Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2022, 08:55 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,042,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
.......Personally I don't have a clue what it is these creeps are attracted to with underage girls. That thought does nothing for me nor do I find any allure to women who are adults but two decades younger than me. Truly I see men my age who just insist that they have to have a far younger woman on their arm as out of their minds. Just feeding their egos. But whatever, I reckon we're not discussing adult relationships.
Oh, that's easy, the reason why...........it is the lost of innocence, the first moment, the crossing over.

Whether it is showing nude models with stuffed animals or concepts in movies, such as the Marquis de Sade scene in Waxwork (got to hand it to director Anthony Hickox, the total arrangement of that sequence was exquisite) or the line Annabelle Lee says right before Nina Hartley says, "It's like I told you, we don't need boys for everything,", it is that moment of shock as one crosses over.

Supposedly, that moment is so powerful, we can get hooked to forever trying to return to it, return to the intensity of it.......such as it is reported to be with meth addicts....so they say.

To experience that moment again, be it the giver, usually the man, or the receiver, usually the woman.

Am I justifying it in this case? No, of course not......ALTHOUGH it does seem tend to lie on a continuum where one end lies in visual media such as models with stuffed animals while the other........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2022, 09:46 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,652,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Oh, that's easy, the reason why...........it is the lost of innocence, the first moment, the crossing over.

Whether it is showing nude models with stuffed animals or concepts in movies, such as the Marquis de Sade scene in Waxwork (got to hand it to director Anthony Hickox, the total arrangement of that sequence was exquisite) or the line Annabelle Lee says right before Nina Hartley says, "It's like I told you, we don't need boys for everything,", it is that moment of shock as one crosses over.

Supposedly, that moment is so powerful, we can get hooked to forever trying to return to it, return to the intensity of it.......such as it is reported to be with meth addicts....so they say.

To experience that moment again, be it the giver, usually the man, or the receiver, usually the woman.

Am I justifying it in this case? No, of course not......ALTHOUGH it does seem tend to lie on a continuum where one end lies in visual media such as models with stuffed animals while the other........
Makes sense ...I guess. I never really analyzed it that deep but that does jump out now that I think about it. Never seen this movie so I looked it up. Yeah, I'm not a big horror movie fan. I just have no appreciation for the genre. I'm OK with monster stuff like Alien and even more out there stuff like The Prophecy movies with Christopher Walken. But when the monsters are human I get squeamish.

Cuz I know that there are actually real human monsters out there that are even worse. The recapturing the rush thing does explain it some...sorta. I still don't get it really. There are other things I've experienced that given my druthers would be way ahead of first sexual activity. With that my line of thinking is it actually got better and better as I matured and I preferred my female partners to be mature as well. That first awkward time when neither of us really knew what we wanted or what to do, being shy about opening up not communicating....I can go without reliving that.

Not to say it was an unpleasant experience but there were way better ones further on down the road. As I ponder that seems to me with the whole far younger partner thing men and women want different things out of that. It appears anyway that men are feeding their egos while women have a more...practical...approach. I dated women who were a ways older than me when I was in my 20s and it was just awesome. I was having DefCon level fun whilst my buddies were stuck playing girl games. These squids that actually prey on adolescents and even younger have a lead deficiency. The doctor prescribes a 230 grain cranial injection delivered at 950 fps.

Anyway thanks for taking the time to enlighten me. Sometimes the simplest answer is all that's needed.

Old 07-27-2022, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Makes sense ...I guess. I never really analyzed it that deep but that does jump out now that I think about it. Never seen this movie so I looked it up. Yeah, I'm not a big horror movie fan. I just have no appreciation for the genre. I'm OK with monster stuff like Alien and even more out there stuff like The Prophecy movies with Christopher Walken. But when the monsters are human I get squeamish.

Cuz I know that there are actually real human monsters out there that are even worse. The recapturing the rush thing does explain it some...sorta. I still don't get it really. There are other things I've experienced that given my druthers would be way ahead of first sexual activity. With that my line of thinking is it actually got better and better as I matured and I preferred my female partners to be mature as well. That first awkward time when neither of us really knew what we wanted or what to do, being shy about opening up not communicating....I can go without reliving that.

Not to say it was an unpleasant experience but there were way better ones further on down the road. As I ponder that seems to me with the whole far younger partner thing men and women want different things out of that. It appears anyway that men are feeding their egos while women have a more...practical...approach. I dated women who were a ways older than me when I was in my 20s and it was just awesome. I was having DefCon level fun whilst my buddies were stuck playing girl games. These squids that actually prey on adolescents and even younger have a lead deficiency. The doctor prescribes a 230 grain cranial injection delivered at 950 fps.

Anyway thanks for taking the time to enlighten me. Sometimes the simplest answer is all that's needed.
Well, A and B and C and D.....and E in that (which movie did you look up?.....as it was, I had to look up The Prophecy you were referring to, for I don't know that one, only the one with Talia Shire).

Anyhow.....A: I know how to manipulate people visually. Shrug. It's not pretty being devious but someone has to do it.

B: There is being an adrenaline junkie and fear of operating in the world of crossing over for the first time or remembering that can be a powerful motivation as well.

C: That is also what I do from time to time, put myself in the mind of the opposing agent, try to see the world through their eyes, see what motivates them. Usually, it is rather "simple" in that "What makes a person want to be part of this criminal market, what motivates them?". Figure that out and then, figure out how to destabilize that market. Now, somethings don't have an easy answer to put into effect, such as will public education change the motivation to have sex with a virgin child because that is seen as the cure for STDs in some cultures? Public education is a good approach but...will they believe that lesson?

D: When I am working in that world, it can't be "Just shoot them" for as we know, others will just keep coming........which sort of puts us in a 2 edge sword situation. That is, if we don't figure out what motivates them, don't stop them, are we something at fault for not doing that? Are we encouraging the problem to keep happening?

Finally, if they don't kill the kid, you cannot execute them, plain and simple. For two reasons. First, that's excessive punishment under the 8th amendment. Unless they have somehow physically killed the victim, death penalty for non murder crimes against the individual (against the State as in treason is something else) is excessive punishment.

Secondly, consider what will happen to the victim if that crime becomes a DP crime? What's to stop them then from killing the victim, remove a potential witness which might cause their capture?

As the saying goes, "They can only execute me once."...............

...................now, if you worked out a way of a thousand deaths or something, well then there might be a point.

Old 07-27-2022, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Well, A and B and C and D.....and E in that (which movie did you look up?.....as it was, I had to look up The Prophecy you were referring to, for I don't know that one, only the one with Talia Shire).

Anyhow.....A: I know how to manipulate people visually. Shrug. It's not pretty being devious but someone has to do it.

B: There is being an adrenaline junkie and fear of operating in the world of crossing over for the first time or remembering that can be a powerful motivation as well.

C: That is also what I do from time to time, put myself in the mind of the opposing agent, try to see the world through their eyes, see what motivates them. Usually, it is rather "simple" in that "What makes a person want to be part of this criminal market, what motivates them?". Figure that out and then, figure out how to destabilize that market. Now, somethings don't have an easy answer to put into effect, such as will public education change the motivation to have sex with a virgin child because that is seen as the cure for STDs in some cultures? Public education is a good approach but...will they believe that lesson?

D: When I am working in that world, it can't be "Just shoot them" for as we know, others will just keep coming........which sort of puts us in a 2 edge sword situation. That is, if we don't figure out what motivates them, don't stop them, are we something at fault for not doing that? Are we encouraging the problem to keep happening?

Finally, if they don't kill the kid, you cannot execute them, plain and simple. For two reasons. First, that's excessive punishment under the 8th amendment. Unless they have somehow physically killed the victim, death penalty for non murder crimes against the individual (against the State as in treason is something else) is excessive punishment.

Secondly, consider what will happen to the victim if that crime becomes a DP crime? What's to stop them then from killing the victim, remove a potential witness which might cause their capture?

As the saying goes, "They can only execute me once."...............

...................now, if you worked out a way of a thousand deaths or something, well then there might be a point.
On your final point I.E. with "the way of a thousand deaths" I could get really creative with that in application to these Chester the Molester varmints. I realize that "just shoot them" can't be applied under US law in accordance with the Constitution and the 8th amendments "cruel and unusual" punishment clause. I was just being figurative in saying these creeps need to be removed from society and adding a metaphorical twist. Just popping them in the dome with a 45 wouldn't be civilized. Fun , yes. But not civilized.

Such crude methodology would be beneath the level of thought I'm willing to put into dealing with these low level invertebrates who prey on children. It might take me a day or two to come up with a thousand tribulations but I can pretty much guarantee that slime on the receiving end would be begging for death by number 3 maybe 5 if they're exceptionally tough and have masochistic tendencies.

It isn't pretty being devious is it. That's a statement not a question hence the period punctuation. In case anyone cares. You never know on here where a spelling and punctuation Nazi will pop up. I have some devious traits myself so I get that. Like you said somebody's gotta do it. And it comes in handy from a purely practical point of view not injecting moral implications into it.

Certain sudden and violent death (albeit rather quick with a bullet to the noggin) might not be a totally effective deterrent with these child predators. As you also said their addiction is a powerful motivator. Heroin junkies don't seem to care about the threat of death at the hands of their addiction. All that matters is the high. So a life form that gets their high from victimizing children is more than likely worse in what they are willing to risk for the rush.

There are a gozillion options to consider as to a "thousand deaths" but being as that's just a pipe dream we'll have to settle for Tyrone Leroy Bubba and the crew batting these slugs around like a pool toy in prison. Selling access to them for Kools and Lucky Strikes. There is a certain amount of satisfaction in that anyways.

Old 07-27-2022, 11:53 AM

Quote:
On your final point I.E. with "the way of a thousand deaths" I could get really creative with that in application to these Chester the Molester varmints. I realize that "just shoot them" can't be applied under US law in accordance with the Constitution and the 8th amendments "cruel and unusual" punishment clause. I was just being figurative in saying these creeps need to be removed from society and adding a metaphorical twist. Just popping them in the dome with a 45 wouldn't be civilized. Fun , yes. But not civilized.

Such crude methodology would be beneath the level of thought I'm willing to put into dealing with these low level invertebrates who prey on children. It might take me a day or two to come up with a thousand tribulations but I can pretty much guarantee that slime on the receiving end would be begging for death by number 3 maybe 5 if they're exceptionally tough and have masochistic tendencies.

It isn't pretty being devious is it. That's a statement not a question hence the period punctuation. In case anyone cares. You never know on here where a spelling and punctuation Nazi will pop up. I have some devious traits myself so I get that. Like you said somebody's gotta do it. And it comes in handy from a purely practical point of view not injecting moral implications into it.

Certain sudden and violent death (albeit rather quick with a bullet to the noggin) might not be a totally effective deterrent with these child predators. As you also said their addiction is a powerful motivator. Heroin junkies don't seem to care about the threat of death at the hands of their addiction. All that matters is the high. So a life form that gets their high from victimizing children is more than likely worse in what they are willing to risk for the rush.

There are a gozillion options to consider as to a "thousand deaths" but being as that's just a pipe dream we'll have to settle for Tyrone Leroy Bubba and the crew batting these slugs around like a pool toy in prison. Selling access to them for Kools and Lucky Strikes. There is a certain amount of satisfaction in that anyways.
Well, "A thousand deaths" was a story in Omni. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Thou...rd_short_story) Essentially, they hook the guy up to a machine, execute him in various gruesome ways, and each time, his consciousness comes back in a new body.

That aside, my main problem with executing someone for a non DP crime is yes, one, it is against the Constitution for I believe the Constitution is what keeps us honest and civilized and alive as a country but two....

.......I think we would be falling into a revenge mentality of "kill the SOB!" without realizing of what that means to the victim, forgetting that things do not operate in a vacuum, that everything else won't remain the same if we "change just one thing".

Which can bring us back to our Vigilantes. It is all well and good, say, if they have the right person.......but what if they don't? What risk is hanging over their heads if they mess up? That is, one can be perfect in decisions in 20-20 hindsight, knowing all the facts......but it is far different when they don't.

Old 07-27-2022, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Well, "A thousand deaths" was a story in Omni. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Thou...rd_short_story) Essentially, they hook the guy up to a machine, execute him in various gruesome ways, and each time, his consciousness comes back in a new body.

That aside, my main problem with executing someone for a non DP crime is yes, one, it is against the Constitution for I believe the Constitution is what keeps us honest and civilized and alive as a country but two....

.......I think we would be falling into a revenge mentality of "kill the SOB!" without realizing of what that means to the victim, forgetting that things do not operate in a vacuum, that everything else won't remain the same if we "change just one thing".

Which can bring us back to our Vigilantes. It is all well and good, say, if they have the right person.......but what if they don't? What risk is hanging over their heads if they mess up? That is, one can be perfect in decisions in 20-20 hindsight, knowing all the facts......but it is far different when they don't.
I mentioned it earlier that I did see and episode (it wasn't aired as part of the show it was sort of an...after action report) where a guy was following the posts of the decoy girl and was just upset as ell. Asking her what she thought she was doing hanging it out like that. He went to the house even but not to "hook up" with what he honestly thought was a 13 yo girl. He wanted to speak to her parents, let them know what little Suzy was up to online. In short he wanted to do the right thing.

The ensuing frakas was a mess. But he did clear things up and hence cleared is name. Still accusations were leveled at him that couldn't be more untrue. The wrong dog getting caught in the trap has happened. I remember in later episodes before the show went TU that LE was getting involved. Cops on standby and the decoy was also a cop. To keep things on the up and up. Making sure procedures were being followed and everybody stayed safe. Seemed reasonable to me. Arrests could be made, ensuring (in theory) that there wouldn't be any technicalities the slime balls could ooze out of getting convicted on so on and so forth.

But your concern that the wrong guys could get caught up in the net certainly have merit. My attitude towards pedos I realize is emotionally driven and rather reactionary. being a Dad and now being a Grandad it's hard for me to think about how I would have felt or would feel if some varmint had hurt my son or did hurt my Granddaughter. That thought brings up hyper violent things in me that involve general mayhem with shooting hacking chopping and slicing.

Old 07-27-2022, 08:14 PM

39,876 posts, read 26,558,268 times
If they catch and expose child abusers, more power to them. For damn sure our "justice" system isn't doing squat. Sadly there is only so much they can do once they catch them.

Old 07-28-2022, 09:25 AM

Quote:
.......... My attitude towards pedos I realize is emotionally driven and rather reactionary. being a Dad and now being a Grandad it's hard for me to think about how I would have felt or would feel if some varmint had hurt my son or did hurt my Granddaughter. That thought brings up hyper violent things in me that involve general mayhem with shooting hacking chopping and slicing.
A little bit off the subject (MAYBE!) but that is one of the "confusing" things of my upbringing.

We teach children to obey the law but how often do we hear, "If any man did that to my child, I would shoot the SOB!". How often do we hear the father rake over the coals the cop who stopped him for running a stop sign or blew past gate security because they are taking too long, that the father knows better than them? Or that it was "okay" for the husband to ram his car into the office of the wife's female divorce lawyer, shoot them both then shoot himself because they were trying to get all of his military pension?

How often do we hear Fathers ranting, if not doing, against others because they know better?

Needless to say, I heard it a lot and if anything, it has turned me into a harsh judge against those who would take the law into their own hands, to take action without licence.

The attitude of "No jury would convict me!".......best not have me on your jury. If one does not have licence, if there is not a defence in the law, to me, they are as guilty as the next crook.

Old 07-28-2022, 12:39 PM

24,438 posts, read 23,110,611 times
Which one of the Biden's did they catch?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies