Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2022, 12:49 PM

18,496 posts, read 8,318,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I have no idea why the Cuomo Admin chose to undercount Covid deaths in nursing homes.
you are kidding, right

"Scandal first hit Cuomo in early 2021 when it was revealed that his administration directed nursing homes to accept recovering coronavirus patients, leading to a spike in elderly deaths. Trouble worsened for Cuomo as more and more reports revealed that his administration intentionally suppressed the death toll to protect the governor from political fallout. At the height of the pandemic, Cuomo was a media sensation, with reporters hailing him as the perfect opposite of President Trump.

In November 2020, Cuomo was even presented with the 2020 International Emmy Founders Award for what the International Academy called “his leadership during the COVID-19 pandemic and his masterful use of television to inform and calm people around the world.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2022, 01:26 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,926,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Didn’t he removed his mother before they used nursing homes as hospitals for covid patients or was it before they closed to visitors?
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Yep
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
No question, NYC was hit hard by Covid. There were initially more incoming than beds available.

As I understand it, NY, like many states, required nursing homes to readmit Covid infected residents when the nursing home had the ability to isolate them and employees had adequate PPE.

Most nursing homes are privately owned and a majority of income is dependent upon Medicaid. How many of these homes actually had the space to isolate? We know with certainty hospitals did not have adequate PPE, let alone private nursing homes.

We also know NYC was the first to be hit hard by Covid and initially there were more incoming than beds available.

The former Governor disclosed daily counts of new infections and deaths attributed to Respiratory complications attributed to Covid. Many did not believe the numbers being reported.

I have no idea why the Cuomo Admin chose to undercount Covid deaths in nursing homes. It makes no sense beyond that hospital beds were rationed to those most likely to survive. Once the JaviT Center opened, there were more beds. There have to be reasons, beyond being told.

As it relates to nursing homes everywhere , the protocol eventually evolved into a lockdown. Residents were not allowed to leave and family was not allowed to visit. Yet, Covid continued to infect vulnerable residents. Obviously the employees brought Covid through the doors with every shift change. Fast forward to 2021 and vaccines, the vaccination rate amongst nursing home employees was only about 20%, nationally.

We now know that 88-90% of those who died of Covid complications in 2021 were not vaccinated.

Most US hospitals mandated vaccines months before Biden did. The number of employees who declined was a fraction of 1% and not all were clinical.
We also know that covid patients could have easily been put in the comfort ships without putting them in nursing homes which cuomo should have done.

Old 03-19-2022, 01:50 PM

88,661 posts, read 84,959,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
I thought many conservatives believe covid deaths were over reported by a huge amount and the whole covid death thing is a big hoax. At least that is the claim I read about often.
Some do, but not all. I have a younger sister who is a conservative, but not a whack job. Wants smaller government, fewer services for the poor, less gun control. The usual conservative common stances. But she is an atheist, doesn't hate gays, is not anti-abortion and in general is more live-and-let live than really far-right wingers.

She had COVID. Almost didn't make it. Seven weeks in the hospital. Has permanent physical damage.

Meanwhile, we also have two older sisters, one of whom IS a far-right-wing whackadoo. She wants those same smaller-goverment, etc., ideals, but she also recently sent my younger sister a video "proving" that my sister's COVID test was fake and that she did not actually have COVID until it was inserted into her lungs by the doctors when they put the ventilator down her trachea in the ICU. The younger sister was so insulted and angry that she has not responded to our other sister.

Such a belief is flat-out INSANE, and yet both sisters would be considered "conservatives", right?

Old 03-19-2022, 04:02 PM

2,691 posts, read 1,201,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
So he knew they were going to place covid patients and puts them in danger.
That's what I think too. Plus add to what happened to what he did to his employees another reason to kick his ass to the curb and his Brother secretly helping. He had more than enough opportunity to say I don't think it's right for me to be working on such and such story. I think I should take a vacation until the matter of my Brother is resolved. That would have been the proper steps for Andrew to take. But no he thought like his Brother he could get away with anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies