Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2022, 10:28 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,981,308 times

Advertisements

The very first bit of business I would do is, declare Marshall law in the country, then freeze all wages, and prices of everything.
I would have teams of qualified investigators find ways to make America self sufficient without any foreign intervention.
I would sign an eo prohibiting any imports to this country, as well as exports.
I would approach the congress in an effort to have price rollbacks on everything, including wages.

Somewhere along the way, America lost it's way, and as president I would try and fine when , and how that happened, and make the necessary adjustments.
Why on earth are we dependent of foreign nations for our survival?

Our grocery store shelves are empty because of something called supply chain., meaning most, if not all grocery store items are being imported.
Why are we not producing these items in our own country?
The farms in this nation could provide enough food to supply the nation, but somewhere along the way farmers were told they need to export their products.

We need to get back to providing for ourselves, instead of relying on foreign nations to do it for us.
As president, I would work with the congress to pass laws restricting foreign intervention of any kind, and that would include dismantling ALL foreign owned businesses in the country.
For many ,many years America depended on Americans to furnish all that was needed to sustain the country, but sadly we drifted away in favor of a global economy.
I think it is time for the United States to forget about a global economy, and concentrate on America, and get back to what made it the greatest country on the face of the planet.
I think we became lazy, and complacent, which opened the doors to foreign intervention.

This would be a long and tedious undertaking, and as president, I would make it my sworn duty to end this insatiable appetite for a global economy.
" America first, and always."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2022, 10:42 PM

5,742 posts, read 4,701,984 times
Sounds more like "If you were King".

Old 04-26-2022, 10:43 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,613,748 times
What gave you the idea that the President has any authority to do any of those things?

Old 04-26-2022, 10:45 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
The very first bit of business I would do is, declare Marshall law in the country, then freeze all wages, and prices of everything.
I would have teams of qualified investigators find ways to make America self sufficient without any foreign intervention.
I would sign an eo prohibiting any imports to this country, as well as exports.
I would approach the congress in an effort to have price rollbacks on everything, including wages.

Somewhere along the way, America lost it's way, and as president I would try and fine when , and how that happened, and make the necessary adjustments.
Why on earth are we dependent of foreign nations for our survival?

Our grocery store shelves are empty because of something called supply chain., meaning most, if not all grocery store items are being imported.
Why are we not producing these items in our own country?
The farms in this nation could provide enough food to supply the nation, but somewhere along the way farmers were told they need to export their products.

We need to get back to providing for ourselves, instead of relying on foreign nations to do it for us.
As president, I would work with the congress to pass laws restricting foreign intervention of any kind, and that would include dismantling ALL foreign owned businesses in the country.
For many ,many years America depended on Americans to furnish all that was needed to sustain the country, but sadly we drifted away in favor of a global economy.
I think it is time for the United States to forget about a global economy, and concentrate on America, and get back to what made it the greatest country on the face of the planet.
I think we became lazy, and complacent, which opened the doors to foreign intervention.

This would be a long and tedious undertaking, and as president, I would make it my sworn duty to end this insatiable appetite for a global economy.
" America first, and always."
What utterly absurd things written above. For starters, my grocery stores are not empty. I repeat my grocery shelves are not empty. I'm sorry, CALGUY, if you're writing from a different planet. You could never be my president, that is for sure! You only know how to make things even worse! Do you know of anybody who wants to work in America for $1 hour to get paid working on an assembly line stamping out stuff Wal-Mart sells? NO!

Old 04-27-2022, 12:13 AM

2,284 posts, read 637,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
What utterly absurd things written above. For starters, my grocery stores are not empty. I repeat my grocery shelves are not empty. I'm sorry, CALGUY, if you're writing from a different planet. You could never be my president, that is for sure! You only know how to make things even worse! Do you know of anybody who wants to work in America for $1 hour to get paid working on an assembly line stamping out stuff Wal-Mart sells? NO!
Yes, but if they were a vegetable with an administration that were trannies who wanted to push sexuality on kindergartners, you'd vote them in enthusiastically

Old 04-27-2022, 12:24 AM

8,555 posts, read 10,981,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
What do you have against America being self sufficient, without need for foreign intervention?

Old 04-27-2022, 12:33 AM

3,006 posts, read 1,493,780 times
Someone who doesn't know the difference between martial and marshal(l) could match our current level of president puppets.

Old 04-27-2022, 04:29 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Manipulating the free market never works. Or did you miss the Housing crash that ruined our economy?

Old 04-27-2022, 04:34 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,853,083 times
I would fine any body with feelings. ( Sarcasm )

Old 04-27-2022, 04:45 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,302,333 times
Quote:
One of the things that made America great was America's economic power partly empowered by the freedom we enjoy under capitalism.

The Soviet Union tried all the things you laid out and failed miserably. Do try taking a free history courses, then some basic economics class from schools teaching the virtues of capitalism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies