Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2022, 07:26 AM

2,445 posts, read 1,078,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I hate that this happened to her. I don't think she should be in prison at all for that. However, I think about this. Given how much Russia has been in the news, and for not so nice reasons, Griner would know how Russia gets down, in terms of jailing people for drugs. Russia isn't much of a free country.
Common sense don’t take drugs in or out of a country. If checked you will go to jail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2022, 11:34 AM

9,950 posts, read 7,328,154 times
You're all presuming that she actually had hash oil in her luggage. What led you to that conclusion?

Old 03-06-2022, 11:37 AM

1,709 posts, read 643,663 times
Pootin better hope that the BLM thugs dont go over to Russia and "peacefully protest" for her release.

Old 03-06-2022, 11:43 AM

24,900 posts, read 9,651,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post
You're all presuming that she actually had hash oil in her luggage. What led you to that conclusion?
The fact that she’s in a Russian jail could have something to do with that.

Countries don’t joke around when it comes to drugs. I just hope she has enough bribe money.

Old 03-06-2022, 11:43 AM

102,346 posts, read 108,621,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Assuming she had that and this is not some game Russia is playing by detaining americans on fake charges.
This. We haven't heard from her as to whether the charges were legit. But hashish oil isn't something police or other authorities usually plant, if they're trying to incriminate someone.

Russia interrogates everyone entering the country about whether they're carrying drugs. They x-ray all luggage. I haven't seen them search anyone's luggage, but they could. Canadian Customs & Immigration does, checking for drugs at the points of entry from the US, and I assume--elsewhere. They really scrutinize everything, if for whatever reason they decide to search someone's stuff or car. It can be a random thing.

I don't understand this matter of people not being able to travel without their drug of choice, as if they can't live without it. It's really dumb to take any form of illicit drug across an internetional border.

Old 03-06-2022, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
The fact that she’s in a Russian jail could have something to do with that.

Countries don’t joke around when it comes to drugs. I just hope she has enough bribe money.
I wouldn't expect the US Embassy to help her in the case of drug charges, either.

Old 03-06-2022, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteVirtue View Post
Pootin better hope that the BLM thugs dont go over to Russia and "peacefully protest" for her release.
You think he/they don't know how to deal with people like that?

Do you think they'd be intimidated by that? And don't forget; the would-be protesters would have to get visas to get into the country, first. That's not something that can be taken for granted.

Old 03-06-2022, 11:57 AM

1,924 posts, read 886,975 times
if she had drugs on her, she deserves twenty years

Old 03-06-2022, 12:01 PM

13,771 posts, read 4,417,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Here we go. Now Russia is going to take Americans as hostages. Why would she be in Russia right now?

Brittney Griner Detained By Russian Authorities on Drug Transportation Charges

Crack is whack. Like We don't arrest people for drugs especially transporting illegal drugs in commercial flights. I guess the criminals in our prisons are hostages by our government.

Old 03-06-2022, 12:06 PM

1,709 posts, read 643,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You think he/they don't know how to deal with people like that?

Do you think they'd be intimidated by that? And don't forget; the would-be protesters would have to get visas to get into the country, first. That's not something that can be taken for granted.
Yeah, I wasnt being serious. Pootin' and his goons would destroy them. I kind of wish it would happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies