Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2022, 12:28 PM

3,510 posts, read 2,806,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
so you are saying he has "no right" to tell anyone can or cannot wear a mask?

how about he's going to do it via "mandates"?
DeSantis is the Government the last time I checked. And what does the Government do, that's right the Government is the head of Tyranny.

Unless something dramatic has just happened. Did DeSantis resign as Governor? Someone please tell me.

Old 03-04-2022, 12:30 PM

14,296 posts, read 4,653,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Take it to a court if you need an answer.

It's a legal issue, not a problem governed by rules of etiquette.
translation

leftists: OMG! it's so rude for a Gov to tell people not to wear masks

also, leftists: it's cool for Gov to make vax/mask mandates otherwise people can't work, go to school, or buy a sandwich from Ralph's

Old 03-04-2022, 12:31 PM

25,452 posts, read 9,887,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
My only response is that it must be difficult living life in this manner. As in excruciating.

If something as benign as the statement send people over the edge, I cannot imagine them trying to function in every day life.

I mean, what if the cashier doesn't smile at them? Do they go home and cry? Throw themselves on the floor kicking and screaming at the injustice of it all?

If when paying a bill online the computer system freezes, do people think they are being persecuted? That the computer knows that they are XCYAZ and is targeting them?? Commence screaming crying complaining and ranting at how discriminated against they are?

'Pointing his finger and sucking in his teeth' so.... get really p-ssed!!!! Be ANGRY!!!! SHAMEE!!!!!!! SHAMEEE!!!!!!

All I can do is be thankful I have common sense enough to know when it's time to be offended. Because it appears a lot of people can't make that distinction.
Yes, I imagine his being triggered by some kids wearing a mask is extremely excruciating for him. And it does appear that he was certainly over the edge with his response.

Old 03-04-2022, 12:31 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,290,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
when dealing with democrats, some keys to remember, if the topic is 'gun violence kills children' then the age is just shy of 35. If the topic is pro choice, then the minimum age of a child is I dunno 5 years? they do not use a common reference point.
So a high schooler, under 18 is an adult in your opinion. That is not a common reference point- at least not legally. But sure, argue that if you believe it to be true.

Old 03-04-2022, 12:32 PM

3,510 posts, read 2,806,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Yes, I imagine his being triggered by some kids wearing a mask is extremely excruciating for him.
You don't think we should be triggered by a Big Government official tell kids what do do.

You must think we should be in bondage to the Government.

Old 03-04-2022, 12:34 PM

3,987 posts, read 6,602,552 times
DeSantis would be best served by learning to periodically shut his pie hole. He has done some good things in FL, but like all narcissists he has a problem learning when to shut it.

13,388 posts, read 6,482,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
What high school are they from? Where was the video recorded?
I haven't seen a specific school mentioned only that they are students in the Hillsborough County Public School sytem.

Here's a link. It mentions that one of the kids was 14 and there are comments from the Superintendent of the school system.

https://apnews.com/article/coronavir...3beef62ebee6e8

2,284 posts, read 642,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
You don't think we should be triggered by a Big Government official tell kids what do do.

If DeSantis was tell them to mask up or get vaccinated the Maskholes here would applaud!

Old 03-04-2022, 12:36 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,405,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
translation

leftists: OMG! it's so rude for a Gov to tell people not to wear masks

also, leftists: it's cool for Gov to make vax/mask mandates otherwise people can't work, go to school, or buy a sandwich from Ralph's
The control freak leftists are insufferable HYPOCRITES!!!

Old 03-04-2022, 12:36 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,290,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Yes, I imagine his being triggered by some kids wearing a mask is extremely excruciating for him. And it does appear that he was certainly over the edge with his response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post

We are all allowed to be triggered by whatever.
But an elected official just shouldn’t be admonishing high school kids in public if you are triggered.
There is a higher standard, and a standard when addressing school age teenagers.
Desantis just doesn’t believe he needs to be held to that standard. Clearly others agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies