Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2022, 08:49 AM

30,171 posts, read 11,809,456 times

Advertisements

Here we go. Now Russia is going to take Americans as hostages. Why would she be in Russia right now?

Brittney Griner Detained By Russian Authorities on Drug Transportation Charges
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2022, 08:52 AM

19,814 posts, read 9,371,980 times
One almost always pays a price for stupidity. From the OP link:

"WNBA star Brittney Griner was reportedly detained by the Russian Federal Customs Service at Sheremetyevo International Airport in Moscow after vape cartridges containing hashish oil were allegedly found in her luggage."

She won't get any sympathy from me.

Old 03-05-2022, 08:54 AM

30,171 posts, read 11,809,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
One almost always pays a price for stupidity. From the OP link:

"WNBA star Brittney Griner was reportedly detained by the Russian Federal Customs Service at Sheremetyevo International Airport in Moscow after vape cartridges containing hashish oil were allegedly found in her luggage."

She won't get any sympathy from me.

Assuming she had that and this is not some game Russia is playing by detaining americans on fake charges.

Old 03-05-2022, 08:56 AM

25,770 posts, read 18,826,754 times
Gee, Russia is a great place to be for an American to be right now, vape oil or not.

Old 03-05-2022, 09:02 AM

15,534 posts, read 10,507,413 times
What an idiot, some countries have strict drug laws. Dump them before you fly, gift them to a friend. I guess she was super concerned that she'd land someplace and not have immediate access to her pot. Psychological addiction.

Old 03-05-2022, 09:25 AM

6,127 posts, read 3,351,401 times
Great, now we get to hear about this nitwit 24/7.

She’s black, gay, who knows what else, so of course the liberal media is going to be falling all over themselves trying to condemn Russia even further.

If I was Russia, I would let her go immediately. She’s not worth the trouble. Make up some story that we tested them and there were no illicit drugs, and just be done with him/her, not sure what this nitwit’s pronoun is. Quietly ban him/her from ever setting foot in Russia ever again, and move on.

But of course, you just know the Russians won’t do that. They always make poor decisions.

Old 03-05-2022, 09:43 AM

30,379 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Here we go. Now Russia is going to take Americans as hostages. Why would she be in Russia right now?

Brittney Griner Detained By Russian Authorities on Drug Transportation Charges
I worked on a project in Russia for a while, sure glad I'm not there now. I'm sure they could find something that I allegedly did that was wrong.

Old 03-05-2022, 09:44 AM

30,379 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Great, now we get to hear about this nitwit 24/7.

She’s black, gay, who knows what else, so of course the liberal media is going to be falling all over themselves trying to condemn Russia even further.

If I was Russia, I would let her go immediately. She’s not worth the trouble. Make up some story that we tested them and there were no illicit drugs, and just be done with him/her, not sure what this nitwit’s pronoun is. Quietly ban him/her from ever setting foot in Russia ever again, and move on.

But of course, you just know the Russians won’t do that. They always make poor decisions.
Great post. all Pootin-annie would have to do to win over the Twitternazis and Google authoritarians is to say that he promoted a transexual to head up the military....they would be cheering for Russia then.

Old 03-05-2022, 09:55 AM

24,643 posts, read 9,468,698 times
I don't blame her for being in Russia, I'm sure she had plenty of nice Russian "female friends" and was making honest money.

But you have to be as dumb as a box of rocks to commit ANY drug crimes overseas. And yes, I've seen folks do drugs overseas in tourist locations, in illegal countries, and it boggles my mind.

Old 03-05-2022, 10:01 AM

39,077 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Anyone who believes the drug line after all the lies and criminal behavior of the Russians, they are about as dumb as it comes.
The reality Putin is taking Americans hostages. He already has done this before with at least two innocent Americans being held in forced labor camps.

This needs to be a warning to all Americans in Russia to get the hell out of there ASAP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies