Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2022, 09:39 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,773,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
What should a school do? Make an example out of the bully so other kids know such behavior is unacceptable. No need to push gender-identity, sexuality, or transgender issue BS on young schoolchildren. Just don't tolerate bullying for any reason. Period.
The school I went to had a teacher who would hang students out the window by their feet or slam them up against the locker and punch the locker in right next to their head if they misbehaved.

He had the most well behaved class of all the teachers. He rarely had to do anything, because he set the example loud and clear right up front. Don't **** around in Mr. Head's class. If you do, you are doomed. Period!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2022, 09:42 AM

41,998 posts, read 75,311,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Schools have never solved the bullying issue for any kids. Ever.
Does that mean they shouldn't try? What's the lesson for a kid who gets away with bullying another kid for being gay, too smart, too dumb, fat, athletically inept, or whatever?

Education is more than the core subjects of math, science, language, and social studies. Kids have to learn how to deal peacefully with kids who are different from them. If they're not educated about those differences, they can't interact successfully.

Same with sex ed. Education helps prevent teen pregnancy, STDs, etc. Ignorance makes them happen.

Not too difficult of a concept, is it?

Quote:
It is interesting that there is a subset of people who only care about bullying when it affects LGBTQ.
How do you figure that?

Old 04-18-2022, 09:44 AM

2,284 posts, read 639,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I think you're onto something here.

So what does a school do when kids bully another kid for being gay, or suspected of being gay, or any other reason? Does the school just sweep that under the rug and trust that the parents will teach their kids to be tolerant or at the very least not to bully other kids? What a joke.

Whoa. Irony. And so early in the morning.
The school can do what they would do for bullying for any other reason: punish the bully. Does it matter the reason they're being bullied? Is being bullied for being fat, ugly, poor, smelly better somehow than bullying for being gay?

Old 04-18-2022, 09:55 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,971,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Does that mean they shouldn't try? What's the lesson for a kid who gets away with bullying another kid for being gay, too smart, too dumb, fat, athletically inept, or whatever?

Education is more than the core subjects of math, science, language, and social studies. Kids have to learn how to deal peacefully with kids who are different from them. If they're not educated about those differences, they can't interact successfully.

Same with sex ed. Education helps prevent teen pregnancy, STDs, etc. Ignorance makes them happen.

Not too difficult of a concept, is it?

How do you figure that?
Nowhere did I say bullying is OK. Schools don't give a chit. And nowhere did I say THAT'S Ok either. It's a fact.

I didn't get LGBTQ or CRT training. I guess I just should've been completely confused and stupefied when I first met a gay person or a black person? I mean, how DID I know what to do? The school never taught me. I probably just stood there, mouth agape, drooling, eyes huge ... what is THAT??? [sarcasm]

It's called being a human being. We were taught to be respectful. So we were. We didn't need a checklist to show us the approved stereotypical behaviors of how to treat everyone.
For example:
LGBTQ: kiss their feet and throw a parade
Black: pay reparations
White: insult and demean

We were taught: Be nice. Don't call names. Don't hit. Applies to EVERYONE YOU MEET.

Just wondering why people only care about LGBTQ kids getting bullied. /shrug/

Old 04-18-2022, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
The school can do what they would do for bullying for any other reason: punish the bully. Does it matter the reason they're being bullied? Is being bullied for being fat, ugly, poor, smelly better somehow than bullying for being gay?
Apparently it does matter. Only LGBTQ kids deserve protection.

The sheer idiocy is astonishing.

Old 04-18-2022, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Now wait just a minute. Liberals and the political party that embraces them tells us men can get pregnant.
I hear it's a real problem in women only prisons. Women are starting to get pregnant.

How DID that happen?

Old 04-18-2022, 12:27 PM

21,490 posts, read 10,605,412 times
[quote=justus978;63277957]
You’re talking about individuals doing bad things, which of course isn’t the argument at all. The groomer label is because democrats want to teach small children at school about sexualized topics and gender issues, and they want to be able to do it without having to tell their parents.

Old 04-18-2022, 12:36 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,988,120 times
[quote=justus978;63282237]
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post

...i suspected Edmund Burke's quote would go over your head, no worries...

...here's one of mine...

...'never argue with someone who's television set is bigger than their bookcase'...carry on...
[quote=katygirl68;63287707]
Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
You’re talking about individuals doing bad things, which of course isn’t the argument at all. The groomer label is because democrats want to teach small children at school about sexualized topics and gender issues, and they want to be able to do it without having to tell their parents.
..so, sending me a dm telling me to "go f myself' will solve the problem...you are hilarious....

..., 'never argues with someone who's television set is bigger than their bookcase"...

Old 04-18-2022, 12:48 PM

8,947 posts, read 2,974,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Maybe or maybe you are being lead further and further into the fringes by whatever source you are using.
We are using our normal sources. They are called "common sense."

Old 04-19-2022, 04:44 AM

59,277 posts, read 27,446,336 times
Quote:
Why do YOU want them in mental institutions and subject to forced discrimination? Why are you so afraid of gay people?

Do you consider someone with 6 fingers on 1 hand normal? Is having 1 blue eye and 1 brown eye normal? Nope.

Does it happen? Yep. Is it normal? Nope.

Your post are devolving into the absurd.
And you post poses asinine questions based ONLY on your own bias.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies