Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2022, 07:35 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
This is a slippery slope towards abstinence only sex ed. They will raise the age from 8 to 12, and then to 16. Then add an exception for abstinence only. Ultimately it is regressive.
No, it's scaling back the insanity. We all basically allowed for to sex-ed in HS and/or middle school but then progressives pushed gender and sexuality ed right, and then kept pushing on down to 5 yr olds. Now THAT was a slipperly slope!

Last edited by Ceece; 03-13-2022 at 08:31 PM..

Old 03-13-2022, 07:42 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,309,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
So this has what to do with limiting sex education, including all its aspects ( sexual orientation, gender dysphoria, etc), to the very youngest school children ( ages 5-8), and ensuring that parents have the knowledge, and input about what is presented to their children in schools?

Just how is DeSantis or the Florida legislature taking a stand against the LGBTQ community in legislating age-appropriate learning to young children?
but...but...

While folks like ClaraC are considering this a revolutionary movement of "moral" vs "mean", she and her ilk forget that even in uber-progressive strongholds like Loudon County VA and San Francisco, parents of all stripes have drawn a line.

Old 03-13-2022, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
There is ONE PHRASE in that very long piece of legislation that says primary kids shouldn't have sex education.

ONE PHRASE.

That's not what this fight is about.

Disney didn't call DeSantis and say hey, we want kids to have sex education in kindergarten.

This is bigger. Maybe read this thread? Or a longer article about this situation?

This is about silencing teens, and silencing teachers and staff, and leaving them afraid to reach out in support of a possibly gay/transgender/struggling teen.
still has not read the bill.

Old 03-13-2022, 07:46 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,634 posts, read 17,975,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Really? Name 10 off the top of your head. Name the ones used most in the classroom.

What's the flag for single moms?

Is there a symbol for single moms?

Which week is single mom pride week?

When does the single mom alliance club meet?

Your posts are ridiculous. Your viewpoint is so anti-children it's unbelievable.
Off the top of my head?

Single moms are featured in I Love You Forever, GoodNight Moon, Invisible String, Are You My Mother, Jack and the Beanstalk, and other innumerable classic children's stories.

You have no idea, as I've said before, what I do for children, and children's literacy.

I toyed with sending you a private message of who I am, but then, no. Suffice it say I am involved with children, and children's literacy.

But what's the point.

Old 03-13-2022, 07:46 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
There was in the 70's when divorce was at all time highs.

Where were you.

This is no different than explaining to children of nuclear families why some kids come from homes with divorced parents.

You are way behind the times and apparently intent on staying there.

Kids need to have reality explained to them in simple age appropriate terms they can understand. No parent who cares about their children wants them leaving public schools unprepared for the realities of the world.
Were single moms .3% of the population?

You are way in the front pushing sexualization of children.

Parents who care don't depend on the school to prepare them for the realities of the world. That's the parents job. Not the schools. And teaching kids about anal sex is not "preparing them for the realities of the world."

What "reality of the world" does a 5 year old need? To be able to name 58 genders and point to where TGs have certain parts removed?

Or do they need to learn to read and add 1+2=3? No need to answer, I know where your viewpoint is.

Old 03-13-2022, 08:05 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,635,195 times
Quote:
Off the top of my head?

Single moms are featured in I Love You Forever, GoodNight Moon, Invisible String, Are You My Mother, Jack and the Beanstalk, and other innumerable classic children's stories.

You have no idea, as I've said before, what I do for children, and children's literacy.

I toyed with sending you a private message of who I am, but then, no. Suffice it say I am involved with children, and children's literacy.

But what's the point.
Where in the world did you get that single moms are featured in Goodnight Moon? I've read that book countless times when my kids were younger, and I read it again just now to make sure. There is absolutely no mention of parents, single or otherwise, in this story. If you are involved with children's literacy, you might want to better familiarize yourself with your reading material.

Old 03-13-2022, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Or why there isn't a major push for single mom literature and discussions. Since more kids are affected by that then by LGBTQ parents.

But, then, again. It's not about helping the children. Never has been.

It's about pushing the sex agenda to children, with LGBTQ as the toehold into the schools.
What?

You don't think this is about all of society affirming goodness for the 1 in 70 whose parents aren't able to articulately explain their individual family situation at home?

That gay families can't simply screw their courage to the wall and explain to the children what homosexuality is and why it's normal, when they live it every day?

Old 03-13-2022, 08:20 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
We have nuclear families and Disney that likes to nuke families.

Disney had jumped the shark and is past it's prime, time to go.

Old 03-13-2022, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Where in the world did you get that single moms are featured in Goodnight Moon? I've read that book countless times when my kids were younger, and I read it again just now to make sure. There is absolutely no mention of parents, single or otherwise, in this story. If you are involved with children's literacy, you might want to better familiarize yourself with your reading material.
I am completely laughing at this assertion...but at least we know it exists and there's a certain number of folks who promulgate it.

And "Are you my Mother?" is also supposedly about a single mom?

The progressives of our country will move the goalposts, change the issue, and say ANYTHING to get people to support extremely small %'s of people as "completely normal and EQUAL!!"

They want to try and convince people that "those evil Republicans will take us back to the 1950's and outlaw Blacks, gays, and put women back in the kitchen barefoot and pregnant if you let them!1!!"

Old 03-13-2022, 09:04 PM

19,807 posts, read 9,367,244 times
Quote:
Off the top of my head?

But what's the point.
Goodnight Moon? REALLY?

Btw, I did research that and found nothing about that aspect of Goodnight Moon -- but I did find a very interesting article about its author. https://nypost.com/2017/01/07/goodni...ho-hated-kids/

Last edited by katharsis; 03-13-2022 at 09:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies