Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2022, 03:24 PM

33,334 posts, read 12,653,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" I don't think she should be in prison at all for that."

Of course you DON'T. She is black.

You break a law, you suffer the consequences.

But you don't think blacks should!

Typical!
Wow.

Do you think we white people always side with other white people over other races ?

If not, why not ?

That's the standard you're applying to Green Mariner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2022, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Are you aware that married people cheat? Especially when one is overseas surrounded by women?
1. You didn't answer the question (which could indicate that you didn't know).

2. Why would cheating be a go to thing that you would think about ? Do you have any information from her past that would point to that ?

Old 03-07-2022, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
I read all about why she says she feels that way. And it doesn't explain it. So they don't play the anthem at Walmart or a restaurant? There's no logical reason for one to have such a strong stance on something so trivial unless it violates their core values. Or maybe it's just an unwritten requirement that a celebrity these days has to have something to take a stand against and sound off about.
You didn't read very carefully, Griner didn't make the comment about Walmart, her teammate Brianna Turner did.

Old 03-07-2022, 03:49 PM

10,591 posts, read 4,120,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Great, now we get to hear about this nitwit 24/7.

She’s black, gay, who knows what else, so of course the liberal media is going to be falling all over themselves trying to condemn Russia even further.

If I was Russia, I would let her go immediately. She’s not worth the trouble. Make up some story that we tested them and there were no illicit drugs, and just be done with him/her, not sure what this nitwit’s pronoun is. Quietly ban him/her from ever setting foot in Russia ever again, and move on.

But of course, you just know the Russians won’t do that. They always make poor decisions.
Or this could be all fake. She could be in France or Germany for all we know and decided to play a part in trying to get the US to go to war. I don't believe anything from the media or anything from a liberal, especially one that is a trophy like this one. You can thank Jussie Smollett for that one.

Old 03-07-2022, 05:15 PM

23,176 posts, read 12,299,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
You didn't read very carefully, Griner didn't make the comment about Walmart, her teammate Brianna Turner did.

They share the same sentiments. Why don't you just tell us about the poor baby's viewpoints?

Old 03-09-2022, 06:01 AM

59,428 posts, read 27,577,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
It was relevant because people here were acting like playing basketball overseas was somehow a novel idea or something that could be seen as unpatriotic.

You might need to take a break if a discussion adding context bothers you enough to cry out Considering this happened 3 weeks ago (really 4 weeks now), 2 weeks before the invasion of Ukraine, and Russia did not bother to report until after the invasion and sanctions, you are likely playing into the Russian propaganda game.
"It was relevant"

Sorry, I don't agree.

Old 03-09-2022, 06:06 AM

78,771 posts, read 60,983,135 times
*shrug* don't take drugs to foreign countries, especially not ones where we are having a beef with them and they're looking for any excuse.

Hard to know if she was just super stupid or figured on general entitlement to get away with *whatever*.

Old 03-09-2022, 06:09 AM

9,528 posts, read 5,322,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
a pre-madonna that gets high all the time that wants attention. Well, she got it.
primadonna
I know....no spelling police....I couldn't help it. Apologies

Old 03-09-2022, 06:48 AM

8,296 posts, read 8,706,883 times
She is too young to remember the Hal Holbrooke commercials. "If you get caught with drugs over there you are in for the hassle of your life."

Old 03-28-2022, 01:13 PM

52,985 posts, read 34,824,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
“I honestly feel we should not play the national anthem during our season,” Griner, a six-time WNBA All-Star and the 2019 runner-up MVP, told reporters during a video conference call.

I wonder if she wishes she was hearing that national anthem right about now?
something to ponder, indeed...

Brittney Griner says she will protest during the national anthem all season
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies