Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2022, 08:43 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,754,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
It's not a good look at all.
Yea that look on his face says damn I really don’t want to be here…
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2022, 08:55 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
It's creepy but open caskets are just as creepy. I was forced to kiss my dead grandmother when I was 7. Kissing a cold corpse was traumatizing.

Old 04-05-2022, 09:02 PM

13 posts, read 4,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It's creepy but open caskets are just as creepy. I was forced to kiss my dead grandmother when I was 7. Kissing a cold corpse was traumatizing.
Real talk.

I remember my great grandfather who passed away when I was a kid. Kissed him on the cheek when he was in the casket, and just feeling how cold and stuff his skin was. It was unnerving.

But it is trying to pay respects. My grandmother died a year ago. Like literally watched her die from pancreatic cancer. I didn’t really wanna go to her wake after that. But still did. Just seeing her lifeless, I don’t like that memory being ingrained in my head. Especially if the mortician doesn’t do a good job. I could hear my aunt saying she looks different. Even my uncle who died a month prior from covid. I didn’t see him, but my aunt said she didn’t recognize him.

Old 04-05-2022, 09:04 PM

17,632 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiusJuan View Post
Real talk.

I remember my great grandfather who passed away when I was a kid. Kissed him on the cheek when he was in the casket, and just feeling how cold and stuff his skin was. It was unnerving.

But it is trying to pay respects. My grandmother died a year ago. Like literally watched her die from pancreatic cancer. I didn’t really wanna go to her wake after that. But still did. Just seeing her lifeless, I don’t like that memory being ingrained in my head. Especially if the mortician doesn’t do a good job. I could hear my aunt saying she looks different. Even my uncle who died a month prior from covid. I didn’t see him, but my aunt said she didn’t recognize him.
I went to one funeral and won't go to another one. That was over 15 years ago. Me and dead bodies don't get along. I can't imagine partying with a corpse suspended over the dance floor.

Old 04-05-2022, 09:15 PM

13 posts, read 4,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I went to one funeral and won't go to another one. That was over 15 years ago. Me and dead bodies don't get along. I can't imagine partying with a corpse suspended over the dance floor.
Tbf, there’s cultures that literally dig up their dead loved ones on their birthdays(I think it’s their birthdays), to dress them up and dance with them for that day. The burry them back again.

Old 04-05-2022, 09:19 PM

17,632 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Tbf, there’s cultures that literally dig up their dead loved ones on their birthdays(I think it’s their birthdays), to dress them up and dance with them for that day. The burry them back again.
I'm sure there are. There are also cultures that cut women's genitals off before they hit puberty and cultures that think it's normal to talk to kindergartners about sex. I don't want anything to do with any of those cultures. The one I grew up with worked out just fine.

Old 04-05-2022, 09:23 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
So technically it was an open casket funeral...
^^^^This.

I have zero problem with how family chose to display this guys body.

Heck, this is what he may have really wanted.

Tacky? I don't care, that's in the eye of the beholder.

Heck, they won't let you do a viking funeral etc. and those were pretty awesome so maybe we can all just not be a bunch of Karens and let his family do their thing whether it's what we want or not.

Old 04-05-2022, 09:30 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Real talk.

I could have paid my respects without kissing her. My parents didn't even kiss her. I never wanted to go to another funeral again. I'm sorry about your grandmother. Seeing a loved one in an open casket is the last image you have of them and one you will always remember. I don't like that.

Old 04-05-2022, 10:40 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,876,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
The Democrat base turned out for this macabre display. But, it appears the Hennesy and Colt45 was flowing as the tunes played and the corpse dangled there. Unbelievable.
Yeah, I guess for me, part of what makes it so creepy is the fact that this is in a nightclub, and his corpse is hanging upright and he’s dressed in gangster gear.

I personally have no issues with open casket funerals in a funeral home, church, etc, where the person is lying in the casket, and dressed nicely (although I understand how it can gross people out).

This is a corpse donned in gangster gear, being dangled from the ceiling upright in a nightclub. It’s just plain creepy and disturbing. The combination of the setting, how he’s dressed, and how he’s dangling from the ceiling. To me that is not “basically just an open casket funeral.”

Old 04-05-2022, 10:46 PM

10,179 posts, read 11,166,444 times
Eh, whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies