Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Xoe lying about the US economy?
yes 72 85.71%
no 9 10.71%
maybe 0 0%
it's too complicated for me to say 3 3.57%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2022, 11:11 AM

1,069 posts, read 745,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Everyone I know isn’t happy with the economy, it hurt to fill my car up with gas yesterday and I’m not the only one. Everything is going up, food, toiletries, utilities etc…. I honestly can’t think of one thing positive Biden has done for the country. Some will say at least he isn’t Trump which is a silly reason if the one in office now is hurting the country economically and security which is what Biden is doing.

That "At least he isn't Trump" blurted out by Biden loyalists has gotten old. In the short time the Biteme Cabal has been in office inflation has sky rocketed, the stock market has tanked, there are endless supply chain issues, gasoline, utility and consumer goods prices have risen, many supermarket shelves are bare and the sovereignty of Afghanistan has been destroyed and the democratically elected government of Ukraine is well on it's way to being toppled. I hope some of the 81,283,098 Americans that cast a vote for this dumpster fire administration are having buyer's remorse. This video should be enough to convince anyone that Joe Biden isn't fit to be POTUS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k2UeoY4uyU

Old 03-04-2022, 12:07 PM

10,179 posts, read 11,161,394 times
Pinocchio Biden - Has he ever told the Truth?

The only ones who will say no - are his voters, the very few on here, who always praise him in - every thread. It's Rhetoric.

The Economy sucks. Gas up, Food Prices Up. Everything Is Up. Try buying a used car. High Mileage with 200k on it for Thousands and Thousands and Thousands, Clunkers. Are you F'in insane.

I won't even get into How Dems kept Covid over our Heads. Amazing, how that's not being Talked about Ad Nauseum. Which I'm glad - because, I work in Healthcare and Cases are down, down, down in my facility. Haven't had a case in about a month. Biden, who drops his dirty mask to cough in his filthy hands.

Lie and Deny—The Dems Motto.

Old 03-04-2022, 12:26 PM

24,465 posts, read 17,207,356 times
We all know they are fudging the numbers while highlighting the highs and ignoring the lows.

We are just recovering from an economy stopping pandemic and it is not right that Joe is trying to take credit for job creation. If you lost your job due to the Federal mandates you were unemployed. If you have since been hired back at the old job when they were allowed to reopen is that really a new job? Biden will take it as such.

If we are all making more money due to a higher minimum wage, Joe calls that a WIN for the little guy but he will ignore that everything is costing more due to his inflation.

The economy was chugging right along with Trump at the wheel and on day one Biden signed all those EO's that stopped it and he did so out of spite. Remember that come November.

Old 03-04-2022, 12:48 PM

21,830 posts, read 25,109,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
We all know they are fudging the numbers while highlighting the highs and ignoring the lows.

We are just recovering from an economy stopping pandemic and it is not right that Joe is trying to take credit for job creation. If you lost your job due to the Federal mandates you were unemployed. If you have since been hired back at the old job when they were allowed to reopen is that really a new job? Biden will take it as such.

If we are all making more money due to a higher minimum wage, Joe calls that a WIN for the little guy but he will ignore that everything is costing more due to his inflation.

The economy was chugging right along with Trump at the wheel and on day one Biden signed all those EO's that stopped it and he did so out of spite. Remember that come November.
What federal mandates? There really weren't any, certainly not that shutdown sectors of the economy. Biggest would be in healthcare. Since the government pays for most healtchare in the US they can distort the market there. Not really a mandate, they just had mask/vax requirements for companies that contracted with the government. Kind of a pseudo mandate but at any rate nobody lost their jobs because the government shutdown healthcare. A few voluntarily chose to separate from employment rather than get vaxxed which was an employer requirement. The employer chose to implement that requirement because it's biggest customer is the federal government. It's an argument against having the federal governt having the monopoly power it has in healthcare but they should of course be able to require contractors to be vaxxed. I would say around half the private sector companie I contract with have vax requirements as well. Nothing wrong with them requiring their employees and contractors to be vaxxed.

We certainly had a lot of sectors of the economy shutdown here in California. They were local/state shutdowns though. They had nothing to do with any imaginary federal mandates. Restaurants were shutdown here because of local policies and local policies alone just as they were everywhere else that shutdown restaurants.

Old 03-04-2022, 03:02 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,713,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Bidet lies about everything from graduating at the top of his class to driving an 18 wheeler to being put in jail with Nelson Mandela. Do people not remember why he ended his presidential campaign in 1988?
WAPO, NYT and CNN called Biden out on the Mandela jail claim. WAPO gave it 4 Pinocchios.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...g-see-mandela/

Biden and Trump have consistently demonstrated a knack for misremembering things.

Sincerely hope there are better choices in 2024.

Old 03-04-2022, 03:45 PM

4,653 posts, read 1,948,561 times
Simply ignore what the Government or any pundits tell you. Just go to the store, fill your tank, go look to rent an apartment or buy a house. Are those things better or worse then they were a couple of years ago. Look at how well you are off and instead of bragging think about how those things will effect people less off and what will those people do at some point.

Old 03-04-2022, 04:46 PM

44,621 posts, read 61,584,987 times
Biden had nothing to do with the crisis. He inherited it. The oil companies, OPEC, control the gas situation. The hundreds of cargo shipments sitting off the coastal waters with late shipments are contributing to shortages around the country and inflation. The lazy folk taking the dole and stimulus money from the government and deciding not to go back to work, lazy bast****s. People demanding higher wages contribute to inflation. Plus Trump dumped tons of crap, especially the Afghanistan situation on Bidens administration, contributing to what's wrong with America now.
You lazy bums instead of biatiching what are you doing to help the country, besides being Russian bots.

Old 03-04-2022, 05:16 PM

52,706 posts, read 34,531,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Biden had nothing to do with the crisis. He inherited it. The oil companies, OPEC, control the gas situation. The hundreds of cargo shipments sitting off the coastal waters with late shipments are contributing to shortages around the country and inflation. The lazy folk taking the dole and stimulus money from the government and deciding not to go back to work, lazy bast****s. People demanding higher wages contribute to inflation. Plus Trump dumped tons of crap, especially the Afghanistan situation on Bidens administration, contributing to what's wrong with America now.
You lazy bums instead of biatiching what are you doing to help the country, besides being Russian bots.
he absolutely did. if you weren't too afraid to read the article, you'd know.

instead, you're reduced to blatting inanely about 'russian bots' whenever faced with concepts you don't like.

Old 03-04-2022, 06:01 PM

30,139 posts, read 11,770,405 times
Of course Biden lied in the SOTU address. Of course he took credit improvements in the economy that he had nothing to do with.

As an independent I see through his lies.

However Trump did the same thing. Yes Trump lowered taxes, stream lined regulations etc. But the economy was humming along when Obama left office. Moving in the right direction. Trump kept it going in the right direction. When Trump left they economy was improving from a deep recession. Biden kept it going forward.

At what point does the new POTUS deserve credit for the economy? Who knows. Trump took credit from day one and implied that it tanking when Obama left office. Neither is correct. Its not Trump's fault that the economy tanked due to covid. But it was his responsibility and if his numbers are bad because of it so be it.

Reality is Obama, Trump and now Biden have benefited from near zero interest rates and all the over spending. Some day this house of cards will come crashing down and whoever is in the White House will get all the blame even though its really a multi decade two party issue.

Old 03-04-2022, 06:17 PM

30,408 posts, read 21,222,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by concreteblonde View Post
My energy bill has doubled since Dec. My income has not. His talk about the economy makes me ill. I don't want to imagine how much worse this could become in a few months.
Try years with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies