Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do Biden and Psaki owe BP an apology
Yes, it was false and damaging 69 94.52%
No, better to be woke than accurate 4 5.48%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2022, 08:57 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,092,268 times

Advertisements

Whatever happened to “I will fire anyone that treats people disrespectfully” ?
I just don’t get why people are good with this administration.

There are policy failures everywhere, absolutely everywhere.
The disrespect they have towards the citizens is gobsmacking.

I think they should be held liable to these border officers and others like Kyle.
They are living in a fantasyland with no liabilities.

This needs to stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2022, 09:00 AM

78,552 posts, read 60,762,573 times
Not sure if federal employees can sue for having their boss essentially suspend and malign them nationally and then take forever to do an investigation.

I've seen a number of the "throw the employee under the bus" stunts over the years by politicians that have lead to large civil suits.

Old 04-19-2022, 09:13 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,637,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Some key takeaways here:

1) the media is the enemy of the people

2) biden and those who voted for him are enemies of America
So basically, blame the politicians, right? the Border patrol guys are totally innocent in all this? Just doing their jobs, right?

This is NOT the American way. Where are the border patrol agents that REFUSE to 'comply', and follow thru with the oath they took?

Historically, 'patriots and heroes' that obey and comply with all laws, or just do their jobs...are not remembered by history! Its those that refuse to comply, that end up heroes.

Old 04-19-2022, 09:23 AM

6,794 posts, read 5,672,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
So basically, blame the politicians, right? the Border patrol guys are totally innocent in all this? Just doing their jobs, right?

This is NOT the American way. Where are the border patrol agents that REFUSE to 'comply', and follow thru with the oath they took?

Historically, 'patriots and heroes' that obey and comply with all laws, or just do their jobs...are not remembered by history! Its those that refuse to comply, that end up heroes.
Are you saying that just because these Border Patrol guys didn't want to be heroes, they deserved to be vilified?

That's a insane way to look at this..

Old 04-19-2022, 09:26 AM

26,561 posts, read 15,132,263 times
Because the mainstream media is propaganda, many will hear about border patrol whipping people, but never hear the truth.

Old 04-19-2022, 09:47 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,637,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Are you saying that just because these Border Patrol guys didn't want to be heroes, they deserved to be vilified?

That's a insane way to look at this..
What I see...is MANY decades of illegal immigrants and an absolutely enormous quantity of drugs/guns, that enter the country CONSISTENTLY.

If this was just occasional or random...then I would feel the opposite, but the fact is, our border patrol is USELESS, drugs and immigrants consistently reach their destinations in the US, (its not random or occasional). It raises the question if there is not collusion on a larger level as well...its the consistency that this implies.

And it makes no difference which party happens to be in power at the time...these things have flowed in despite which party had power. I was using Heroin during Bush Jrs term, its EVERYWHERE then...and its the same today, and was the same when Trump was in office! It doesnt change is what Im saying.

That is a very significant factor and speaks for itself.

Old 04-19-2022, 10:34 AM

13,030 posts, read 9,568,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Biden and Psaki both accused mounted border patrol agents of whipping people illegally entering the country.

It wasn't true. It flamed racial divisions and of course many in the mainstream propaganda media ran with the BS.

Now that the border patrol agents have been cleared, do Biden and Psaki owe them an apology?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyUeaQ171GI
Biden (and Harris follows along) makes gaffes like that all the time. A couple of examples are the border agents on the horses, and Kyle Rittenhouse (a "white supremacist").

But the one I find most memorable was when Obama said "The Cambridge police acted stupidly" when he didn't know the details - all he saw was racism (which must be something he obsesses on all the time). If them trying to protect a guys house when it appeared that someone was trying to break in the back door was "stupidly", then we need more "stupid" on the part of cops everywhere.

Old 04-19-2022, 10:38 AM

1,069 posts, read 748,239 times
Quote:
How do you know that there aren't Border Patrol Agents and CBP Officers that refuse to comply with the illegal orders issued by DHS Secretary Mayorkas at the direction of the Biden-Harris cabal?

Quote:
What I see...is MANY decades of illegal immigrants and an absolutely enormous quantity of drugs/guns, that enter the country CONSISTENTLY.

If this was just occasional or random...then I would feel the opposite, but the fact is, our border patrol is USELESS, drugs and immigrants consistently reach their destinations in the US, (its not random or occasional). It raises the question if there is not collusion on a larger level as well...its the consistency that this implies.

And it makes no difference which party happens to be in power at the time...these things have flowed in despite which party had power. I was using Heroin during Bush Jrs term, its EVERYWHERE then...and its the same today, and was the same when Trump was in office! It doesnt change is what Im saying.

That is a very significant factor and speaks for itself.
Once again you vilify the men and women of the U.S. Border Patrol and U.S. Customs and Border Protection with no facts to back up your statement. It's all based on your flawed perception of what goes on along the border and at our ports of entry. Do some drug smugglers, human traffickers and illegal aliens get past CBP and enter the country? Of course, but we live a free society and sealing our international borders and ports of entry 100% isn't feasible.

These are CBP current enforcement statistics. The fact is a lot of drugs and illegal aliens don't reach their destination in the U.S..

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/c...ent-statistics

These are some of the federal statues that CBP and the Border Patrol enforces:

19 CFR Customs and Border Protection:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/19/chapter-I

8 CFR Aliens and Nationality

https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-8

Controlled Substances Act

https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-2...art-1300?toc=1

Now that you're acquainted with federal immigration and customs laws as well as the Controlled Substances Act if you were in charge of border security and immigration enforcement what would you do differently?

I look forward to your reply.

Last edited by irishcopper; 04-19-2022 at 11:07 AM..

Old 04-19-2022, 10:40 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,152,883 times
If the folks running the current administration had any sense of decency they'd collectively apologize in tandem with resignation.

Old 04-19-2022, 11:27 AM

24,543 posts, read 17,291,517 times
Quote:

Yes, we need to blame the politicians that take a scene like the "whipping", hype it and let their media run with it so we can be outraged.

The Illegal Aliens choose to cross the river, the "migrant" choose to reach for the reins, the agent was forced to move his horse quickly, the photographer that captured the moment choose to grab one snap shot of the scene and the media choose to headline the photo of the poor dark skinned "migrant" being whipped by the white and no doubt racist border patrol agent...

I'd say the Border Patrol agents were just doing their jobs but given what the Biden admin. is doing to America I don't even know why they continue to bother?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies