Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2022, 02:05 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,929,917 times

Advertisements

There's a reason, in the latest FL Gubernatorial poll, DeSantis has a lead over Crist in excess of 20 points. Yeah. Not a typo. That's twenty points.

Quote:
DeSantis 58% job approval (including 58% of indies & 57% of Hispanics), leads both major Dem challengers by 20+ points, Rubio up 12 in Senate race.

https://twitter.com/guypbenson/statu...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

This is a man who values freedom and disdains fearful irrational BS.

Quote:
"You do not have to wear those masks. Please take them off. Honestly, it's not doing anything. We've gotta stop with this Covid theater. So if you wanna wear it, fine, but this is ridiculous."
https://twitter.com/EvanDonovan/stat...86276519239680

https://redstate.com/brandon_morse/2...heater-n530578

I love this guy. AND I love Donald Trump.

Either one would be an epic choice for GOP contender.

Old 03-02-2022, 02:15 PM

17,917 posts, read 7,122,219 times
He is fantastic. Those poor brainwashed kids. At least one of them took the useless mask off from what I could see.

Old 03-02-2022, 02:17 PM

6,081 posts, read 2,303,223 times
DeSantis biggest weakness is his thin skin. I am still not sure DeSantis can make it through a Republican primary without imploding, especially if Trump is there.

These are high school kids and I am certain were instructed to wear masks, no need to put on a show toward them.

Old 03-02-2022, 02:18 PM

17,917 posts, read 7,122,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
DeSantis biggest weakness is his thin skin. I am still not sure DeSantis can make it through a Republican primary without imploding, especially if Trump was there.

These are high school kids and I am certain were instructed to wear masks, no need to put on a show toward them.
They aren't babies. They need to hear the truth from an adult like DeSantis, as opposed to the constant lies they're hearing from their left-wing teachers and administrators.

Old 03-02-2022, 02:20 PM

Quote:

I'm pretty sure they were college kids. (University of South Florida.)

As for "putting on a show", the video transcribed his words on the bottom, which doesn't exactly come across as loquacious.

Perhaps you should....I dunno....read the article...or....view the very brief video you're commenting on.

Lemme guess: Democrat?

Old 03-02-2022, 02:20 PM

5,614 posts, read 2,351,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post

.....This is a man who values freedom.....
Apparently he didn't value the freedom of those students.

He told them what to do regarding mask wearing and admonished them for their masking choice. I thought he was for people choosing whether they want to wear a mask or not.

Old 03-02-2022, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Apparently he didn't value the freedom of those students.

He told them what to do

Flat out false.

He told them they could take the masks off, and they could wear them if they wanted to.

That alone is far more freedom than any of the authoritarian faculty and Democrat politicians have delegated over the past two years.

Old 03-02-2022, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
They aren't babies. They need to hear the truth from an adult like DeSantis, as opposed to the constant lies they're hearing from their left-wing teachers and administrators.
They are in high school, they know what a blow-hard bully looks like, that's why some kept their mask on. If DeSantis asked nicely I bet they all would have taken their mask off.

I am serious when I say this dude loses his cool on TV monthly, I don't know how he would get through a primary with Trump or Trump-like republicans poking at him daily.

DeSantis has done well in Florida but has never faced constant grilling like the Republican Primary is going to bring.

Old 03-02-2022, 02:24 PM

Quote:
They are in high school

Cite?

Regardless, you think one off hand comment basically telling the truth is "bullying", but forced unscientific mask mandates is perfectly fine.

Without knowing anything about you, that actually tells me quite a lot!

Old 03-02-2022, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
I'm pretty sure they were college kids. (University of South Florida.)

As for "putting on a show", the video transcribed his words on the bottom, which doesn't exactly come across as loquacious.

Perhaps you should....I dunno....read the article...or....view the very brief video you're commenting on.

Lemme guess: Democrat?
No highschool, they were invited to the college, I am in Tampa right now, it's on local news. They were invited and just were following the rules they were given.

Quote:
Hillsborough School District told 8 On Your Side there were seven children in attendance at the press conference who are all students at Middleton High School in Tampa.
https://www.wfla.com/news/politics/t...his-usf-visit/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies