Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2022, 07:39 AM

2,170 posts, read 1,970,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I agree. Even my college sociology book listed the problem as culture, but when I mention it, I get shot down.

I have a theory that if you changed prison uniforms to pink dresses that the crime rate within the black community would drop like crazy. They don't worry about going to jail, in some cases its a right of passage. They're so worried about image, so change that image. If you go to jail you'll look so pretty in your little pink dress, hard to be a bad ass gangster in a little pink dress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2022, 07:43 AM

19,759 posts, read 10,207,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedupwiththis View Post
I have a theory that if you changed prison uniforms to pink dresses that the crime rate within the black community would drop like crazy. They don't worry about going to jail, in some cases its a right of passage. They're so worried about image, so change that image. If you go to jail you'll look so pretty in your little pink dress, hard to be a bad ass gangster in a little pink dress.
I agree. When black kids grow up, their older siblings, cousins, uncles, father, if they have one, all live by the gun. So they follow the example.

Old 04-21-2022, 07:46 AM

73,122 posts, read 62,944,273 times
Quote:
I have a theory that it won't work. Alot of criminals are so far gone that they won't change, no matter what.

Old 04-21-2022, 07:51 AM

2,170 posts, read 1,970,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I have a theory that it won't work. Alot of criminals are so far gone that they won't change, no matter what.

What about the younger generation. When you aren't worried about the punishment what's the incentive to not do the crime?

Old 04-21-2022, 07:54 AM

Quote:
What about the younger generation. When you aren't worried about the punishment what's the incentive to not do the crime?
I remember a survey where most of these young guys did not think they would live past 30.

Old 04-21-2022, 07:57 AM

Quote:
When individuals have a "shoot first, ask questions later " mindset, many people aren't going to think about their actions. When "kill or be killed is the rule", violence comes with it. When a major response to perceived disrespect is violence, I don't think making people wear pink will be enough. Short term thinking, a mentality of "shoot first and ask questions later", the Deep levels of anger and rage, making prisoners wear pink won't solve that. When you have many individuals who don't see themselves living to age 30, or they see themselves as having little to nothing to live for, or they don't care if they live or die, making prisoners wear pink will not work.

Old 04-21-2022, 08:02 AM

Quote:
I remember a survey where most of these young guys did not think they would live past 30.
You actually get it. Many young men seem cavalier about the possibility of dying young. When you have young men who don'tcare if they live or die, combined with rage, and a lack of respect for anyone else, pink in prison will not solve any problems.

Old 04-21-2022, 08:09 AM

Quote:
I have worked in white projects and black projects. Both are mostly single women with several kids, both have revolving door boyfriends and both have high drug use. The main difference is that murders are rare in the white ones and common in the black ones. Why?
Better yet, why are the vast majority of Black homicides in urban areas? I notice that it gets less violent in rural areas.

Old 04-21-2022, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
You actually get it. Many young men seem cavalier about the possibility of dying young. When you have young men who don'tcare if they live or die, combined with rage, and a lack of respect for anyone else, pink in prison will not solve any problems.
But why do they have more rage than young white guys in the same circumstances?

Old 04-21-2022, 08:12 AM

14,413 posts, read 22,558,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"You want to live in a country where the police can pull you over arrest you based on looks alone??"

NOT TRUE!

Try doing SOME research BEFORE making false claims and you won't look so foolish.
Look who I was responding to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies