Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 05:44 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times

Advertisements

You betcha!

A lot of WTF (Winning the Future) moments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc6cU...layer_embedded

Quote:
Well, speaking of last night, that was a tough speech to sit through and try to stomach because the president is so off base in his ideas in how it is he believes government is going to create jobs. His theme last night in the State of the Union was the WTF, you know, “Winning the Future,” and I thought OK, that acronym, spot on. There were a lot of WTF moments throughout that speech.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 05:51 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,017,162 times
I've only known a couple of folks who enjoy embarassing themselves publically and they all are in a rehab now. But Palin is not [in a rehab]. It's a mystery.

Last edited by wellyouknow; 01-27-2011 at 06:07 AM..

Old 01-27-2011, 06:00 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,816,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellyouknow View Post
I've only known a couple of folks who enjoy embarassing themselves publically and they all are in a rehab now. But Palin is not. It's a mystery.
I hope she stays in the public eye and even runs for president. She is the biggest clown in political history

Old 01-27-2011, 06:00 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellyouknow View Post
I've only known a couple of folks who enjoy embarassing themselves publically and they all are in a rehab now. But Palin is not. It's a mystery.
I happen to agree with her assessment of the WTF moments.

By that, I think she means absolutely clueless to be calling for new spending under the circumstances.

Old 01-27-2011, 06:03 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times
If Jesus had given the same SOTU address as Obama, she'd be saying he was evil. You can cut off your nose to spite your face for the sake of partisan politics, but I want to see serious people get this country out of a mess.

The theme wasn't that government will create jobs--it's that BUSINESS will create jobs, and how we create an environment in this country where business can thrive. I don't care who proposed it--I think it's right on the money. You do that through cutting the corporate tax base but cutting the loopholes and pork out (right now 2/3 of corporations pay nothing at all--just think what they would do if they all paid even what I pay in personal income taxes--and right now small businesses get hammered). You support infrastructure development--things like pervasive internet access--so that business can actually function. You put money into basic research into new technologies so industry can run with applied research to create innovative new products. You support education so we have a workforce trained to do highly skilled work. You restructure the government so it's more efficient--if some programs aren't working or are duplicates, you slash them. Pretty simple concept, and what any business would do in similar circumstances. It actually agrees with many republican points, but heaven forbid that any of you would ever acknowledge that.

Old 01-27-2011, 06:09 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,591,224 times
I say kudos to Sarah Palin for always speaking up and not feeling forced to keep quiet - despite the fact that so many Dems would love to get rid of her.

I did not watch the entire SOTU as I honestly cannot stomach watching our lousy POTUS stare into the camera and spew lies. Enough is enough and 2 years of this man is more than enough for me.

However, the parts I did watch, along with the re-caps on various news channels, had me shaking my head in wonder. How does he think we are going to get rid of this enormous debt by spending on energy and other projects? I heard him say 'invest' one to many times. Invest? WITH WHAT MONEY?

I am anxiously awaiting 2012.

Old 01-27-2011, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
I say kudos to Sarah Palin for always speaking up and not feeling forced to keep quiet - despite the fact that so many Dems would love to get rid of her.

I did not watch the entire SOTU as I honestly cannot stomach watching our lousy POTUS stare into the camera and spew lies. Enough is enough and 2 years of this man is more than enough for me.

However, the parts I did watch, along with the re-caps on various news channels, had me shaking my head in wonder. How does he think we are going to get rid of this enormous debt by spending on energy and other projects? I heard him say 'invest' one to many times. Invest? WITH WHAT MONEY?

I am anxiously awaiting 2012.
If you lose your job, you need to cut your expenditures to the bone. If there are no jobs in your field, cutting your expenditures will only last until your savings run out, and then you'd better be ready to move in to a new profession. That usually requires education and training. It's no different for the country. Our business model doesn't work anymore, and the world is leaving us behind. If we don't invest in bringing this country into the 21st century, no amount of budget cutting is going to dig us out of a financial hole. We can't survive as a consumer based economy. Get it?

Old 01-27-2011, 06:38 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,619,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
If Jesus had given the same SOTU address as Obama, she'd be saying he was evil. You can cut off your nose to spite your face for the sake of partisan politics, but I want to see serious people get this country out of a mess.
Perhaps because his speeches and his methods are horrible? Thank you for pointing out it's not about the person, it's the policies. Skippy's policies are just not good.

Old 01-27-2011, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Perhaps because his speeches and his methods are horrible? Thank you for pointing out it's not about the person, it's the policies. Skippy's policies are just not good.
It IS about the policy. The problem is that she makes it about the person. That's where I have very little respect for her. We can respectfully disagree on how to do something, or we can automatically attack the other side. I have zero patience at this point with the attacks--I want people who can work together and move forward. I could care less if an R or a D created this plan--as a business person, I think it's right on the mark.

Old 01-27-2011, 06:41 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Get rid of her? I'd say most Dems consider her blather one of their greatest boosters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies