Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2022, 04:33 PM

45,777 posts, read 27,424,918 times

Advertisements

Teachers overstepping common decency and mental stability...

Parents angered by segregation experiment at local elementary school

Children at a local elementary school segregated by the color of their hair. The children in one group told they're not as smart as the others. It was supposed to be a lesson on racism, but some parents are furious neither they, nor their kids, were told about it ahead of time.

Mike and Brandi Lininger say their ten-year-old daughter was confused and hurt by a classroom experiment in January at Leon Springs Elementary. Students were separated according to hair color, with one group receiving preferential treatment.

“All of the dark-haired kids, the brown- and black-haired kids, were treated as the privileged ones and the blonde haired and the redhead kids were the ones treated not so nicely," said Brandi Lininger.

The Lininger's say teachers told students children in the fair-haired group were not as intelligent. That group was purposely given a game with pieces missing so they could not play. Later they were made to clean up after the other children.

WTH ??

Fifth graders were also shown a Spike Lee documentary called "4 Little Girls" about the 1963 bombing of an Alabama church. The film includes graphic autopsy photos of the girls' bodies.

Double WTH ??

Why can't we simply teach equitable treatment to all races?

Why can't teachers model the behavior they want their students to emulate?

Instead - they choose to traumatize children to make their point. Great - we will put out more flawed adults once these teachers have their way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2022, 04:37 PM

45,777 posts, read 27,424,918 times
This rotgut has been circulating around the country.

THE GHOST OF JIM CROW

This year, the new segregation has extended itself into new domains: public education and public-health policy. In Denver, Centennial Elementary School launched a racially exclusive “Families of Color Playground Night” as part of its racial equity programming. In Chicago, Downers Grove South High School held a racially exclusive “Students of Color Field Trip” as part of its own equity initiatives. In the words of Denver Public Schools officials, the administrators implemented the segregated program to “create a space of belonging,” which, they said, without a hint of irony, is “about uniting us, not dividing us.”

The most common justification for the new segregation is that racial minorities suffer disparities that must be rectified through “positive” discrimination, which is presented as a solution for America’s historical racism. In practice, however, these policies often descend into illogic, cruelty, and malice. Minnesota’s recently rescinded criteria, for example, would have prioritized Covid treatment for a healthy 18-year-old black female over a 64-year-old white male with hypertension, who, given the totality of circumstances, faces a much greater risk of serious illness and death. The new politics of race supplants the old science of medicine, with potentially catastrophic consequences for disfavored racial groups.

Old 03-14-2022, 04:47 PM

24,690 posts, read 17,427,197 times
Why can't kids just learn about racism in History and Social Studies? Kids of a certain age, probably in Middle School but not younger, should learn that at one time in America there were slaves and then decades of oppression, segregation and discrimination that followed but every single day we are getting better and moving away from those dark times.

Instead of dwelling on the past as CRT demands we do and making the white kids feel ashamed for themselves why can't we all marvel at how far we have come?

The story of those "4 little girls" is powerful and the lessons from that time should be taught but they can skip the autopsy parts.

Why do they feel the need to go through these dumb exercises in the classroom? The Democrats are behind it and they like people to feel miserable.

Old 03-14-2022, 04:49 PM

43,533 posts, read 18,601,835 times
Start them early on detecting "racism" in everything.
Now they can chant it all the way to adulthood without really knowing what it means.

Old 03-14-2022, 04:51 PM

4,053 posts, read 2,741,902 times
Ummmm.....this is not exactly new. I saw it back in the 80's (only they based it off eye color instead.)

Old 03-14-2022, 04:58 PM

7,179 posts, read 4,774,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
Ummmm.....this is not exactly new. I saw it back in the 80's (only they based it off eye color instead.)
So are you saying that kids in your class were segregated by eye color? And the lighter the eye color, the less intelligent? What are you saying? Were your kids involved in this sort of segregationist technique? I sure don't have a memory of anything like this previously. More info, please.

Old 03-14-2022, 05:02 PM

4,053 posts, read 2,741,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
So are you saying that kids in your class were segregated by eye color? And the lighter the eye color, the less intelligent? What are you saying? Were your kids involved in this sort of segregationist technique? I sure don't have a memory of anything like this previously. More info, please.
*shrug* I just remember that my sixth-grade teacher separated us by blue eyes and brown eyes, with the brown eyed kids being favored one day, then the blue eyed kids the next. It was a two-day experiment during a section of social studies that dealt with the Civil Rights movement. I don't think any of the parents squawked about it. We had a discussion about how we felt each of those days, and how it could apply to race overall.

Old 03-14-2022, 05:04 PM

26,132 posts, read 19,087,034 times
Another "teacher" who needs to be incarcerated and prevented from teaching for life.

Old 03-14-2022, 05:06 PM

26,096 posts, read 22,290,891 times
Well, that would have been my child's last day at that school, I would have been in front of the school board at the next meeting, and I would have called the state board of education.

This is no kind of lesson at all. And, I don't actually get all of this "racism" stuff in the first place. I went to school in Cass County, MI (Underground Railroad stop off), and we studied about slavery. One third of the students I attended school with were black. This was a rural community, and whites and blacks were pretty much the same as the economics , education and employment amounted to that - the same.

Would some sort of lesson making any of us feel "less than" helped us learn about "racism"? I don't see how. I think so much of "racism" isn't about "race", but about economic and social status. I lived in a few southern states, plus KS and learned about the ignorance that is "racism", but still, it isn't something that you can teach away or not. They should teach OUR history, although I know some want that to go away, but so much is learned from history.

I have no use for racists, and consider them among the lowest creatures on the face of the earth. I encounter them here at C-D, but dividing them up and making one group feel bad about themselves would not be the answer.

Racism is about hate fueled by ignorance. This "experiment" in the classroom is just more of the garbage that is being introduced into the classrooms. Homeschool!

Old 03-14-2022, 05:09 PM

42,032 posts, read 75,463,531 times
Now those kids know what it's like to be judged on their appearances. The follow-up is crucial, though, and if the kids were upset the teacher may not have made the lessons clear.

Although perhaps 10-year-olds are a little young to be learning harsh social realities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies