lost before Jesus returns. Hope you choose wisely.
Sunday is not the Sabbath. Sabbath is from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday.

Old 02-27-2022, 03:13 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,951,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
The ruskies are doing what every invading nation does... send in the troops that are trained to fight (enlisted) and hold the occupying troops (conscription) in reserve.

If it was the US... the Marines go in first, then the Army mops up and occupies.
Uhmm, Dave excuse me, but I had to come out of posting retirement to respond to this preposturous comment.

Having served in the 82nd Airborne I'd like to respectfully remind you that from WWII to the present, Army Airborne goes in first and makes it safe for the Marines to land...

Hence one of the Airborne mottos. "First in, last out."

An dats how da fight started.

Last edited by jamies; 02-27-2022 at 03:21 PM..

Old 02-27-2022, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Uhmm, Dave excuse me, but I had to come out of posting retirement to respond to this preposturous comment.

Having served in the 82nd Airborne I'd like to respectfully remind you that from WWII to the present, Army Airborne goes in first and makes it safe for the Marines to land...

Hence one of the Airborne mottos. "First in, last out."

An dats how da fight started.

Copy dat dirt soldier

Old 02-28-2022, 12:05 PM

1,601 posts, read 867,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Take a History Class View Post
I was planning on wearing a mask and social distancing myself.

Damn. I hate being right.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art....html#comments
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies