Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2022, 06:57 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The USA has always been a land of Immigrants. My Grandparents came in 1915 thru Ellis Island.
They had to have a Sponsor, a Job, Money and good health. They became Citizens and never learned to speech English well. For generations, Mexicans would cross into the USA during harvest times and go back home at the end of Harvest. The Democrats are against Temporary Guest Workers because they can’t be Unionized.

I’m even more “nuanced” than you, and possibly more “lean Right” - I know the Border, I know Texas, I have Family that lives on the Rio Grande. I understand the symbiosis of the Texas/Mexico Border and know that it has been destroyed by the Leftist Democrats.

Now people from all over the World go to Mexico to cross into the Borderless USA, thanks to these Leftists.
The “Dude from Salvador” has no interest or intention of working fields in Texas - he is here for all the promised welfare and FREE-FREE-FREE . The Tejanos in Texas have no interest in hiring Salvadorans, but they are expected to feed and clothe them out of their own pockets to get them out of their towns.

You are correct in that Texas and Texas Citizens should not be responsible for securing the US Border & providing for those that cross it Criminally … we have no choice because TeamBiden refuses to follow US Law and the US Constitution. Texas has been responding to the needs of Border City Texans and taking these Border Jumper Criminals into custody when they cross private land.
THAT is very expensive - we have spent Billions in the last 14 months.

Renting Buses to get them out of State will be much Cheaper & they don’t want to stay in Texas, the Biden Administration has no plan except to turn them loose , so we do what we can. Move them out and they volunteer to go.
Just because we still allow immigrants into our country does not make us a land of immigrants anymore. Our native born citizen population way outnumbers our immigrant and I am sick of that stupid label after all these years. When do we get to just be ourselves, a nation of U.S. born citizens? Illegal aliens aren't plain ole immigrants anyway they are immigration law breakers that are invading our country.

As for what is going on at our border and Texas for one having to bear the brunt of it it's a travesty and our Federal government is to blame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2022, 07:32 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Just heard his press conference on TV. It's about time.

Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3VHxAFNtes
That’ll fire up the base. He better hope the “woke folks” don’t notice.

Old 04-07-2022, 07:34 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Not only DC but all the blue states and cities that supported this invasion.
Absolutely Every Sanctuary City should be their destination.

Old 04-07-2022, 10:26 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,564,588 times
I can't help but shake the feeling that before this is all over some rootin'-tootin' over enthusiastic Texas tough guy is going to be facing kidnapping charges attempting to relocate these immigrants out of town. It will be extra special since the Federal Kidnapping Act (aka the Lindbergh Law) would kick in when the abduction involves interstate transport.

Stay tuned.

Old 04-07-2022, 10:33 PM

23,563 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
I can't help but shake the feeling that before this is all over some rootin'-tootin' over enthusiastic Texas tough guy is going to be facing kidnapping charges attempting to relocate these immigrants out of town. It will be extra special since the Federal Kidnapping Act (aka the Lindbergh Law) would kick in when the abduction involves interstate transport.

Stay tuned.
I wouldn't put it past Biden* to try something underhanded like that.

Old 04-08-2022, 12:14 AM

24,623 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Adults are not easy to kidnap, sorry for the breaking news.

Old 04-08-2022, 12:44 AM

8,893 posts, read 5,369,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
I don't want those criminals near me.
Neither do I. But it would appear many in Washington, DC do. So we are sending them there.

Old 04-08-2022, 12:45 AM

Quote:

Stay tuned.
Is someone forcing these illegals to board the buses?

Old 04-08-2022, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
So I’m not a fan of openly bashing everyone who is an illegal alien. Texas has a lot of business, and if some dude from El Salvador is willing to work his butt off and stay out of trouble, he absolutely should be able to stay in Texas.

Sorry if that offends anyone on this thread.
Can't Washington, DC find a use for someone who is willing to work his butt off and stay out of trouble?

Old 04-08-2022, 01:07 AM

7,824 posts, read 4,564,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Is someone forcing these illegals to board the buses?
I imagine we'll find out soon enough...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies