Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2022, 03:44 PM

4,022 posts, read 1,877,686 times

Advertisements

I'm confused...by anyone that doesn't understand that stat.

Once 100% of people are vaccinated - then 100% of deaths will be from people who are vaccinated...right?

The question is - compared to people who are NOT vaccinated - how many, as a proportion?

All the data - and I mean - ALL of it - shows that vaccinated people tend to die less from COVID than unvaccinated people.

Old 03-03-2022, 04:00 PM

4,664 posts, read 4,977,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post
I'm confused...by anyone that doesn't understand that stat.

Once 100% of people are vaccinated - then 100% of deaths will be from people who are vaccinated...right?

The question is - compared to people who are NOT vaccinated - how many, as a proportion?

All the data - and I mean - ALL of it - shows that vaccinated people tend to die less from COVID than unvaccinated people.
Correct. The UK is at 78% with at least one shot, and about 89% of deaths recently are in people with at least one shot.

Those two facts alone do not mean the vaccines are ineffective (consider that the highest-risk age groups have the highest vaccination rates). But still, on its face it's far from inspiring. And it's interesting to see that 89% number after people very authoritatively insisted it was more like 0-10%.

Old 03-03-2022, 04:37 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Those are snapshots in time and ones that ignore the bigger picture.

You were free to live your lives because politicians said so.
What difference does that make!? 1'200 people were dying from Covid, the vaccination came along, deaths dropped to 16% of those numbers and the government opened up the country again. Despite the infection numbers (obviously) going up massively because of this the death rate didn't follow so the UK stayed open - vaccine worked, UK opened up - vaccine STILL keeping death rates low NOW. Unless a variant comes along where death rates again become high the UK will stay open. Thanks vaccine no!?

Old 03-03-2022, 07:58 PM

507 posts, read 344,288 times
I'm genuinely trying to figure out what if any conclusions can be drawn from the information presented in the OP's link. I noticed that throughout the document there are repeated reminders that the data presented should not be used to assess vaccine efficacy, and that doing so would likely lead to an inaccurate and incorrect evaluation. Also repeatedly stressed throughout the document:

"This data should be considered in the context of the vaccination status of the population groups shown in the rest of this report. In the context of very high vaccine coverage in the population, even with a highly effective vaccine, it is expected that a large proportion of cases, hospitalisations and deaths would occur in vaccinated individuals, simply because a larger proportion of the population are vaccinated than unvaccinated and no vaccine is 100% effective."

With the above in mind, regarding table 12a - what it shows is that almost everyone who died of covid in the specified time frame was over 70 yrs old. Isn't it the case that the vast majority of people over 70 in the UK are vaccinated? If you are dealing with an age group that is almost 100% vaccinated, then almost everyone who dies (of any cause) in that cohort will be a vaccinated person. This is where the 89% figure is really coming from - because it's where the deaths are coming from, that over 70 age group.

Table 12a shows that for the under 18 age group 66% of deaths were unvaccinated and not one death of someone who had a booster. Someone could state "66% of minors dying of covid are unvaccinated, and no deaths among those with 3rd dose" but without knowing more context (like the fact that the total # of deaths in this age group was 6, or that probably almost no one in this age group has a booster) this statement is very misleading, even if it's technically factual. The same thing many are pointing out about the 89% figure.

Regarding table 13, I would not necessarily assume their estimates are wildly off. But I of course agree they need to add info about people with 2 doses (no "booster").

Forum member 'tribecavsbrowns' used the phrase "far from inspiring" and I laughed out loud when I read that because it sums up how I feel about the vaccines - far from inspiring. I agree with those who point out the current vaccines were created for a virus that no longer exists.

A question I keep wondering about - is it possible to determine how many lives covid vaccines have saved? Or how many severe cases they've prevented? I can think of methods to try and answer these questions but they all seem very flawed, especially because the virus itself has continuously mutated into new variants.

Old 03-04-2022, 04:11 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times
excerpt : page 42.

In the context of very high vaccine coverage in the population, even with a highly effective vaccine, it is expected that a large proportion of cases, hospitalisations and deaths would occur in vaccinated individuals,

simply because a larger proportion of the population are vaccinated than unvaccinated and no vaccine is 100% effective.

The absurdity...........................is overwhelming.

Old 03-04-2022, 04:39 AM

334 posts, read 188,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
To be fair, if it was working like they wanted, it would have been 100& of the deaths from the vaccinated.
Sorry to burst your bubble.....but...it's not over yet. There's NO doubt that the so-called vaxxcine is poison. The data is being revealed daily. Some suffer sooner and some suffer later. But suffer they will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
The truth is the vaccine is a scam.
Agree 100000%

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
I love this thread. Actual statistics vs. studies vs. interpretation. The vaccines are not what they are purported to be and the statistics are highly manipulated to promote effectiveness when the real world facts state different. The cheerleaders continue to cheer because they must.
EXACTLY...!!!

Old 03-04-2022, 05:38 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Correct. The UK is at 78% with at least one shot, and about 89% of deaths recently are in people with at least one shot.

Those two facts alone do not mean the vaccines are ineffective (consider that the highest-risk age groups have the highest vaccination rates). But still, on its face it's far from inspiring. And it's interesting to see that 89% number after people very authoritatively insisted it was more like 0-10%.
The fact that people who are vaccinated are dying means that the vaccine doesn't work.

A 4 year old could tell us that.

Why are vaccinated dying? Because it. does. not. work.

Old 03-04-2022, 06:41 AM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
The fact that people who are vaccinated are dying means that the vaccine doesn't work.

A 4 year old could tell us that.

Why are vaccinated dying? Because it. does. not. work.
That is not based on facts, yes there are some breakthrough deaths but overall the vaccine is very effective.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...vaccine-status

Old 03-04-2022, 06:47 AM

92 posts, read 27,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
That is not based on facts, yes there are some breakthrough deaths but overall the vaccine is very effective.

No, it’s not- it was designed for the original late 2019 variant. That’s why it was practically useless against Omi. Stop injecting obsolete serum in to your healthy bodies.

Old 03-04-2022, 07:06 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post

You contradicted yourself.

My statement: "Vaccinated are dying" is a fact. That means it doesn't work. Because if it worked, vaccinated wouldn't get sick > wouldn't get hospitalized > wouldn't die.

The entire nation freaked out over measles outbreaks, screeching about how everyone was going to die.

Yet vaccinated people are DYING from the very disease that they are supposed to be vaccinated against, and somehow that means the vaccine works.

Pick a day, throw a dart, change the narrative.

Scientific thought at its finest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies