Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2022, 06:49 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,738,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Only around 1% are after 21 weeks and usually for sound reasons, do you want to dictate that decision to a woman.
I’d like to see greater efforts to ensure women have very easy access to birth control and Plan B as well as options to seek abortion early if that is something they really need. One of the barriers is cost. Why don’t abortion providers offer payment plans?

I support choice in regards to abortion to a point but think every effort should be made to make it rare because there is another human life involved.

Old 04-10-2022, 06:50 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,538,866 times
welp, so much for the OP's hoped-for 'handmaid's tale' scenario.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-abortion.html

Old 04-10-2022, 06:59 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,211,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
welp, so much for the OP's hoped-for 'handmaid's tale' scenario.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-abortion.html
The notable tidbit I got out of this update is that Idaho's new law fashioned on the Texas heartbeat law allows the relatives of rapists to sue if a rape victim aborts a resulting fetus. Charming.

Old 04-10-2022, 07:12 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,014,637 times
Perhaps people should take personal responsibility for their actions. Remember, the man has just as much responsibility to the child as the woman does. Interesting that the pro choice people these days think that all the duty and responsibility should fall on the woman and the man should have no accountability except for paying child support. Most abortions have nothing to do with a woman's safety. When people try to use disability as an excuse, what they're really saying is that disabled people have less worth than able bodied people due to the fact they might have a harder life than able bodied people. Do you support aborting poor people so that they don't have to suffer poverty. Outside of the abortions that are actually based on a threat to the woman's life, most of this boils down to people not wanting to shoulder the consequences of their own decisions. Just because she chose to self-induce an abortion doesn't mean her health and safety were in danger if she didn't. They became a threat when she chose to self induce. People overdose from drugs. That doesn't mean they'll die or be severely hurt if they don't do drugs.

Old 04-10-2022, 07:15 PM

18,383 posts, read 19,014,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Can you see the other side though? It’s like saying it’s ok to kill a newborn because they can’t yet crawl or walk or feed themselves and their mother needs to have a say because she is the one responsible for them. They would die without her.

Some do see abortion as murder and the unborn lives worthy of protection.

I support the right to choose up to a point and with limits and other considerations. It’s complicated.
I do see the other side of it. I disagree it’s like saying you can kill a child born that requires care. Many people can do the job. Only one individual can be pregnant so it isn’t the same at all. I can and do understand some consider abortion murder. I don’t. I also don’t support forced birthing against a woman’s will.

Old 04-10-2022, 07:17 PM

18,383 posts, read 19,014,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
I understand that, and did not make a comment to the contrary.

You said you support the life of the child, but you also support the mother aborting the child. That's a logical fallacy, as it is not possible to do both.
I support her to make her own choices no matter which. My personal wishes mean nothing to her.

Old 04-10-2022, 07:26 PM

7,509 posts, read 3,231,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Why?

Are women too stupid to understand what birth control is?

They need the men to protect them from pregnancy because they are incapable of handling that for themselves?

Because if women don't have control of their reproductive rights then neither should men (u f)

Old 04-10-2022, 08:05 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,360,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Why?

Are women too stupid to understand what birth control is?

They need the men to protect them from pregnancy because they are incapable of handling that for themselves?
Apparently some women, like you, don't understand that birth control (even using multiple methods) isn't 100% effective. Pretty basic biological fact.

That's not a matter of stupidity but ignorance of how birth control works and how it doesn't - figure it out.

Old 04-10-2022, 08:08 PM

34,019 posts, read 17,050,952 times
There have been many incidents like this case where, with a little patience we can await the outcome. The outcome will be driven by the SCOTUS ruling on the Mississippi case (Dobbs v Jackson) to come.

I am certain it will bring about much needed clarity, and guidance that all states can follow.

Old 04-10-2022, 08:14 PM

23,525 posts, read 12,509,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Apparently some women, like you, don't understand that birth control (even using multiple methods) isn't 100% effective. Pretty basic biological fact.

That's not a matter of stupidity but ignorance of how birth control works and how it doesn't - figure it out.
No one is saying it's 100% effective.

Even though it's not 100% effective, you seem to fail to realize that using BC works far better than not using it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies