Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2022, 07:43 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
The love of Floridians for Disney is greatly overestimated by non Floridians. Those of us who live here have a love/hate relationship with the Mouse House. Yeah, we like the revenue, but quite frankly all the tourism causes all sorts of problems for the locals. Price gouging, insane property values, traffic jams, higher crime, the list goes on. Very few Floridians give a rodent’s rectum what Disney thinks of legislation.
Very true.

Most FL-ers think tourists who spend thousands of dollars to stand on lines in 90 degree weather are insane. All so they can tell their friends they "went to Disney." It's a very junior high/middle school mentality.

Old 03-16-2022, 07:46 AM

2,284 posts, read 637,003 times
I live in Florida (Miami) and have been to DisneyWorld once back in 2021. I cannot remember the last time before, it's been years. It's quite frankly overrated. Good for the kids I guess, but absolutely mind numbing for parents.

Also, while Miami was maskless then (January 2021) the Nazis at Disney forced everyone to wear a mask outside, and even scolded me for walking around drinking (telling me if you drink you need to be stationary).

It's also highly depressing, every other individual has the circumference of a bus.

Gift shops on every corner. As if your kids need all that junk.

Old 03-16-2022, 08:07 AM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
I live in Florida (Miami) and have been to DisneyWorld once back in 2021. I cannot remember the last time before, it's been years. It's quite frankly overrated. Good for the kids I guess, but absolutely mind numbing for parents.

Also, while Miami was maskless then (January 2021) the Nazis at Disney forced everyone to wear a mask outside, and even scolded me for walking around drinking (telling me if you drink you need to be stationary).

It's also highly depressing, every other individual has the circumference of a bus.

Gift shops on every corner. As if your kids need all that junk.
Well it’s not just Disney that has 50% fat people. I’m afraid that’s the entire country. It explains why we had so many COVID deaths. Unfortunately our public health “experts” never explained the importance of losing weight and healthy living. Instead they focused on useless draconian mitigation measures like masks and staying inside not exercising or working. All because of politics, and the exact opposite of what should have been recommended if they were actually interested in saving lives.

Old 03-16-2022, 08:13 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
There is no evidence it is being brought up.

This is a law seeking to solve a problem that does not exist.

The only purpose of this law is to use children to win elections.

Shame on Republicans.
well, this did happen with an elementary school in FL ...

https://www.outkick.com/florida-teac...-a-field-trip/

Old 03-16-2022, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
When they're openly opposed to what protects children and delegitimizes the rights of parent... then yes. If it's war they want, it's war they'll get.

Out of curiosity... do you have/had any children in the Florida school system?
this happened with a Florida 6th grader, labeled as an elementary school student

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/r...der-transition

Old 03-16-2022, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Some here are just bootlickers that have no skin in the game. No kids or grands that even go to school in Fl. They just go with what their party says and defend their actions to the teeth. DiSantis is passing laws on “fears” that this or that may happen. Now his new rule about testing differently. All to make it look like a better plan, when in fact it’s worse for kids and teachers. He talks in circles. He is putting on a show for his pastor, his wife or his right wing constituents on some morality kick. His kids do not even attend public schools.
He is making headlines and his message is “suppression” The LBGTQ need to push back and keep the courts involved until it undo his mess.
but you don't have kids in FL public schools either, do you? Yes, you have grandkids...but are you their guardian? Do they live with you?

I do have a child (I have 2, one is in college now) in public school in a southern state. Thankfully, she's old enough that "wokeness" didn't even exist her elementary years. But it certainly started cranking up in middle school (when Trump was elected)

Old 03-16-2022, 12:08 PM

9,094 posts, read 6,317,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
mickey's been replaced. say hello to wokie mouse.

...or mouse turd.

Old 03-16-2022, 12:08 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
this happened with a Florida 6th grader, labeled as an elementary school student

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/r...der-transition
This is EXACTLY the kind of thing many people are afraid of, even though we have been assured that these cases are "outliers" or "aberrations" or "don't actually happen".

Parents should just shut up and mind their own business.*

*Of course, I am being sarcastic with the above sentence.

Old 03-16-2022, 12:17 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Default Disney Workers Plan Walkout Over "Don't Say Gay" Bill

I think this is over the top, but then everything is these days:

https://wgntv.com/news/disney-worker...-say-gay-bill/

"The bill bars instruction on “sexual orientation or gender identity” in kindergarten through grade 3. Republican lawmakers pushing the legislation had argued that parents, not teachers, should be the ones talking to their children about gender issues during their early formative years. The legislation has attracted scrutiny from President Joe Biden, who called it “hateful,” as well as other Democrats who argue it demonizes LGBTQ people."

Why do children 5 to 8 years old need to learn about "sexual orientation" in the first place? The only reason I could see, and some won't like what I am going to say, is that the motto of that gay male group (NAMBLA) was "Sex before 8 or it is too late." Well, the age range does match up! (https://www.wadeburleson.org/2021/07...te-nambla.html)

They are throwing a fit and expecting their employer, who has been highly supportive of gay rights/employment,because the employer/Disney won't try to stop FL from enacting the bill. Disney needs to walk a fine line here considering the number of children and parents that visit Disney.

Old 03-16-2022, 12:19 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
These employees have the right, as private citizens, to share their views with their elected officials. Companies should stay out of it and focus on providing a good return on shareholder investment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies