Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2022, 10:26 AM

2,612 posts, read 929,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Justice Thomas is married to somebody that was there to support the capitol riot. Should he be asked to resign?

https://www.npr.org/2022/03/14/10865...ct-of-interest
What isnt ethical about it? Dont we have the 1st amendment right to protest/rally?

Old 03-15-2022, 11:08 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,583,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Supreme Court justices are not covered by the code of judicial ethics. When Scalia was charged with a conflict of interest, he basically told folks to shove it.

Congress controls the court through its impeachment power.

Nevertheless, I believe the action of Justice Thomas and his wife have established the appearance of bias on the court. He should resign.
lol - Based on this post, I believe you have established an appearance of bias on the forum, and you should resign.

See how that works!

Face it. You're just pi$$ed that a conservative black man is on SCOTUS.

Old 03-15-2022, 11:27 AM

10,857 posts, read 4,534,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
No, I only asked the question "can you deny that ones spouse will not have an influence on a person?" its a generic question but you have not provided an answer. On this board someone can be held accountable for their spouse, kids, hair dresser or mailman's behavior sooner or later you see it all.
ok lets focus on THIS and only this.

If the answer is yes (again, I did answer) then does that mean since a justice may be married, they are disqualified?

I dont think you are saying that, instead I think you are pushing downrange that if the spouse holds opinions opposite to what you consider kosher, then we have a problem?

Would you be calling for this to be looked into if his wife was instead very vocally supporting the jan 6th committee saying 'trump bad'?

she went to a rally of her president, a few miles from residence. so if the problem HIS rally (as you worded it) or ANY rally? Your argument is not surviving without being deeply partisan...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies