Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2022, 01:32 PM

9,096 posts, read 6,321,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Florida > NYC

Sad that NYC has to grovel for people to move there.
If the Democrats let NYC get as bad as it was in the 1970s and 1980s it could spell doom for the city. Back in the 1970s and 1980s there was no internet nor digital resources. Companies needed the cities for the business infrastructure so they tolerated the crime. With WFH and the internet that will not be true this time around. In the 1970s and 1980s finance and trading had to done in person on Wall Street. Now that stuff is all done online.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2022, 01:34 PM

1,952 posts, read 829,020 times
The far left is using trans people, just as they used blacks and other minorities. They really don't care about them, when you boil it down.

Pathetic and sickening....

Old 04-04-2022, 01:36 PM

2,284 posts, read 637,003 times
At this point, I'm fine with a political party swap. All Democrats move to NY (especially Miami-Dade and Broward ). We will take NY Republicans.

If I can avoid Democratic fascism for the rest of my life!

Old 04-04-2022, 01:39 PM

1,557 posts, read 3,306,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
The far left is using trans people, just as they used blacks and other minorities. They really don't care about them, when you boil it down.

Pathetic and sickening....
Thats correct, They use them to virtue signal with like every other victim group to enhance their own status.

Old 04-04-2022, 01:43 PM

25,738 posts, read 12,824,670 times
NYC & the state of NY have been losing hundreds of thousands of tax paying residents to Florida for decades.

I read a quote from ex Mayor Cuomo that he estimated the tax losses to be in the Billions/year.

Now, Wall Street firms & execs have been moving down too, so much so that they are calling Miami Wall Street of the South.

https://www.bizjournals.com/southflo...-momentum.html

I think this is just 1 feeble attempt at fighting back.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com...te/3616563002/

https://secretnyc.co/new-yorkers-moving-to-florida/

https://www.wptv.com/news/state/surg...w-numbers-show

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-pandemic.html

Old 04-04-2022, 01:46 PM

25,747 posts, read 18,818,821 times
I think the only folks attracted to NYC are those who enjoy being enslaved by the government. Maybe the good mayor should start trying to recruit masochists from around the nation.

Old 04-04-2022, 01:49 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Not sure I'd say that...tell that to the victims of the Pulse Night Club shooting in Orlando. Tell me which LGBT Club in NYC has been shot up like that was?
Since that was not a targeted attack against gays, I'm not sure why you're even bringing it up.

Old 04-04-2022, 01:49 PM

25,738 posts, read 12,824,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
"Come to the city wherever you can say what you want." ??? People's absolute refusal to read is shocking. They make it sound as if a random person uttering the word "gay" out loud just walking down the street is going to be hauled off by the police.

Gavin Newsom the governor of California has been doing the same thing, tweeting to LGBT people to move to his state. Honestly I think both he and Mayor Adams are trying to recover the loss of residents due to the pandemic and high cost of living.
America's 2 states that have lost the most residents to domestic outbound migration in recent years are California and New York, so you nailed it.

Each state is losing Billions in tax revenues.

Employers are also fleeing NY & CA and moving to FLA & TX. Miami's now known as the Wall Street of the South.

Old 04-04-2022, 01:50 PM

9,096 posts, read 6,321,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I think the only folks attracted to NYC are those who enjoy being enslaved by the government. Maybe the good mayor should start trying to recruit masochists from around the nation.

Two additional types come to mind:

(1) Naive college graduates that have been indoctrinated to worship big city culture and wrongfully believe moving to big cities is the only way to succeed financially.

(2) Sex and the City wannabes

Old 04-04-2022, 01:52 PM

17,625 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Come to NYC, where you can be forced to wear a mask and undergo mandatory invasive medical treatments or be ostracized from society. Additionally, you can pay sky high taxes and not allowed to protect yourself in a city where we care more about criminals than victims.

Hmm, no thanks. I'll stay right here in South Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies