Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2022, 11:07 AM

35,802 posts, read 21,187,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Depends on the state and/or district. But, yes, they need panic buttons in classrooms.
It said Broward county. Usually there are aids. My grands and sons went to school in Broward . The kid needs help - something is not right, but if can’t restrain the child -walk away n take the other the kids out of the class. There’s phones in most classrooms. But panic buttons with a response team is doable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2022, 11:20 AM

35,839 posts, read 18,164,828 times
In re-reading, it sounds like the teacher had a seizure. Vomiting and disorientation are common.

I would guess that additional to her seizure, the child punched and kicked her.

Old 03-05-2022, 11:22 AM

20,135 posts, read 16,232,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
In re-reading, it sounds like the teacher had a seizure. Vomiting and disorientation are common.

I would guess that additional to her seizure, the child punched and kicked her.
Or was punched/kicked in the head.

Old 03-05-2022, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Police said in the report, “The incident began when two students in the classroom, 4 and 5 years old, began throwing things around the classroom and at the teachers along with flipping the chairs.”

More faculty got involved, and they split up the students and took the 5-year-old into another room.

As they were trying to get a handle on the situation, 7News was told they heard the teacher who was in the room with the 5-year-old.

The report read, she “advised on the school radio that she needed support.”

When others got there, they found the teacher “sitting on the ground against the wall on the north-side of the room appearing to be in a faint state.”

Officers then “helped hold her up as she was clearly weak and dazed. She then began coughing and dry heaving.”
It is a special needs class and they have had incidents with the two students before.

Old 03-06-2022, 05:50 AM

59,434 posts, read 27,594,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Here where I live a teacher isn’t allowed to restrain a child.
Must be a dem controlled school district!

Old 03-06-2022, 05:52 AM

Quote:
You continue making the same wrong assumption - that all 5-year olds are like the ones you encounter in your life. The teacher can not handle the kid because at this juncture no one can without physically manhandling them or chemical intervention. Here’s what you are missing, if your rule is someone who can’t handle that kind kid doesn’t belong in the classroom, given the rules teachers must operate under, then there is hardly anyone who can be in classrooms.

Exactly, and as is true in most states.
"that all 5-year olds are like the ones you encounter in your life.
With 5 siblings much younger then I was!!!!!!

Old 03-06-2022, 05:55 AM

Quote:
You continue making the same wrong assumption - that all 5-year olds are like the ones you encounter in your life. The teacher can not handle the kid because at this juncture no one can without physically manhandling them or chemical intervention. Here’s what you are missing, if your rule is someone who can’t handle that kind kid doesn’t belong in the classroom, given the rules teachers must operate under, then there is hardly anyone who can be in classrooms.

Exactly, and as is true in most states.
"given the rules teachers must operate under,"

Then they should change the rules!

A teach is SUPPOSED to be able to "handle" the classroom.

It IS part of their job!

There used to be a thing called "discipline".

Old 03-06-2022, 05:57 AM

35,802 posts, read 21,187,521 times
Quote:
It is a special needs class and they have had incidents with the two students before.
That explain it. But nobody is listening. Some of the medicines they give these children sometimes worse.

Old 03-06-2022, 06:21 AM

7,093 posts, read 2,775,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Sorry, if an ADULT teacher CANNOT handle a 5 yer old, they should NOT be in the classroom in the 1st place!
Exactly. ANY teacher should be able to pick a 5 year old up by the scruff of the neck and toss them into a closet.

Old 03-06-2022, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"that all 5-year olds are like the ones you encounter in your life.
With 5 siblings much younger then I was!!!!!!
Right and they all grew up in the same house you. A house where you were most likely nurtured, fed, given a reasonably clean bed to sleep in, read to, kissed, had clean clothes to wear that fit you, spoken to in appropriate language, gotten out of bed to go to school, taken for medical care when needed, bathed, and so forth. More importantly you probably weren’t some adult’s favorite punching bag, your mother probably didn’t take drug while pregnant with you, the adult who supposed to care for you wasn’t high on meth, as a toddler there weren’t drugs laying around as for you to ingest, no one put cigarettes out on you, you didn’t have your bottle laced with alcohol or Benadryl to make you sleep while your mother entertained male friends, your dad probably never gave you to someone for sexual activity to pay off a drug debt, you unlikely witnessed your mother get her throat slit by her boyfriend or beaten every night, or any of the other nightmares some 5 year olds have lived.

You can not assume the behavior every 5 year old will be the same because their lives are not the same. The mere fact that you as an adult are educated enough to communicate coherently on an Internet forum means you are unlikely to even phantom the depths of the hell from which a 5-year old capable of inflicting disabling injury on an adult spawned, let alone the extent of the injury they are capable of causing, unless you work in a profession that requires you interact with these families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies