Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2022, 07:04 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,197,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Just look at the blacks who CHOOSE to come here and compare them with "native" blacks.
The fact that you all insist on racializing us is proof that you make everything about race.

https://www.npr.org/2013/06/27/19559...ack-in-the-u-s

Old 03-05-2022, 07:15 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,323,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
And yes, the war on drugs was designed to disrupt their rise and its ongoing, though weakening. So it’s a positive thing that there will be no large concerted effort initialized to suppress their strength as a group going forward. It’s not there yet, but within 50 years, it should be minimized significantly.
Seriously? I'm from an old blue-collar ghetto where drug and alcohol problems are common. Doing drugs can seriously hold people back from having successful lives. I've seen it more times than I could count. How does trying to stop people from doing drugs impede their success?

Last edited by fat lou; 03-05-2022 at 08:33 AM..

Old 03-05-2022, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
Improvement is on the individual.

You want to be better - be better.

The fake narrative is believing that Govt is going to make it better on your behalf because you are weak and can't on your own.

That's what the Dem's want people to believe.
This involves many more institutions than the government. Businesses, universities, hospitals, even the NFL, of all things, are constantly being browbeaten and guilted into giving people concessions.

Old 03-05-2022, 07:40 AM

30,580 posts, read 19,310,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Just look at the blacks who CHOOSE to come here and compare them with "native" blacks.
The average black American makes about 40 times higher income than the average black African so no surprise that they are choosing to immigrate, and the African immigrants are doing even better than the average American. Every American, black, white, Asian and Hispanic are privileged.

Old 03-05-2022, 08:56 AM

24,750 posts, read 9,544,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The average black American makes about 40 times higher income than the average black African so no surprise that they are choosing to immigrate, and the African immigrants are doing even better than the average American. Every American, black, white, Asian and Hispanic are privileged.
Bingo.

The only developed country with the most black billionaires: America

The only developed country with the most black millionaires: America

The only developed country with a 13% black population: America

The only developed country who had a black head of state: America

We blacks can whine all we want, but there is not other country that has provided more to blacks than America. This is why rich blacks like Obama and Lebron James never leave America, despite having the money to do so.

Being born in America is like winning the lottery, but what you do with the ticket is up to you.

Old 03-05-2022, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreNB View Post

I honestly don’t think people have been listening and/or attempting to understand the depth and magnitude of racism in the US for a long time, so I find your comment disingenuous.
I didn't make a comment, I asked a question. One that you didn't answer. I'm looking for specifics. You did mention housing discrimination. Personally, I have heard about housing discrimination, yes, about 10 billion times. There are laws against such things, and have been for decades. I've never heard of this 1763 Proclamation that you mentioned, despite my being a U.S. history major in college. How about the question I asked earlier? Do things like academic achievement and crime rates have to improve before there can be any real change in these issues? Or is talking about the same things over and over and over and over and over and over supposed to magically fix everything?

Oh, and why do you capitalize the word "black," but not the word "white?"

Last edited by fat lou; 03-05-2022 at 09:34 AM..

Old 03-05-2022, 09:24 AM

Quote:
If the war on drugs was that serious about achieving that goal, why did so many government institutions allow big Pharma to create the most deadly drug epidemic we’ve ever experienced?? Why were Black and Hispanics arrested at such a disproportionate rate when white people consume just as much drugs on a per person basis?? Why wasn’t there are more concentrated effort on preventative measures and rehabilitation as opposed to punitive measures? I personally wouldn’t want drug dealers to push dangerous drugs without repercussions either, but I don’t believe the intent behind the war on drugs was pure.
Again, you didn't answer my question. How does trying to stop people from doing crack or heroin or crystal meth keep them from being successful in life? Then you contradict yourself by saying that you want drug dealers to face repercussions.

Many drug companies have been investigated by the USDOJ for over-prescribing opioids. I know this first-hand.

Last edited by fat lou; 03-05-2022 at 09:39 AM..

Old 03-05-2022, 09:28 AM

73,138 posts, read 62,791,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
The fact that you all insist on racializing us is proof that you make everything about race.

https://www.npr.org/2013/06/27/19559...ack-in-the-u-s
Not only that, I think about this. Black immigrants to CHOOSE to come here have a different mindset, a different state of mind. They aren't coming here with any of that baggage or trauma that Black Americans have been dealing with.

Old 03-05-2022, 10:06 AM

11,085 posts, read 6,026,806 times
Quote:
If the war on drugs was that serious about achieving that goal, why did so many government institutions allow big Pharma to create the most deadly drug epidemic we’ve ever experienced?? Why were Black and Hispanics arrested at such a disproportionate rate when white people consume just as much drugs on a per person basis?? Why wasn’t there are more concentrated effort on preventative measures and rehabilitation as opposed to punitive measures? I personally wouldn’t want drug dealers to push dangerous drugs without repercussions either, but I don’t believe the intent behind the war on drugs was pure.
Hang on! What's with the Black, Hispanics and white thing?

You know, I am as anti-racism as the next guy so when I see this and especially coming from someone who is complaining about racism? Well, not so much complaining but pointing it out.

Going past that, you have mentioned things that I am not aware of. As a live and let live kinda guy, I just expect others to be as unbiased as I am and not being at the receiving end of any discrimination, I am blissfully unaware of it.

But now our white and woke, commie Dear Leader is leading my country into racism and discrimination. She is making official appointments based on race, gender confusion and political leaning. White males need not apply. We now have privileged classes.

This has filtered down to city council levels. We are now fighting in court, a council ruling that is blatantly racist. City venues can be booked by anyone but if one of the privileged classes wants to book the venue then the non-privileged groups booking gets cancelled! That's just the example that we are fighting right now.

Our Dear Leader by the way, is joined at the hip with Herr Trudeau.

Old 03-05-2022, 10:17 AM

73,138 posts, read 62,791,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
There has been a stigma slammed on blacks since before slavery and refueled since. Each new era brings more waves of negative stigma placed on blacks and here’s the thing; every single phase have one thing in common. “It’s the blacks fault”.

And yes, blacks as a group started in negative territory. Irregardless of the fact that their lot is improving on some measures, they will continue to be stigmatized for some time.

And yes, the war on drugs was designed to disrupt their rise and its ongoing, though weakening. So it’s a positive thing that there will be no large concerted effort initialized to suppress their strength as a group going forward. It’s not there yet, but within 50 years, it should be minimized significantly.

I’m familiar with military asymmetrical and psychological warfare and observed the way things have played out with blacks is a page straight out of strategies of population destabilization assaults, our national security apparatus would rage against an enemy nation.

Pretty sick and sad really.
I think about how Black Americans got here in the first place. Most other groups got here by choice. Either as refugees, contract labor, or immigrants. Even indentured servants had a sense of volition. Indentured servants had that choice to enter into that contract, and after 7 years, they would be free. Blacks did not even think about coming to America. They were kidnapped, sold, shackled, stuffed onto ships, and shipped to America by force. No other group came to America the way Black Americans did. The stigma and the cruelty began even before Blacks stepped on U.S. soil.

Things have certainly improved for Black Americans. I would say considering where Black Americans started, I would say Black Americans have made progress. At the same time, it still not as good as for other groups.

Alot of drug laws were not made with human health in mind. They were either made with prejudice against "the other" in mind, or fear of someone's profits being taken out. Making marijuana illegal was made easy when it was associated with Mexicans in the Southwest. There were other concerns to, such as the paper and chemical industry being affected (hemp can be used to make paper and fabric). Cocaine being made illegal was made easy when it was associated with fears that Black men would "ravage" White women if they used it. Fast forward to the 1960s, marijuana being made illegal was used for getting at the hippies. 1980s. Crack and powder cocaine have stiff sentences. However, the amount of crack needed to warrant 5 years in prison was less than the amount of powder cocaine. Blacks who were using cocaine, mostly used crack cocaine.

Personal responsibility is important. There are things many Black Americans can do for themselves to make their own lives better. And that is important to understand. This does not negate any prejudice or discrimination that Black Americans face. I feel like some people only bring up "Blacks need to be held accountable" to get Black Americans to think "it's not so bad" or "whatever I experience, it's not bad at all".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies