Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is the status of the 'keystone pipline' (multiple choice!!)
AS per NBC yesterday, 8% completed from the tar sands to texas 3 23.08%
100% completed from the tar sands to texas 4 30.77%
As the name implies, in the 'Keystone' state - PA 1 7.69%
Cancelled because it would go thru indian lands in SD 1 7.69%
Goes thru BOTH ND and SD 9 69.23%
A waste of money because it is non-oparational due to cancelling 4 30.77%
Operational from alberta tar sands to refineries in texas 6 46.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2022, 08:19 AM

10,940 posts, read 4,606,210 times

Advertisements

I was watching some more lefties on the news last night talking about the 'facts' of the 'keystone pipeline' <--their words not mine.

It dawned on me, that like Ukraine, they have no earthly idea where it lies.

So, honor system, no googling allowed! answer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2022, 08:23 AM

1,952 posts, read 833,062 times
I believe it was to run from Canada down to Louisiana.

Old 03-04-2022, 08:30 AM

30,211 posts, read 11,870,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
I was watching some more lefties on the news last night talking about the 'facts' of the 'keystone pipeline' <--their words not mine.

It dawned on me, that like Ukraine, they have no earthly idea where it lies
So, honor system, no googling allowed! answer!
Since you are talking keystone pipeline and are probably referring to the keystone XL pipeline. You appear to be short on facts also. You understand the difference?

My next door neighbor worked on the project. Since it would run right near my house. I am not a lefty by the way.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 03-04-2022 at 09:07 AM..

Old 03-04-2022, 08:33 AM

162 posts, read 108,166 times
I'll be honest. No idea.

Old 03-04-2022, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Since you are talking keystone pipeline and are probably referring to the keystone XL pipeline. You appear to be short on facts also.
absolutely not. I have known the difference, since what, phase 1 completion into nebraska, what, **12** years ago? But I am quoting MOST MSM sources that have shortened the whole name to just 'keystone pipeline' <---their words, not mine.

In this instance, yesterday NBC reporter Peter Alexander said in an interview of Pence CoS, and I quote (time to use quote brackets!)

Quote:
But Marc, you know about the Keystone Pipeline it was only 8% completed when Joe Biden canceled it. So it’s not like that would’ve changed anything. That would have taken years to do it. That oil that the tar sands of Canada still gets into the U.S. in different means of transportation. By trains— just to complete, it goes to refineries doesn't mean it's going to the U.S. necessarily,"

so if the one person who a network tasks to know the facts, gets it wrong, I surmise most if not all opponents do as well.

You still have the edit button available to you, want to reword your response to me?

How long would it take me to search CD on the needed keywords to find people, immortalized for ALL TIME, conflating the two?

yes, my above essentially gives away the correct answers...but lets see if it matters!!!

Old 03-04-2022, 09:12 AM

30,211 posts, read 11,870,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
absolutely not. I have known the difference, since what, phase 1 completion into nebraska, what, **12** years ago? But I am quoting MOST MSM sources that have shortened the whole name to just 'keystone pipeline' <---their words, not mine.!
I see that all the time. They leave off yhe XL. Being that it would have helped my local economy people here all know the difference. I live within walking distance to to the largest strategic oil reserve. 90 million barrels or so here. Maybe not the best place to be if Russia was able to launch missles our way. We would probably be a target.

Old 03-04-2022, 09:16 AM

6,114 posts, read 2,889,675 times
I've seen some people on this forum say that the pipeline is up and running, and the "updates" were what were halted. But, Press Secretary Psaki, yesterday, said it has never been operational.

So, I know the Left is lying to me about it... But, I don't know the true status.

Old 03-04-2022, 09:19 AM

21,981 posts, read 9,565,755 times
Here's a story.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...ssian-imports/

Democrat Policy: Keystone Pipeline Would Have Delivered 830,000 Barrels of Oil a Day to US — More than Current Daily Russian Imports

On his first day in office, Joe Biden killed off 42,100 jobs by ending construction of the Keystone XL Pipeline. The project would have delivered 830,000 barrels of crude to the US every day...

Old 03-04-2022, 09:33 AM

33,592 posts, read 18,213,853 times
The last phase was not completed. Trump was fighting in the courts to complete the last phase. Biden killed it off first day in office.

Old 03-04-2022, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
I've seen some people on this forum say that the pipeline is up and running, and the "updates" were what were halted. But, Press Secretary Psaki, yesterday, said it has never been operational.

So, I know the Left is lying to me about it... But, I don't know the true status.

the keystone pipeline - original phases are up and running and shipping oil. canada, needs a LOT mroe oil shipped to fund social programs and trucker prisons (<---ok I just made that up - sorta)

the XL part means it would run a bit more miles thru the US, pick up some of our oil, be a shortcut, and be extra large in size (the xl part) so it could pass more. It was a win for 2 nations and all of the people therein.

Canada, is not deterred. third time asking: doe we know what KCS, CN, and CP stand for?

(no, not kentucky chicken sauce, cyanide and command post)

Especially after march 2021.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies