Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2022, 08:05 PM

17,459 posts, read 14,691,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Right, I get that.

How would pictures of starving to death babies with desperate crying mothers at border detention facilities look? While the right is saying we need to keep this formula for our citizens, we all know how they stand up and scream when children appear to be suffering at the border, when a democrat is in charge of things.

That's okay - the only news crew down there is Fox anyway ... so the Dems who watch CNN and MSNBC will continue to be oblivious.

IF illegals are hungry, they can go back to Mexico. Or Haiti. Or Cuba. Or Africa. Or whatever bazillion countries they are pouring in here from.

I don't care. American babies come first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2022, 08:11 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,800,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
That's okay - the only news crew down there is Fox anyway ... so the Dems who watch CNN and MSNBC will continue to be oblivious.

IF illegals are hungry, they can go back to Mexico. Or Haiti. Or Cuba. Or Africa. Or whatever bazillion countries they are pouring in here from.

Exactly. Hell, I would support an expedited voluntary departure program - they're informed of what ICE can provide for them during detention, if they don't like it and want to leave, they are placed on the first flight out of the country.

We can't take care of everyone.

Old 05-12-2022, 08:16 PM

29,848 posts, read 24,947,456 times
Those selfish Americans, thinking they can reproduce!!! Nothing gives them the right! Back to work stimulating Brandon's economy!!! *democrats cracking the whip*

Dystopian reality, here we are... Brought to you by Brandon and the dems.

If hell was a place, they would tell their inhabitants that if they don't behave, they are going to die someday and go to one of Brandon's modern day liberal hellscape cities like San Fransisco or New York.

Old 05-12-2022, 08:21 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 16 days ago)

35,658 posts, read 18,021,886 times
Quote:

You know what, Chuckity? I DO sense you would care. I do sense, if you were sitting in a room with a crying infant, and a crying mother who was trying to feed her baby, I do sense you would care.

It's one thing to sit behind a computer in a comfortable house with all our needs met, and it's another thing to encounter starving babies.

I sense you would care. Regardless of the national heritage of the starving baby.

Old 05-12-2022, 08:23 PM

Quote:
You know what, Chuckity? I DO sense you would care. I do sense, if you were sitting in a room with a crying infant, and a crying mother who was trying to feed her baby, I do sense you would care.

It's one thing to sit behind a computer in a comfortable house with all our needs met, and it's another thing to encounter starving babies.

I sense you would care. Regardless of the national heritage of the starving baby.
If you cared, you would be honest with them about what you are and are not capable of providing.

Old 05-12-2022, 08:26 PM

6,089 posts, read 2,871,705 times
Quote:
I hope I never reach that point, Ford, respectfully. Our ancestors didn't have to break any laws, they just chose to come over here, and put down roots. (I'm guessing, maybe wrongly, that you and I are of the same basic heritage of european immigrants who came over with no one screening them at all when they arrived on American soil. They just pulled up to the shore, dropped anchor, and came on in).

"Harden not your heart". I don't ever want to have no sympathy for a starving baby and a mother crying to feed her baby.

Regardless of border issues lines.
Quite frankly, I have no patience for those who are not supposed to be here. They are openly defying our immigration laws. My Faith tells me I should not let other starve, no matter the circumstances. However, I cannot get past the fact that I, and every other American, am expected to follow the law, yet these people do not have that same standard. American children deserve baby formula before any illegal. If we had excess baby formula, I might not mind, so much. With the hundreds of thousands of them that are expected each month, I have no more sympathy. We are the ones being abused, not them.

And, I am a genealogy snob, so I cannot resist responding to that portion of your post! The majority of my ancestors immigrated from England, with the earliest I have been able to document without any doubt being in 1635, Cogswell being their surname. They came over on the ship the 'Angel Gabriel' which sunk of the coast of modern day Maine. They were all lucky to have survived, though they lost most of their possessions and livestock. They settled in Massachusetts.

To tie that in with what you posted, the Cogswell's were still British citizens, following British law, on what was technically "British soil". Not exactly the same circumstances as today, but they still had rules to follow.

Old 05-12-2022, 08:29 PM

17,459 posts, read 14,691,657 times
Quote:

Nope. I used to care. I don't anymore.

They shouldn't be here. Our government should be discouraging them not inviting them with open arms. And then giving them free food and shelter paid for with OUR tax money when our own citizen's are having a hard time putting food on their own table.

Nope.

I'll give the American baby the formula every single time.

Try me.

Old 05-12-2022, 08:32 PM

17,690 posts, read 6,952,640 times
Quote:
Nope. I used to care. I don't anymore.

They shouldn't be here. Our government should be discouraging them not inviting them with open arms. And then giving them free food and shelter paid for with OUR tax money when our own citizen's are having a hard time putting food on their own table.

Nope.

I'll give the American baby the formula every single time.

Try me.
Yep. And the ClaraC’s of the world turn their backs on American babies and America. Every single time they vote for a Democrat.

Old 05-12-2022, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Yep. And the ClaraC’s of the world turn their backs on American babies and America. Every single time they vote for a Democrat.
The democrats then tax the rest of us to death and complain about us not "caring".

You know what? Inflation is at 8.3%. The price of beef, gas and other staples DOUBLED. My 401k is down 20% YTD. My property taxes are about to go up 10%. We're about to go into a recession during which my income will probably stagnate.

I can't afford to care. Forgive me if I'm not feeling particularly generous.

Last edited by albert648; 05-12-2022 at 08:47 PM..

Old 05-12-2022, 08:53 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 16 days ago)

35,658 posts, read 18,021,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
No, I don't turn my backs on babies in America. I would wager I've done more for babies in America than almost anyone in this thread, with a few notable exceptions.

I will not harden my heart. I have great hope that there will be enough formula for our babies, given our ability to move goods around when it's important.

And infant formula is the MOST import commodity we have. The most essential.

We can do this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies