Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2022, 03:46 PM

7,681 posts, read 5,530,949 times

Advertisements

India's wheat exports set to surge amid Black Sea supply uncertainty
Quote:
After five consecutive record crops, India is struggling with mammoth wheat inventories and both the government and private traders are keen to capitalise on any opportunity to sell the grain on the world market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2022, 04:56 PM

30,436 posts, read 21,271,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Joe Biden started the war in Ukraine? I was unaware of that. Can you elaborate?
Anything that goes wrong is Joe fault walt. This BS is on his watch jess. It is not just bread but everything is going down the terlet.

Old 03-05-2022, 05:00 PM

12,040 posts, read 6,572,819 times
Gluten free products main gain popularity — no wheat needed.

Old 03-05-2022, 05:04 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,659,254 times
This could actually help with the obesity epidemic in America and make us healthier!

Old 03-05-2022, 06:01 PM

25,758 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
This could actually help with the obesity epidemic in America and make us healthier!

Wheat doesn't make you fat. Too many calories makes you fat. Doesn't matter if it's too many grains calories, too many meats calories, too many dairy calories, or too many vegetable calories. Too many sugar calories.

The war on carbs is just the flavor or the year thing. Few years back it was a war on meats. Then we had a war on eggs. A war on milk. At one time or another, EVERY food has been blamed on obesity, besides maybe lettuce. That's the nature of "big foods" trying to make a buck with a new fad diet. And it's so simple. Just cut back on calories if the belt is getting tight. Other than that, eat what you like to eat. Life's too short to eat stuff somebody tells you to eat and you hate.

Old 03-06-2022, 06:01 AM

92 posts, read 27,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Wheat doesn't make you fat. Too many calories makes you fat. Doesn't matter if it's too many grains calories, too many meats calories, too many dairy calories, or too many vegetable calories. Too many sugar calories.

The war on carbs is just the flavor or the year thing. Few years back it was a war on meats. Then we had a war on eggs. A war on milk. At one time or another, EVERY food has been blamed on obesity, besides maybe lettuce. That's the nature of "big foods" trying to make a buck with a new fad diet. And it's so simple. Just cut back on calories if the belt is getting tight. Other than that, eat what you like to eat. Life's too short to eat stuff somebody tells you to eat and you hate.
YES! Remember when “fat” made you “fat” and it was taken away? These fads are ridiculous. I have to say that our overall quality of food has gone downhill in my lifetime, for sure, but I was thinking about my parents and grandparents: they cooked/ate three hearty meals a day. I’m talking gravy, bread, bacon, eggs, fried chicken, sweet tea, and dessert EVERY night. None of them were overweight and all lived to be at least 80.
I feel this was more due to the fact that they moved from dawn to dusk on their farms. We have become so sedentary- and I mean in a work-way. Going to yoga class and walking your daily “steps”’ is great, but it’s not the same as the way they used their bodies all day, every day.

Old 05-13-2022, 12:38 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
that's good, because this growing season is not looking good for india.

Heat wave scorches India’s wheat crop, snags export plans

India Mulls Wheat Export Curbs in Latest Food Supply Squeeze
Quote:
India is considering restricting wheat exports as severe heat waves have damaged crops, exacerbating tight global supplies after the war in Ukraine sent food inflation soaring.
..and not much better for many US producers

Quote:
About 59% of Texas winter wheat was deemed very poor last week, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Just 29% of the crop was rated highly across 18 U.S. states, down from 49% for the same period a year ago.

In Kansas, the biggest U.S. grower of hard red winter wheat, farmers are grappling with what some say is the driest season they’ve ever witnessed. The bulk of southwest Kansas has gone almost 300 days without an inch of precipitation, according to the Kansas Wheat Commission.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...rought-paddles

Old 05-13-2022, 03:26 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,177,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
With a substantial portion of global wheat production (Russia and Ukraine) now effectively crippled, wheat prices just reached an all time high, with every indication of going much, much higher. Look for all your grain based products to be far higher in price in the next 2-3 months, and expect to see massive "bread riots" all around the world in the coming months.
Russia reported record crop of wheat this year, fwiw.

Old 05-13-2022, 05:29 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,984,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I'm one of those loony food storage people. I have around a dozen big buckets of various types of wheat. Maybe I should start thinking of them as investments... screw bitcoin.
...you're right on point...ever try to make a sandwich using bitcoin?..

Old 05-13-2022, 05:47 PM

5,044 posts, read 2,400,470 times
I personally eat beyond bread which is made from cows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies