Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2008, 02:06 PM
BVH BVH started this thread

944 posts, read 606,036 times

Advertisements

Democracy Now! | Examining Clinton & Obama's Stances on the Subprime Mortgage Crisis, Universal Healthcare, Privatizing Social Security and Nuclear Energy

I hear this being spouted by his supporters as well. The problem is, Obama's plan mandates coverage for Children. Therefore, it contains the dreaded "mandates" as well. Before you begin the attacks on me, bear in mind I am in favor of Hillary's plan which is TRULY Universal and includes coverage for both children AND their parents. Despite Obama's recent false claims to the contrary that his is Universal, it isn't. Conservative estimates say his plan leaves out a minimum of 15 Million Americans.

JUAN GONZALEZ: Well, I’d like to ask you, in terms of the mandates issue, because obviously both Krugman, in his various articles, and Clinton have claimed, on the one hand, that Obama does have mandates—he has mandates for coverage of all children—so that the mandates issue is not a principled issue, it’s a tactical issue as to what you think could be approved. Your sense of that?

I was directed to this article/webcast by a very left-wing friend of mine who was previously in support of Obama until he saw this. Max Fraser, author of "Subprime Obama" also calls Obama's Mortgage crisis solution "insignificant":

"his plan actually really most relies on a pretty insignificant tax credit, which comes out to about $500 on average for homeowners, which might make a difference for those who are just barely falling behind, but not for those who are falling further and further behind. "

If Obama gets the Obamanation, the United States will be in further crisis than it already is. He is not ready to steer one of the world's biggest economies nor is he ready lead as Commander-in-chief. Not on day 1 nor day 10001.

Hillary Clinton for President in 2008.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections