Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2022, 06:58 AM

410 posts, read 157,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy64 View Post
This is a long video, but it's very no-nonsense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_0lfjrCEHg
Jason is spot on with everything. He always offers a good dose of common sense. Thanks for posting the video.
(I got to 1:24 and ran out of time to finish. Will have to watch the rest later)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2022, 07:09 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
For those critics of the President.....

Biden, like Bush I, has been effective in obtaining international cooperation. And in both instances, whether it be the rest of the world v. Sadaam Hussain, or, now, the rest of the world v. Vladimir Putin, the rest of the world had to go real hard against their best business interests and impose sanctions. Folk forget, much of Europe, and the US, had dealings with Iraq! And these days, for a Germany to shut the pipeline and the Swiss to freeze Russian money; should the President get the proper credit, as his predecessor decades, ago, got back then.....?
why should vegetable xoe get any credit for the actions of the germans and the swiss?

Old 03-04-2022, 07:14 AM

1,952 posts, read 829,742 times
Biden is buying crude from Putin and Iran. Telling how evil they are but putting money in their pockets.

That is awesome..... LOL

Old 03-04-2022, 08:48 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatman View Post
For those critics of the President.....

Biden, like Bush I, has been effective in obtaining international cooperation. And in both instances, whether it be the rest of the world v. Sadaam Hussain, or, now, the rest of the world v. Vladimir Putin, the rest of the world had to go real hard against their best business interests and impose sanctions. Folk forget, much of Europe, and the US, had dealings with Iraq! And these days, for a Germany to shut the pipeline and the Swiss to freeze Russian money; should the President get the proper credit, as his predecessor decades, ago, got back then.....?
Whaaat? H.W. Bush led a military coalition that went to war against Saddam Hussein. What is Biden doing that's in any way comparable to that?

Old 03-04-2022, 09:05 AM

2,706 posts, read 3,382,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
Biden is buying crude from Putin and Iran. Telling how evil they are but putting money in their pockets.

That is awesome..... LOL
......which is funding the invasion

Old 03-04-2022, 09:38 AM

663 posts, read 306,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post

That is awesome..... LOL
Look up the years our CAPITALIST Oil Corporations have. It is not a huge amount. I gave the stats NOT Rhetoric in a past post.

It fluctuates over the months. Basically, these Companies ALREADY saying they are cutting Russian ties will probably cut imports from Russia.

This under any Admin .... blaming a pres gets old. Formally, Biden could ban it (probably will formally). Still seems these Big Corporations/Oil companies. Seem to basically be doing it.

Irony, Biden is called stupid yet with out Allies, all has been in FULL Unity. No KNEW-JERK responses.

Biden had some STANDING OVATIONS from BOTH SIDES OF THE CONGRESSIONAL CHAMBER. During his State of the Union speech.

Even his Stutter he fought all his life was not as noticeable. Many do not realize how he has to fight it.

News sources did write on this in the past. Some keep it on rhetoric.

According to Atlantic, Biden said, "I scrunch my toes inside my shoes or tap my foot as a distraction to help me get out of it. A habit I've developed into a tic," he continues.

"I occasionally shuffle a pen between my hands. When I was younger, I used to press my palm against my brow in an attempt to force the missing word from my mind."

Biden also revealed that he was subjected to extensive childhood taunting as a result of his condition. A nun at his Catholic school in Delaware even teased him.

Biden, who occasionally stumbles over his words, has never let his stutter interfere with his political achievements.

Biden always had his mother, Catherine Eugenia Biden by his side as a boy, to ensure that being different is not a barrier to success. She assured her son that he was so brilliant that he 'couldn't get his thoughts out fast enough.'

*** Anyway, ON RUSSIAN OIL ... FOX NEWS IS REPORTING NANCY PELOSI CALLING FOR A RUSSIAN OIL BAN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diUKC5QkTc8

Old 03-04-2022, 09:49 AM

1,952 posts, read 829,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town View Post
Look up the years our CAPITALIST Oil Corporations have. It is not a huge amount. I gave the stats NOT Rhetoric in a past post.

It fluctuates over the months. Basically, these Companies ALREADY saying they are cutting Russian ties will probably cut imports from Russia.

This under any Admin .... blaming a pres gets old. Formally, Biden could ban it (probably will formally). Still seems these Big Corporations/Oil companies. Seem to basically be doing it.

Irony, Biden is called stupid yet with out Allies, all has been in FULL Unity. No KNEW-JERK responses.

Biden had some STANDING OVATIONS from BOTH SIDES OF THE CONGRESSIONAL CHAMBER. During his State of the Union speech.

Even his Stutter he fought all his life was not as noticeable. Many do not realize how he has to fight it.

News sources did write on this in the past. Some keep it on rhetoric.

According to Atlantic, Biden said, "I scrunch my toes inside my shoes or tap my foot as a distraction to help me get out of it. A habit I've developed into a tic," he continues.

"I occasionally shuffle a pen between my hands. When I was younger, I used to press my palm against my brow in an attempt to force the missing word from my mind."

Biden also revealed that he was subjected to extensive childhood taunting as a result of his condition. A nun at his Catholic school in Delaware even teased him.

Biden, who occasionally stumbles over his words, has never let his stutter interfere with his political achievements.

Biden always had his mother, Catherine Eugenia Biden by his side as a boy, to ensure that being different is not a barrier to success. She assured her son that he was so brilliant that he 'couldn't get his thoughts out fast enough.'

*** Anyway, ON RUSSIAN OIL ... FOX NEWS IS REPORTING NANCY PELOSI CALLING FOR A RUSSIAN OIL BAN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diUKC5QkTc8

Keep pumping up this man...he is going to need it going into the mid terms.

What I often mean by "Biden is doing X" is his handlers are doing it. Biden himself is not doing a thing - it is all his handlers that are pulling the strings. In one speech, Biden actually said "they told me to...." and then stopped mid-sentence. Ooops...pretty much admitting that he is told what to say.

Sure Nanci is saying not to buy Russian oil....her party is set for a massive shellacking and they are desperate. Before Ukraine kicked off....they could care less how high gas prices got, because their green overlords have wanted to end fossil fuels for a long time.

Our allies have always liked a weak or anti-American president over one that is more of a nationalist. They, like Putin, prefer weak US leaders and ones they can push around and manipulate. Bush and Trump were hated by most world leaders, because they were not going to be easily pushed around and would put America first, over their wishes.

Old 03-04-2022, 10:31 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,729,889 times
Too early to tell but it looks like Biden is going to get the Rally around the Flag bump in the polls. This is the first one that puts him in the high 40's. There is much precedent for this in the US.

President Biden’s “overall approval rating jumped to 47%, up 8 points from the NPR poll last month.”

https://twitter.com/HCTrudo/status/1499793357127786496

Quote:
Here's a look at some of the numbers:

Overall approval rating jumped to 47%, up 8 points from the NPR poll last month. Presidents don't generally see much, if any bounce, out of a State of the Union address. Since 1978, there had only been six times when a president saw an approval rating improve 4 points or more following State of the Union addresses, according to the pollsters. Three of those bounces were for former President Bill Clinton;
Ukraine handling is up 18 points to 52%;
Coronavirus pandemic handling is now 55%, up 8 points; and
Economic handling up 8 points to 45%
Lets see if plays out in RCP and 538

Old 03-04-2022, 10:32 AM

663 posts, read 306,901 times
Biden is not up for re-election in the Mid-Terms. Still, let's look at HISTORY og mid-terms.

Thought.com link.

The President's Party Loses an Average 30 Seats in Midterm Elections

* Topic: Why the President's Party Loses Seats in Midterm Elections.

"The President's Party Almost Always Loses Seats in Congress".

https://www.thoughtco.com/historical...esults-4087704

Link has this to read and this aspect relevant this mid-term...

The so-called "presidential penalty," or the tendency of more voters to go the polls only when they are angry. If more angry voters vote than do satisfied voters, the president's party loses.

In the United States, voters typically express dissatisfaction with the president's party and remove some of his senators and members of the House of Representatives.

Midterm elections provide a check on the president's power and give power to the electorate.

In the 21 midterm elections held since 1934, only twice has the president's party gained seats in both the Senate and the House: Franklin Delano Roosevelt's first midterm election and George W. Bush's first midterm election.

On four other occasions, the president's party gained Senate seats and once it was a draw. On one occasion, the president's party gained House seats. The worst midterm losses tend to occur in a president's first term.

- In 2018, Republicans lost 39 seats—41 in the House while gaining two in the Senate—two years after the election of Republican President Donald Trump.

- In 2010, Democrats lost 69 seats—63 in the House and six in the Senate—while Democratic President Barack Obama was in the White House.

- In 2006, Republicans lost 36 seats—30 in the House and six in the Senate—while Republican President George W. Bush was in office.

- In 1994, Democrats lost 60 seats—52 in the House and eight in the Senate—while Democrat Bill Clinton was in office.

- In 1974, Republicans lost 53 seats—48 in the House and five in the Senate—while Republican President Gerald Ford was in office.

So LEGACY tells us what is LIKELY. All about turn-out... if angry or well pleased... more on one side turn out.

Old 03-04-2022, 10:36 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,729,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town View Post
Biden is not up for re-election in the Mid-Terms. Still, let's look at HISTORY og mid-terms.

Thought.com link.

The President's Party Loses an Average 30 Seats in Midterm Elections

* Topic: Why the President's Party Loses Seats in Midterm Elections.

"The President's Party Almost Always Loses Seats in Congress".

https://www.thoughtco.com/historical...esults-4087704

Link has this to read and this aspect relevant this mid-term...

The so-called "presidential penalty," or the tendency of more voters to go the polls only when they are angry. If more angry voters vote than do satisfied voters, the president's party loses.

In the United States, voters typically express dissatisfaction with the president's party and remove some of his senators and members of the House of Representatives.

Midterm elections provide a check on the president's power and give power to the electorate.

In the 21 midterm elections held since 1934, only twice has the president's party gained seats in both the Senate and the House: Franklin Delano Roosevelt's first midterm election and George W. Bush's first midterm election.

On four other occasions, the president's party gained Senate seats and once it was a draw. On one occasion, the president's party gained House seats. The worst midterm losses tend to occur in a president's first term.

- In 2018, Republicans lost 39 seats—41 in the House while gaining two in the Senate—two years after the election of Republican President Donald Trump.

- In 2010, Democrats lost 69 seats—63 in the House and six in the Senate—while Democratic President Barack Obama was in the White House.

- In 2006, Republicans lost 36 seats—30 in the House and six in the Senate—while Republican President George W. Bush was in office.

- In 1994, Democrats lost 60 seats—52 in the House and eight in the Senate—while Democrat Bill Clinton was in office.

- In 1974, Republicans lost 53 seats—48 in the House and five in the Senate—while Republican President Gerald Ford was in office.

So LEGACY tells us what is LIKELY. All about turn-out... if angry or well pleased... more on one side turn out.
We are all watching images of a European War right now. I don't see that changing going into the midterms...how this impacts turnout? I don't know...but it has changed the equation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies