Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2022, 06:48 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,846,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I get a kick out of news like this...Law enforcement acts like they made some HUGE bust and they will go on and on how this bust will take LOTS of drugs off the streets! HA HA

Kind of funny how all the past HUGE drug busts, raids, discoveries at the border, airports, etc...it never seems to have any effect on the overall accessibility of illegal drugs!

I can remember the days when I was fully addicted to dope, people I hung around at that time, dealers and other addicts would hear of HUGE drug busts and raids nearby, (like at CVG airport) or a really big one when they pulled over an out of state car on the expressway...none of it ever impacted the accessibility or consistency in my area...

It still blows me away, to think, in 8+ yrs, my 'connections' were NEVER once out or low in supply. I cannot wrap my head around that, in fact of the numerous dealers I knew, they were swimming in the stuff, and they could never catch up to demand.

I think a lot of these big drug busts we see in the headlines are just propaganda, (to make the good people believe law enforcement is making progress on the drug problem, or they 'saved lives' by taking these drugs off the street. LOL ( but in reality, it didnt save anyone or decrease the amount at all).

When I talk to people about my past drug problem, I can clearly see the ones that have NO CLUE as to how extensive this problem really is, they hear drug busts and arrests and automatically believe police are making progress. (they are not and have not for decades)...

" In order to keep arresting people for drugs, to keep seizing cash and property...the supply of drugs MUST be consistent, otherwise dealers in the US would have little to no drugs to sell". (cannot arrest and convict and justify future budget money...if dealers have no drugs to sell).
I am a long time on and off again volunteer at a hospital detox/ in patient treatment facility. Based on everything I have heard/ learned over the years, big sensational busts don’t raise an eyebrow. There is no street impact. And illegal immigrants don’t control the retail market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2022, 06:59 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,846,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
If weren't for the US junky customer this woman would've had to facilitate her own illegal entry into the US.

Yes smuggles, dealers are ruthless criminal organizations who would conduct business the same way wether it be loosy cigarettes or candy bars and should be prosecuted. But until demand subsides these people will part of the landscape.
We know nothing about how/ when this duo immigrated.

We know nothing about how/ when the drugs entered the US.

Old 04-22-2022, 07:03 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,664,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I am a long time on and off again volunteer at a hospital detox/ in patient treatment facility. Based on everything I have heard/ learned over the years, big sensational busts don’t raise an eyebrow. There is no street impact. And illegal immigrants don’t control the retail market.
Hmm, when I see 'big drug busts or raids', I see law enforcement celebrating the bust, they take pictures of everything they recovered, usually placed on a table, large amounts of cash, usually some guns and lots and lots of drugs, sometimes all the police involved in the bust will stand behind the table for the picture, (making it look like they believe they really accomplished something big).

In abnormally large drug busts and raids, it will be on the local or national news, they make it a point to show all the things they recovered.

I guess its just an attempt to keep public support up for the overall drug war? If they make it appear like they are making progress, more people will be inclined to support future efforts and more enforcement of drug laws...

But when you look underneath all that 'propaganda', the drug war has failed miserably, the only thing the laws are causing, is the brutal and violent cartels continue to grow their power and wealth, thats it...(this is why I believe so strongly there is collusion at the highest levels of federal law enforcement), its the only explanation! In all likelihood, those big drug busts/raids were intentionally planned, (just the cost of doing business),its well worth it to loose a few million in product/cash, if you will take in 100s of millions at the end of the year, and they are not really loosing any money due to these big busts, the cost of growing, and producing the drugs is very small, the 'retail markup' on these drugs is in the 1000s %.

Old 04-22-2022, 08:02 AM

63,096 posts, read 29,284,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
If weren't for the US junky customer this woman would've had to facilitate her own illegal entry into the US.

Yes smuggles, dealers are ruthless criminal organizations who would conduct business the same way wether it be loosy cigarettes or candy bars and should be prosecuted. But until demand subsides these people will part of the landscape.
On the other hand if there were no supplies there would be less users.

Old 04-22-2022, 08:09 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,664,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
On the other hand if there were no supplies there would be less users.
WOW, its looks like you are starting to see the light finally! LOL

The drug laws are facilitating the violence, crime and brutality, and ensuring it will continue into the future...and that essentially makes the DEA, (and other narco law enforcement)... terrorist organizations, by definition.

Old 04-22-2022, 08:42 AM

63,096 posts, read 29,284,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
WOW, its looks like you are starting to see the light finally! LOL

The drug laws are facilitating the violence, crime and brutality, and ensuring it will continue into the future...and that essentially makes the DEA, (and other narco law enforcement)... terrorist organizations, by definition.
Finally seeing the light? Both the suppliers and the users are equally guilty and I have always said that. However if someone wants to claim that if there were no users there would be no suppliers then that applies in reverse to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies