Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2022, 12:10 PM

408 posts, read 291,220 times

Advertisements

I understand we need to protect kids but there’s something very sketchy about the legal system treating pretend minors who are constructed by an industry of vigilantes pretending to be kids with goals of getting adults to meet at certain locations simply to expose them as predators, as a practice that is acceptable without police and where anyone can do this to a friend.

I feel like this maybe has gone too far. Shouldn’t it be questionable if a potential predator can demonstrate that the actions that brought them to the meeting were not consistent with the actions of a real minor? Or somehow the defense that there was some manipulation tactics deployed and pieces of conversation twisted to the benefit of the group making it as likely as possible to get their guy to meet? Or that there was a misunderstanding as far as what the reason was behind the showing up?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-rjSPu...ature=youtu.be

Under these terms what happens when someone with multiple personalities claims that he pretended to be a minor on his other self and his other self write obscene things to who he thought was a minor but it was really a note to himself? Is this then also a crime the same as that against a real child?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2022, 12:26 PM

408 posts, read 291,220 times
Or this kind of manipulation
Suppose you are “Autoworker”

Vigilante group goes with “Ladygagafan31”

Autoworker: Hi
Ladygagafan31: Hiiii
Autoworker: you look really cute
Ladygagafan31: hehehe dats wat every1 says
Autoworker: Do you like dancing with the stars
Ladygagafan31: Omg it’s my fave show

10 minutes later
Ladygagafan31: I love dancing I love dancing in front of Walmart parking lot hehehe
… I live right next 2 the Walmart so I walk there going home from school

Autoworker : I actually have to get a lightbulb from Walmart and maybe I can see you dance when I go

Ladygagafan31: yea that would be kewl….

Then like they chat for a few days and
Ladygagafan31 says : what else would u like to do at Walmart like … would you dance 2?

Then autoworker says: We will see I guess

Ladygagafan31: with me I never danced with ne1 b4

You see how this goes

Then fastforward one week later

Autoworker goes to Walmart gets lightbulb and is approached by “excuse me are you ‘autoworker’
Ummm did you miss that it says on profile page “14|F “ ummm isn’t it a coincidence you’re here now ? You came here to meet a 14yo…. I’m Hansen a private group that exposes online predators and this is being recorded ….

It’s like that

Old 03-29-2022, 12:30 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,393,510 times
Just target kindergarten teachers. Fish in a barrel.

Old 03-29-2022, 10:56 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,952,870 times
You ever see To Catch a Predator? This been going on for some time now. Its not new

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXWQ8UWV4bk

Old 03-30-2022, 01:36 AM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murby View Post
The only people who would think "trapping" a pedophile is "going to far", are the pedophiles themselves.

What about pedo sympathizers who claim we need to call them "minor attracted persons"??? I don't believe they are all pedos. I think many of them are naive and believe that a sizable number of pedos can be reformed, if we just try hard enough with group therapy and such...

Old 03-30-2022, 03:36 AM

7,369 posts, read 3,533,397 times
i taught my kids from a young age that an adult never needs help from a child, nor does any normal adult wish to interact with one.

Old 03-30-2022, 03:40 AM

10,468 posts, read 4,042,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murby View Post
The only people who would think "trapping" a pedophile is "going to far", are the pedophiles themselves.
Sadly, laws are already on the books to protect the perps via the entrapment laws. I always wondered why these laws exist, and I just think it's because it helps the criminals escape justice more easily.

Old 03-30-2022, 05:14 AM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Vigilante "justice" is illegal and many times targets the wrong person.

Old 03-30-2022, 06:12 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,795,289 times
People have the instinct to protect themselves. At a young age the can figure out that they are members of a group that is exposed to a certain danger. The natural course is for them to confront the danger together.

Old 03-30-2022, 08:03 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Vigilante "justice" is illegal and many times targets the wrong person.
This is why police dont really like these kinds of groups, or endorse what they do.

Police have always taken the stance that 'vigilantism' is not tolerated, even going back decades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies