Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2022, 09:50 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,832,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
He didn't punch out the guy.

While I didn't see him even punch anyone and if you have the video please link! What I saw on TMZ was someone annoying the F out of Tyson. Then cut. Then resume filming to the passenger with a little bit of blood on the face.

This is not punching out, maybe Tyson slapped the B ch, and he got a scratch on his temple.

As someone who has actually competed in boxing before, I know that the head bleeds a lot relative to the injury. I've had it where you could barely see with the blood going into your eyes, but the cut was actually small. Since this jokster is barely bleeding, he's fine.
Tyson can rest comfortably knowing that you "got his back".

How long have you been his lawyer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2022, 09:56 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
No you are wrong. People are wondering why, when raised under the same circumstances, young black men are more apt to be violent than young white men.
Then why are there so many posts that evoke anger towards Blacks, and racial animus in general? And why should I not be bothered by this. You say I'm wrong. I'm tired of hearing what I'm hearing.

And for what it's worth. I've rarely ever asked such questions. I've always been more concerned about what affects me and me personally.

Old 04-22-2022, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachGecko View Post
He didn't punch out the guy.

While I didn't see him even punch anyone and if you have the video please link! What I saw on TMZ was someone annoying the F out of Tyson. Then cut. Then resume filming to the passenger with a little bit of blood on the face.

This is not punching out, maybe Tyson slapped the B ch, and he got a scratch on his temple.

As someone who has actually competed in boxing before, I know that the head bleeds a lot relative to the injury. I've had it where you could barely see with the blood going into your eyes, but the cut was actually small. Since this jokster is barely bleeding, he's fine.
Mike Tyson is a dummy and has a history of violence. He's ghetto and could never give that up.

Contrast this with Dr. Ben Carson, Dr. Regina Benjamin, those are totally different people.

Old 04-22-2022, 10:20 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,832,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Then why are there so many posts that evoke anger towards Blacks, and racial animus in general? And why should I not be bothered by this. You say I'm wrong. I'm tired of hearing what I'm hearing.

And for what it's worth. I've rarely ever asked such questions. I've always been more concerned about what affects me and me personally.
When a mountain of evidence indicates that something is true, but you don't want it to be true, it can be difficult to face.

Black people, as a group, are the most violent cohort in America. That doesn't mean that every last one is violent.

You can rationalize that violence by pointing out past injustices, but it doesn't change statistics.

People come to CD to express their outrage at shocking violence and you tend to see "racial animus" and take it personally.

Old 04-22-2022, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
When a mountain of evidence indicates that something is true, but you don't want it to be true, it can be difficult to face.

Black people, as a group, are the most violent cohort in America. That doesn't mean that every last one is violent.

You can rationalize that violence by pointing out past injustices, but it doesn't change statistics.

People come to CD to express their outrage at shocking violence and you tend to see "racial animus" and take it personally.
Yes I take things personally. That's how I am and I'm not changing. I've dealt with enough bigots in my life that I just write alot of people off. I just trying to be an individual. My efforts should speak for ME. Hard to do when there are individual using the very worst of America's Black population, and applying it across the board. I'm trying to live FOR ME and ME ONLY.

Okay, what will I get out of being okay with people saying "Blacks are the most violent cohort in America, and we don't want them around as a result "? What's in it for me? What do I get out of it that is tangible and would actually help me live a better life? BTW, I am a middle class, white collar professional, educated, and not part of the underclass. When I ask those questions, take that in mind.

Old 04-22-2022, 10:37 AM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Yes I take things personally. That's how I am and I'm not changing. I've dealt with enough bigots in my life that I just write alot of people off. I just trying to be an individual. My efforts should speak for ME. Hard to do when there are individual using the very worst of America's Black population, and applying it across the board. I'm trying to live FOR ME and ME ONLY.

Okay, what will I get out of being okay with people saying "Blacks are the most violent cohort in America, and we don't want them around as a result "? What's in it for me? What do I get out of it that is tangible and would actually help me live a better life? BTW, I am a middle class, white collar professional, educated, and not part of the underclass. When I ask those questions, take that in mind.
But can't you see that when young men are raised in the same kind of environment, black men tend to be more violent than white ones. You only have to look at facts and figures.

Old 04-22-2022, 10:39 AM

Quote:
But can't you see that when young men are raised in the same kind of environment, black men tend to be more violent than white ones. You only have to look at facts and figures.
Not really. I've been around suburban raised Blacks as well as suburban raised Whites. I haven't seen much of a difference.

Old 04-22-2022, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Not really. I've been around suburban raised Blacks as well as suburban raised Whites. I haven't seen much of a difference.
Then you don't believe the crime statistics?

Old 04-22-2022, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Then you don't believe the crime statistics?
Well, I look at what I'm seeing on these posts vs what I'm seeing in real life. The only violence I have ever seen or experienced from Black people came from Black people from the projects or Blacks who were raised in underclass surroundings. Middle class Blacks, upper class Blacks, Blacks within the white collar professional ranks, never had a problem.

Remember, I've posted crime statistics myself on other threads, including one about Black homicide rates. My point is that the lions share of Black homicides and violence are among the underclass. I've seldom ever seen it from middle class/white collar Black people. What I am seeing are people coming here to promote the "Black people are violent regardless", which I find to be a lie.

Old 04-22-2022, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Well, I look at what I'm seeing on these posts vs what I'm seeing in real life. The only violence I have ever seen or experienced from Black people came from Black people from the projects or Blacks who were raised in underclass surroundings. Middle class Blacks, upper class Blacks, Blacks within the white collar professional ranks, never had a problem.

Remember, I've posted crime statistics myself on other threads, including one about Black homicide rates. My point is that the lions share of Black homicides and violence are among the underclass. I've seldom ever seen it from middle class/white collar Black people. What I am seeing are people coming here to promote the "Black people are violent regardless", which I find to be a lie.
Why are the statistics not as bad among the white "underclass"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies