Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2022, 09:26 AM

18,848 posts, read 8,496,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
So the people in their 70's in Independent Living are not allowed to come and go, have friends and family visit them? Did the facility mandate that they must be fully vaccinated to live there, and check vaccination status for all visitors at the gate?

Husband and I are grandparents in our 70's and thankfully still live in our own home where we are free to choose how we want to live and who we want to have over our own home.

During the pandemic he was in the hospital twice: hernia surgery and another time fell and broke his leg and hip. Was in the hospital doing rehab for 3 weeks. They tested him for covid, but not visitors. Only visitor restrictions were taking their temperatures and masks required. One visitor at a time in his room. Yet family weren't allowed to see someone DYING but could for a broken leg?

BTW, that temperature taking was absurd. Every person who has covid has a fever? When husband tested positive in December 2020 (before vaccines), his temp was 97 for an entire week. Mine was 96. His only symptom was being very tired for 24 hours. Elderly me never isolated myself from him, and I tested negative. He is fully vaccinated, but I haven't gotten even one.
Low grade fever is a common early sign of asymptomatic and near term infection. So very easy to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2022, 10:10 AM

9,376 posts, read 6,995,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
This is(and has been) one of the biggest fallacies of the covidians. That everyone has COVID and will spread it to anyone who anywhere near them.

This bill says they can't make COVID 19 vaccination a condition of visitation, but nothing I have seen says that a facility can't require testing and deny anyone who is also positive. That is what was NOT being done. It didn't matter if the person wasn't there for COVID 19, and a person visiting tested negative(or was vaccinated), hospitals, and other facilities said that they could not visit.

Now, unless you have some source and point to the specific regulation that says this isn't true, what is the difference between hospital staff having to test negative and a relative of someone having to test negative?

Nobody said that everyone will spread to anyone. But if you have a nursing home with say 1000 resident 75-100 years old who paid big $$ to be there and get end of life health. Say at any time 10-25 of those resident are on there death beds due to natural causes just due to age.

Now say the grandkids want to feel better about nanna dying so they come to the area of the retirement home that has final stage healthy. The bring nanna some flowers and a teddy bear to see her off to make themselves feel better about themselves. Now say litte great grankid timmy has a bit of a tickle of a cough and has a mild form of Rona. Then spreads it to a few of the staff that work there. Then in turn the staff spread it to other residents during normal checkups and before the regular tests pickup the staff as positive. Now say those residents spread it to other residents at the dining hall which is served buffet style every night. Now you've got a much higher contagion rate to an extremely high risk set of folks and likely many of them will die.

They paid big bucks to be there for the best of care but Ron D (love the guy btw) he signs this into law so that little Timmy and his paw can go see Nanna off before the big sleep. They feel better about themselves but nuke an entire retirement center.

yeah that makes alot of sense... only to selfish people

Old 04-09-2022, 11:59 AM

995 posts, read 511,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Nobody said that everyone will spread to anyone. But if you have a nursing home with say 1000 resident 75-100 years old who paid big $$ to be there and get end of life health. Say at any time 10-25 of those resident are on there death beds due to natural causes just due to age.

Now say the grandkids want to feel better about nanna dying so they come to the area of the retirement home that has final stage healthy. The bring nanna some flowers and a teddy bear to see her off to make themselves feel better about themselves. Now say litte great grankid timmy has a bit of a tickle of a cough and has a mild form of Rona. Then spreads it to a few of the staff that work there. Then in turn the staff spread it to other residents during normal checkups and before the regular tests pickup the staff as positive. Now say those residents spread it to other residents at the dining hall which is served buffet style every night. Now you've got a much higher contagion rate to an extremely high risk set of folks and likely many of them will die.

They paid big bucks to be there for the best of care but Ron D (love the guy btw) he signs this into law so that little Timmy and his paw can go see Nanna off before the big sleep. They feel better about themselves but nuke an entire retirement center.

yeah that makes alot of sense... only to selfish people
How does preventing visitors stop staff from getting covid from the outside and spreading it to the residents? Trust me, it happens all the time. The person I know who worked at such a place took NO covid precautions, and she did get covid at one point. I'm sure she was working a few days while "hot" and not yet knowing it.

Allowing visitors is a basic human right - if it was my momma on her death bed during covid times, it'd be them allowing me to spend time with her, or I'm packing her up to come home with me. Either way, I'm going into that facility.

At least now, I'll have the option of moving my mother to Florida in case she needs nursing care, and I'll be able to visit her daily, whether there is a surge raging or not. Nothing selfish about that - my mom comes first.

Old 04-09-2022, 12:05 PM

18,848 posts, read 8,496,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post

Allowing visitors is a basic human right - if it was my momma on her death bed during covid times, it'd be them allowing me to spend time with her, or I'm packing her up to come home with me. Either way, I'm going into that facility.
You would have to make arrangements to pack her up as you say, and that would be a daunting and expensive task. Within her and your rights.

Old 04-09-2022, 02:24 PM

995 posts, read 511,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
You would have to make arrangements to pack her up as you say, and that would be a daunting and expensive task. Within her and your rights.
Sorry, you lose this one. In Florida, I'll be able to visit my mother no matter what. You don't like it, tough.

Hurray for DeSantis, the man with a heart.

Old 04-09-2022, 02:25 PM

21,956 posts, read 9,545,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikmal View Post
you know the dems are putting their heads together right now, strategizing how to come up with some spiffy name to paint this bill in a negative light. Maybe it's the "[i]pester a suffering person[/i]" act or some other nonsense that will capture headlines for them.
love this!!!

Old 04-09-2022, 02:26 PM

21,956 posts, read 9,545,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
So when the next pandemic comes along no matter how contagious or deadly, we will have one less method of fighting it.

My cancers probably going to kill me. So this may be a bit more upfront for me then most, and let me say. Id rather die alone then harm those who I care about, or even random people.
How very noble of you.

Old 04-09-2022, 02:49 PM

17,694 posts, read 6,952,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
Sorry, you lose this one. In Florida, I'll be able to visit my mother no matter what. You don't like it, tough.

Hurray for DeSantis, the man with a heart.
There is something wrong with someone who would deny a dying person the ability to see a loved one. Especially a physician.

Old 04-09-2022, 02:51 PM

4,922 posts, read 2,068,863 times
America gave the Progressive Liberals their chance in 2020 and now look where the country and the world is.

They failed and the Independent voters will now swing back to the Republicans to fix all the problems the Democrats have caused.

I am hoping for a Trump/DeSantis ticket in 2024, so this will give us 12 years of common sense, in order to fix all the damage the Democrats caused in a ONE YEAR PERIOD.

If Trump stays out and DeSantis runs, I will support him 100%.

The media and big tech are doing their best to attack DeSantis, but most Americans see through their BS.

Without question, the Republican will take both the House and Senate in 2022. If they are smart, they will start fixing all the Biden and Pelosi disasters immediately and do their best to rollback this hyper inflation the country is now feeling.

Old 04-09-2022, 02:59 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,772,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Bingo.
The democratic politicians are evil. There's just no other way for me to say it at this stage.
I've seen this act for decades now and it's only getting worse.
Agreed. I was once a Democrat voter. I honestly don't know what the hell happened to the party, but I just can't support them under any circumstances now. I had switched to voting for 3rd party candidates, but now will switch to Republican all the way down the ballot in order to stop every Democrat at every chance possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies