Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2022, 09:42 AM

408 posts, read 290,770 times

Advertisements

I feel bad that I like the taste of the 4th of July hamburger and the jumbo hotdog With mustard and relish

Or the medium rare steak with the yummy Louisiana barbecue sauce and the crisp slow-cooked North Carolina baby-back ribs

And the yummy lobster rolls of cape cod and the Boston chowder clam and calamari and the caper and smoked salmon bagel with the Philadelphia cream cheese

Those Philly cheese steaks , the Wisconsin cheddar and the beef strogonaff ….

Texas ribeye steak with sweet potato heated in Carmel and roasted marshmallows

Maryland carb cakes with tartar sauce. Alaska king crab …. Chinese Mongolian beef

Italian sausage pizza Chicago deep dish

Swedish meatballs savory white sauce IKEA style

Chicago steakhouses with the steak knife

Vermont shepherds pie

California sushi

Brisket, ground beef, top rounds, flank, sirloin, filet minyan, tenderloins, ribs, bottom , cow tongue ….

I feel guilty these foods make my mouth water and I feel like a terrible person for it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2022, 10:12 AM

25,702 posts, read 18,781,503 times
Must be hell living your life around basing your choices on what others might think of you.

Suggestion: give them the middle finger and eat what you like. If that is veggies, fine. If it is meats, fine. If it's a diet of Ramen noodles three times a day, fine. Your choice, not theirs.

Old 04-05-2022, 10:16 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,516,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Must be hell living your life around basing your choices on what others might think of you.

Suggestion: give them the middle finger and eat what you like. If that is veggies, fine. If it is meats, fine. If it's a diet of Ramen noodles three times a day, fine. Your choice, not theirs.
Agreed. OP, you do you. Screw what anyone else might be thinking and don't allow them to have outposts in your head. It's your life. I literally had a hamburger for breakfast today.

Old 04-05-2022, 10:19 AM

1,952 posts, read 827,682 times
Eat what you like and do not feel guilty about anything from your skin color to yeah....what you put in your mouth.

Old 04-05-2022, 10:25 AM

45,541 posts, read 27,160,554 times
Feeling guilty for not being Vegan/vegetarian do you feel bad?

Absolutely not.

I actually scratch my head at everyone who eats fake meat. Being a vegetarian with veggies only - that I get. Fake meat... why?

Old 04-05-2022, 10:42 AM

4,542 posts, read 2,266,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

Absolutely not.

I actually scratch my head at everyone who eats fake meat. Being a vegetarian with veggies only - that I get. Fake meat... why?

Why? As a vegetarian/vegan I can tell you why. I did not stop eating meat because I did not like the taste of it. I stopped because I love animals and realized that I could not love animals AND support factory farming. So I stopped eating anything that used to be alive. But having said that, it's nice once in a while to have a "burger", even if it's fake. It allows many more people to become vegetarian/vegan which I believe is a good thing.

I do not preach about what others eat. And outside of factory farming (small farm operations), where animals are killed humanely, I don't really have a problem with eating them.

I don't judge you and you should not judge me.

Old 04-05-2022, 10:44 AM

18,720 posts, read 7,599,790 times

You're joking, right?

I once heard an anthropologist say that medium-to-large creatures that evolved over the last few million years to eat plants, have their two eyes on opposite sides of their heads, able to look more easily to the sides as well as looking straight ahead, for defensive purposes. They can more easily see the larger view all around them without turning their head, so they can see whoever is coming after them. Think of horses, sheep, etc.

Creatures that evolved to eat meat, have their two eyes on the front of their heads, for a better view of whoever they are attacking and killing. And they don't so much care who is coming from the sides since most other creatures know better than to try it. Think of dogs, cats (large and small), apes etc.

Creatures evolved to eat plants, also have much bigger and thicker teeth, necessary since eating plants (especially without hands) involved scooping up small amounts of dirt with each bite, which is abrasive and can wear the teeth much more quickly, so plant-eaters with large teeth tended to live longer. Where animals evolved to eat meat, have smaller, sharper teeth (closer to fangs), suitable for gripping other animals, tearing off pieces etc.

Since you brought up the subject.... which are you?

Take the hint.

Last edited by Roboteer; 04-05-2022 at 10:58 AM..

Old 04-05-2022, 10:46 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,591,959 times
Generally, someone or something must make you feel guilty - subliminally or otherwise. You need to ask yourself who is making your feel the guilt?

Old 04-05-2022, 10:49 AM

17,302 posts, read 12,233,399 times
Seeing the reality of industrial farms, I prefer more ethically raised livestock from the local butcher. Is that a form of guilt? Maybe, but the quality is also much better.

Old 04-05-2022, 10:51 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,279,929 times
Not after seeing this.... beware not for the squeamish. I do prefer buying beef and eggs from local farmers these days over industrial operations though, but I understand the necessity of these operations for bringing inexpensive meat to the masses. They are also more green (carbon footprint, land use) than if we tried to do it all locally with small farms, even though you wouldn't think so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3M2PKw3CFY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies