Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2022, 01:38 PM

10,529 posts, read 6,160,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
About 12 years ago my friend's three daughters came home from school and told us that their teacher has been "teaching" them that they need to try same sex before they make a decision that gay sex is not for them.

That's like saying one needs to try drunk driving before they make a decision that drunk driving is not for them, never mind that it's wrong to do. Or that they have to try meth before making a decision that doing meth is not for them. WTF!

In the US public school system, teachers have gone from being educators to being full-on influencers.

This story proves the exact opposite is happening.

Don't have opinions. Be robots. Or you'll get fired.

A proper education, by the way, is learning to think for yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2022, 01:42 PM

45,554 posts, read 27,160,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Better his soul be crushed, than him aiding in the crushing of the souls of the kids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Crushing their souls?

It's a high school.

Quote:
My bad.

Better his soul be crushed, than him aiding in the crushing of the souls of the teens.

Better?
Quote:
Not really no.

How does giving someone a gay pride bracelet crush their soul?

Interesting how you chopped out most of the rest of my post as well.
I only addressed the portion of your post that was relevant to your response to me.

As far as your question... I guess giving a gay pride bracelet is about as dangerous as a bracelet with a Bible verse stating that homosexual behavior is sin.

Old 03-30-2022, 01:44 PM

Quote:
I only addressed the portion of your post that was relevant to your response to me.

As far as your question... I guess giving a gay pride bracelet is about as dangerous as a bracelet with a Bible verse stating that homosexual behavior is sin.

I'm glad to have raised kids that are not so fragile that their souls are crushed from being given a plastic bracelet.

Old 03-30-2022, 01:49 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,938,426 times
Quote:
I'm really surprised at you saying this, since I know you from R&S and I know you to be a good guy.

You cannot mean this.

Please think about what you are saying.

You cannot really think that teenagers are so impressionable that being handed a bracelet is going to turn them gay. Come on.

Nor is giving someone a gay pride bracelet a 'sick act'.

People are gay, straight or otherwise of their own accord. And being gay is not 'sick' either.
Have some tolerance and acceptance.
It works with 4th graders.

https://dailycaller.com/2022/03/29/t...bt-pride-week/

The teacher went on to say that of the 32 students that she teaches, “20 of them are LGBTQIA+ and have come out to me.”

Old 03-30-2022, 01:51 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,124,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

The teacher went on to say that of the 32 students that she teaches, “20 of them are LGBTQIA+ and have come out to me.”
Results after the teacher molested them. Another "turned out" feel-good story. Homosexuals have tried to also get primates at the zoo to get gay with one another. So then they can jump for joy and say "see, it's natural/normal". The San Francisco Zoo had that issue years ago. It came to light because a female new-hire was instructed to participate and she didn't want to, so they fired her. She filed a lawsuit for wrongful termination but that's as far as the local "media" reported on it. Not sure what ever became of it.

Old 03-30-2022, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

1. This story isn't about 4th graders. It's about teenagers and gay pride bracelets.

2. Your link doesn't work.

Old 03-30-2022, 02:07 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,534,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I was seriously questioning this because my mom was a teacher. When we were very young, she stayed at home. Once we got to about the 3rd grade, she started substituting. She eventually got hired on as a full time teacher. But, she had a Master's degree. Also, every summer, she went away for pretty much the entire summer, furthering her education. I'd say - from the time I was about 12 or 13, through high school graduation, she did this.

So, I thought you were wrong, and started looking it up. I couldn't find any 'all states and their requirements' page, so had to do it individually.

You've got to be kidding me that this is all that is required for some people to become substitute teachers:

*Minimum high school diploma or GED certificate; priority given to individuals with valid or expired teaching certificates

*Background check (fingerprinting)

That's one state, but it does prove that what you said is correct.

Are these schools kidding me right now?

If the school is desperate for a substitute, you don't even need a certificate? You can just go on over to the local school straight out of high school and get the job?

No WONDER our kids are so stupid these days!
if you think that's bad - last month, new mexico had to send in the freakin' national guard to serve as substitute teachers.

https://www.knau.org/npr-news/2022-0...lassrooms-open

Old 03-30-2022, 02:07 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,938,426 times
Quote:
1. This story isn't about 4th graders. It's about teenagers and gay pride bracelets.

2. Your link doesn't work.
Google title: "Texas Teacher Claims 20 Fourth Graders Out Of 32 Students Identify As LGBTQ"

I've noticed that links are sometimes not working off C-D regarding certain topics. Wonder why.

Old 03-30-2022, 02:09 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,534,911 times
Quote:
I'm glad to have raised kids that are not so fragile that their souls are crushed from being given a plastic bracelet.
hopefully you've not raised any so fragile as to have their souls crushed by being denied the opportunity to give away plastic bracelets...

Old 03-30-2022, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
hopefully you've not raised any so fragile as to have their souls crushed by being denied the opportunity to give away plastic bracelets...
Being given a plastic bracelet versus losing your livelihood and a job your have worked at for many years: not even in the same ballpark.
I'd have thought that was obvious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies