Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2022, 11:26 AM

7,817 posts, read 2,923,777 times

Advertisements

Nothing to see here. Just another day, just another Far Left Political Indoctrination movement being foisted on kids at the tax payer's expense.

Quote:
A teacher in the Howard County Public School District spoke out about an assignment and a lesson plan students brought to his attention that contained Black Panther symbols, claims that the U.S. government is “abducting” migrant children and cartoons of cops being thrown in a trash can, according to a report from Families Unite Howard County.

One lesson plan, which Shaw referred to as a “travesty,” showed a collage from a Spanish class with what it called “Social Movements of Racial Justice and Social Justice” and “Resistance or Power.” The graphic depicts Black Panther and Black Lives Matter symbols and a cartoon of police, ICE and border patrol agents being thrown in the trash, along with the statement “the U.S. government is abducting migrant children and locking them in cages.”

The English class assignment showed a flow chart about “Cultural Appropriation” created by freshfeminism.tumblr.com. One part of the chart asks, “Do I have white privilege?” and determines that a student is culturally appropriating if they “do not fully understand if or understand what privilege abuse is.”
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/03...trash-1208779/

It seems as if this excrement just keeps rearing its ugly head no matter how much wack-a-mole is exercised to root it out.

We need a total top-down house cleaning of our public education system.

Last edited by RhodyRepub; 03-05-2022 at 11:38 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2022, 11:51 AM

21,380 posts, read 8,007,626 times
Cue the posters who will claim that they know for a fact this is not happening.

Because the MSM told them it's not happening.

So it's not happening.

A friend's teen took the PSAT and the essays were about BLM.

It's happening.

Old 03-05-2022, 11:52 AM

21,380 posts, read 8,007,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
Nothing to see here. Just another day, just another Far Left Political Indoctrination movement being foisted on kids at the tax payer's expense.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/03...trash-1208779/

It seems as if this excrement just keeps rearing its ugly head no matter how much wack-a-mole is exercised to root it out.

We need a total top-down house cleaning of our public education system.
Homeschool.

Get the kids out.

And any parent that thinks they are too dumb to teach their own kid k-8 curricula has their own poor public school education to blame. They can thank the public school for making them too dumb to teach their own kids.

Old 03-05-2022, 11:55 AM

27,768 posts, read 16,285,340 times
John lewis would be be proud. For realz. He's a hero n stuff from the state.

Old 03-05-2022, 12:34 PM

5,193 posts, read 4,988,608 times
The sad is that the Howard County schoold system is regarded as one of the better schools in Maryland. I have several friends, who are conservative themselves, who moved there largely due to the schools.

Old 03-05-2022, 12:47 PM

16,602 posts, read 10,767,134 times
I live in Howard County. My son is in public school here, while my daughter is in a private school. Either I've done my job well or I just got lucky, but my son is a staunch conservative who, if he saw these assignments (and I don't know if he has or not) would laugh at them and mock them. Yes, the school system here is considered one of the best there is. But I must admit, I'm not always impressed by it. I'm definitely noticing a leftward drift, even within just the past few years.

Old 03-05-2022, 12:52 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,923,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
The sad is that the Howard County schoold system is regarded as one of the better schools in Maryland. I have several friends, who are conservative themselves, who moved there largely due to the schools.

That is scary, but sadly, not altogether surprising.

This dogma is often perpetrated in upper middle class areas with well functioning schools.

I guess the Commies figure you strike your enemy where they are strongest.

After all, most of the bad schools - at least in urban areas - are already run by Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies