Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2022, 05:55 PM

4,036 posts, read 2,723,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Oh were you part of that PBS documentary ?
No. But I'm guessing my teacher must've been inspired by it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2022, 05:56 PM

21,487 posts, read 10,598,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
Ummmm.....this is not exactly new. I saw it back in the 80's (only they based it off eye color instead.)
Gee, I wonder if they were 10-year olds or high school age? Either way the lesson went way too far.

Old 03-14-2022, 06:10 PM

37,152 posts, read 42,260,441 times
The biggest problem with these "exercises" or "experiments" is the people administering them. I swear, teachers may have degrees and subject credentials but they shouldn't be using kids to prove points because they can't predict how any individual child will react to it.

I understand that some pretty interesting experiments have been done in the past (ie: The Third Wave, etc.) but we don't know the long lasting effects it had on anyone involved. And some teachers are AWFUL and can do a lot of damage. It's entirely unwarranted IMO.

Old 03-14-2022, 06:10 PM

1,250 posts, read 681,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
You sound thoroughly propagandized. Try thinking and wondering a bit more.
Your buzzword is so cute and clever . . . lol

Old 03-14-2022, 06:11 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,603,975 times
when the un-educated refer to the educated as liberal demons, i see a problem in the long run with the uneducated interfering with teachers

Old 03-14-2022, 06:19 PM

6,389 posts, read 2,722,266 times
It's amazing how many people are actually trying to justify this as something totally normal as part of "education". These are Elementary-aged kids who probably don't fully understand the concept of "racism" or prejudice because they haven't had it drilled into their minds at every turn yet. But the teachers can't even get that lesson right, unlike race you can change your hair color. So does the lesson become, if you want to be successful just dye your hair black?

How many of these kids didn't understand that this was only a "lesson" and are now upset that their teacher said that they weren't as smart because of their hair color.

I would not be surprised if these same "educators" are ones that are also against Voter ID laws because they feel that blacks don't know how to get an ID? Yet they are the ones teaching the kids on racism.

Old 03-14-2022, 06:34 PM

27,683 posts, read 16,171,854 times
Should have seperated the citizens from the illegal aliens, then deport the illegals. Solid real world lesson.

Old 03-14-2022, 06:44 PM

17,448 posts, read 9,285,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Kids today are being trained in racism.

It's sick.
The End Game is that States are going to pass Laws that say the Education Money follows the student.
Private Schools will gain, Teacher Unions will lose.

I firmly believe in Public Education, but these Radical Leftists have pushed Moms and Dads beyond what they can tolerate. As usual, the Radical Leftists and Unions are so steeped in Ideology that they ignore Normal People and it is the poorest among us that will suffer the most.
Democrats need to stand up and say …. ENOUGH

It can be stopped before it gets to that point, but time is running out.
No sane person wants their children to be taught this Racist indoctrination instead of Reading, Writing, Arithmetic and how to think. “Thinking” today is based on hair color, race and pretending we live in either Slavery or Jim Crow eras — according to the Radical Leftists.

Normal People don’t want this for their children.

Old 03-15-2022, 07:05 AM

36,583 posts, read 30,921,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Now those kids know what it's like to be judged on their appearances. The follow-up is crucial, though, and if the kids were upset the teacher may not have made the lessons clear.

Although perhaps 10-year-olds are a little young to be learning harsh social realities.
You dont think kids judge one another on their appearance already?

Old 03-15-2022, 07:09 AM

41,990 posts, read 75,279,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
This is not for "teachers" to "teach." Reading, writing, arithmetic
There is more to life than reading, writing, and arithmetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
And in the 60's those kids were living in times of segregation and discrimination.

But not today so why continue it ?
You don't think there's segregation and discrimination today? Well, bless your heart ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Gee, I wonder if they were 10-year olds or high school age? Either way the lesson went way too far.
It probably didn't go far enough for the kids to truly understand what they just experienced and why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies