Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2022, 01:24 PM

1,359 posts, read 479,179 times

Advertisements

So why would we want to enter Ukraine? Their leader is a feckless puppet who kowtows to the demands of opprobrious individuals and has even shown acceptance of criminal entities and people including Stepan Bandera who was a Nazi collaborator and part of the OUN that persecuted and killed Poles, Russians, and Jews living in Ukraine. In an interview with Fox News he just shrugged his shoulders and dismissed Azov militants executing Russian POWs as being 'what they do'.

I'm leaning further towards the idea that Ukraine burned its bridges when it acted as the chief violator of the Minsk ceasefire. To his credit and dishonour Zelensky tried to reign in the ultranationalists who were looking to continue fighting only to bend the knee to Denys Yantar.

People are deluding themselves if they think there wouldn't be reprisals against the Russian speaking populations of Crimea and Donbass if somehow the Ukrainians retook control of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2022, 01:32 PM

35,755 posts, read 21,118,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessManIT View Post
Nuclear war is the only option to stop Putin. Then we all perish as well.
Have we all made peace with our maker? This nut is up while we sleep. How’s it go? Maybe we learned this for a reason.

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my Soul to keep
If I should die before I 'wake,
I pray the Lord my Soul to take.

Old 04-03-2022, 01:38 PM

798 posts, read 504,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
have we all made peace with our maker? This nut is up while we sleep. How’s it go? Maybe we learned this for a reason.

Now i lay me down to sleep,
i pray the lord my soul to keep
if i should die before i 'wake,
i pray the lord my soul to take.
amen

Old 04-03-2022, 01:41 PM

3,862 posts, read 1,802,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Eisenhower was so right! The MIC has stolen our tax dollars, our infrastructure, our health care, and our education. We just got out of 20 years of war and now Biden is in the pockets of the MIC again by sending billions of dollars of our tax dollars in equipment to Ukraine.
And the MIC just loved that we left all of that equipment after the last war.
Agreed.

I have been trying to add up each week how much aid has been sent to Ukraine and it's over $17 billion dollars. The U.S. has only helped prolong the conflict by sending weapons to continue the fighting in Ukraine. Hopefully soon someone from our government will encourage talks of de-escalation and move towards helping end the violence and destruction there.

Old 04-03-2022, 01:58 PM

18,740 posts, read 7,635,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
As for the UN it does a lot of peacekeeping work around the world with as of 2019, 100,411 people serving in UN peacekeeping operations (86,145 uniformed, 12,932 civilian, and 1,334 volunteers). European nations contribute nearly 6,000 units.
You did a good job describing how many people the UN has in place in various areas.

But you didn't list ONE thing they accomplished.

Old 04-03-2022, 04:04 PM

19,090 posts, read 27,673,713 times
Right. UN observer is a proverbial no interference guy. They just - watch. Much use is that.

Old 04-03-2022, 04:15 PM

20,838 posts, read 17,135,017 times
He is a madman. Best to let the seals handle this.

Old 04-03-2022, 04:17 PM

5,207 posts, read 4,680,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryvete View Post
So why would we want to enter Ukraine? Their leader is a feckless puppet who kowtows to the demands of opprobrious individuals and has even shown acceptance of criminal entities and people including Stepan Bandera who was a Nazi collaborator and part of the OUN that persecuted and killed Poles, Russians, and Jews living in Ukraine. In an interview with Fox News he just shrugged his shoulders and dismissed Azov militants executing Russian POWs as being 'what they do'.

I'm leaning further towards the idea that Ukraine burned its bridges when it acted as the chief violator of the Minsk ceasefire. To his credit and dishonour Zelensky tried to reign in the ultranationalists who were looking to continue fighting only to bend the knee to Denys Yantar.

People are deluding themselves if they think there wouldn't be reprisals against the Russian speaking populations of Crimea and Donbass if somehow the Ukrainians retook control of them.

More and more people in the world are coming around to the idea that the fewer Russians there are in the world, the better. Whether it's through war deaths, lower birth rates, bad health caused by declining economy or alcoholism, whatever it takes. There are 144 million of them left. I'm keeping count.

Old 04-03-2022, 07:40 PM

9,925 posts, read 4,686,408 times
Is Putin more like the Wesly Snipes character/drug dealer in New Jack City or Scarface by the end of the movie. He's daring someone to stand up to him.

Old 04-03-2022, 07:43 PM

7,825 posts, read 2,737,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Have we all made peace with our maker? This nut is up while we sleep. How’s it go? Maybe we learned this for a reason.

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my Soul to keep
If I should die before I 'wake,
I pray the Lord my Soul to take.
Or

I may have been born yesterday

But I've been up All Night
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies