Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2022, 08:17 PM

9,397 posts, read 6,523,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
People in NYC are being conditioned to expect and ACCEPT random violence. Every story is "random" nonsensical violence. Although anyone can tell you most violence is not random, and is usually between parties that have some sort of issue with each other.

Just like most burglaries are committed by people who know the people that they are stealing from.

Kicked down the stairs? Poop in the face? Now a white guy in short sleeves in 40 degree weather clocking Asian women?

What's on tomorrow's menu? Galleger will appear and chuck watermelons at passersby? All caught on camera ..
I've been lurking on the NYC forum. I enjoy reading all the threads about these violent crimes. It is fascinating to read about the city regressing backwards reversing the progress made under Rudy Guiliani and Michael Bloomberg. One concept that comes up frequently is that local NYC politicians have their hands metaphorically tied because bail reform laws are at the state level.

So I scanned and perused the entire New York state forum looking at the upstate cities and the general state forum alike. There are no recent postings about violent crime and bail reform anywhere within the state outside NYC. Based on C-D postings it seems like bail reform is not causing any issues in New York state except for NYC. I find this intriguing, no recent violent crime threads in Buffalo, Rochester Syracuse and Albany. Are upstate New Yorkers just unwilling to discuss crime or is NYC really the cultural sewer of the northeast?

Old 03-05-2022, 05:40 PM

15,059 posts, read 6,229,959 times
So the guy is an Army vet with mental health issues…

Mental health issues seem like a recurring theme in these attacks in NYC.

https://news.yahoo.com/army-vet-char...181036989.html

Old 03-05-2022, 05:50 PM

73,224 posts, read 63,111,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
I've been lurking on the NYC forum. I enjoy reading all the threads about these violent crimes. It is fascinating to read about the city regressing backwards reversing the progress made under Rudy Guiliani and Michael Bloomberg. One concept that comes up frequently is that local NYC politicians have their hands metaphorically tied because bail reform laws are at the state level.

So I scanned and perused the entire New York state forum looking at the upstate cities and the general state forum alike. There are no recent postings about violent crime and bail reform anywhere within the state outside NYC. Based on C-D postings it seems like bail reform is not causing any issues in New York state except for NYC. I find this intriguing, no recent violent crime threads in Buffalo, Rochester Syracuse and Albany. Are upstate New Yorkers just unwilling to discuss crime or is NYC really the cultural sewer of the northeast?
I know about cities like Buffalo and Rochester. Those cities have alot more crime than they get credit for. My theory is this. Some people live in the suburbs of Buffalo and Rochester. Or, some people aren't willing to talk about it.

I also consider this. Buffalo and Rochester are not heavily populated cities. Buffalo looks like a big city, it used to have a much larger population. However, it has a much smaller population today. It went from 580,132 in 1950 to 261,310 in 2010. It stands at 278,349 today.

Also understand, NYC basically dwarfs the rest of New York state. This isn't like California where there are several 1 million+ people in several cities. NYC metro area is where the majority of New York's population lives.

Per capita, Buffalo has a higher murder rate than NYC. Buffalo doesn't get much of attention because of what state it's in, and what part of that state it's in. New York once you get into Upstate NY is a different beast.

Old 03-05-2022, 06:25 PM

6,986 posts, read 3,179,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
So the guy is an Army vet with mental health issues…

Mental health issues seem like a recurring theme in these attacks in NYC.

https://news.yahoo.com/army-vet-char...181036989.html
Yeah,..I wouldn't give him the honor of calling him a Vet,..he was in for barely a year and left or got kicked for whatever reason. Even his mom had a no contact order on him.

But yes, I think most of the random attacks we've been seeing have been mentally ill and or homeless. As it's probably been for decades.

His mom also said he was wanting to learn japanese or something. If he had a gun, I wonder if he'd be like that other florida dweeb.

Old 03-05-2022, 06:42 PM

I notice the people snapping are those who are basically blundering through life with no direction.

Old 04-13-2022, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewsGirlOne View Post
Is there more information about the status of this story? Did he get released or are they still detaining him?
I don't know.

Old 04-13-2022, 01:57 PM

30,319 posts, read 18,870,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
When there are no penalties for illegal behavior and blacks are given the notion that they have superlative rights which exceed those of their fellow citizens, we can expect such things to continue.

Blacks have been given preferential treatment for so long that any equality under law is perceived as being unfair and "racist". They simply cannot understand that they are incarcerated more because they commit more crimes and have lower standards of living as they hold contempt for advanced education. Black culture is a fast track to poverty and lower achievement.

Old 04-13-2022, 01:58 PM

31,036 posts, read 19,620,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewsGirlOne View Post
Is there more information about the status of this story? Did he get released or are they still detaining him?
Based on the Woke philosophy, they likely released him and told him to keep doing what he's doing and blame it on White Supremacy.

Old 04-13-2022, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Based on the Woke philosophy, they likely released him and told him to keep doing what he's doing and blame it on White Supremacy.
Do you know for a fact said attacker got released? If not, this right here is the reason I said "I don't know".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies