Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2022, 02:44 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,772,121 times

Advertisements

Curious as to how this will work in a Liberal's mind.

When Trump won the 2016 election fair and square, many Liberals claimed they were going to leave the country. Some moving to Canada they claimed. I'm not aware of many people who followed through on that.

Liberals loved Tesla vehicles because it signaled to all their friends they are liberal and they love the planet more than the next guy.

Now that Elon is buying Liberal's safe space in Twitter, they are now calling Elon racist (Joy Reid).

Will Liberals sell their Tesla vehicles now in boycott?

Will Liberals now move to Canada or some other country?

How is all this going to play out for Liberals? Things they cherish are becoming at odds with things they cherish.

Imagine being in a Liberal's mind right now and looking at the cross currents zapping every thought they have.

Last edited by Stephan A Smith; 04-27-2022 at 02:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2022, 03:01 PM

4,561 posts, read 2,282,567 times
For sure it is a conundrum for the left much like a Muslim baker having to bake a cake for Jews.

Old 04-28-2022, 08:19 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,772,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
For sure it is a conundrum for the left much like a Muslim baker having to bake a cake for Jews.
Yep. It's fun watching them melt down. Such great entertainment.

Reminds me. I need to pick up some more popcorn.

Old 04-28-2022, 09:00 AM

29,548 posts, read 14,701,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Yep. It's fun watching them melt down. Such great entertainment.

Reminds me. I need to pick up some more popcorn.
That it is !

Old 04-28-2022, 09:05 AM

9 posts, read 5,137 times
Picture a basket of tomatoes and a man just purchased said basket. Some of the tomatoes are worried, while others are excited. The man’s plan for the tomatoes are to his benefit, and not the tomatoes.

Idk, I was trying to come up for a metaphor for the relationship between Americans and billionaires. No they don’t actually care about you. At all. What do you expect from someone who’s infamous for disregarding worker’s rights?

Old 04-28-2022, 09:12 AM

8,946 posts, read 2,971,484 times
On one hand, they want to "Save the World" and virtue signal by buying a cool Tesla.

On the other hand, Elon Musk is Hitler / Trump Junior, so the value of their virtue signal just crashed.

What to do, what to do?

Old 04-28-2022, 10:59 AM

37,956 posts, read 17,896,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniDuck View Post
Picture a basket of tomatoes and a man just purchased said basket. Some of the tomatoes are worried, while others are excited. The man’s plan for the tomatoes are to his benefit, and not the tomatoes.

Idk, I was trying to come up for a metaphor for the relationship between Americans and billionaires. No they don’t actually care about you. At all. What do you expect from someone who’s infamous for disregarding worker’s rights?
Do the tomatoes benefit? That's what should matter to the tomatoes.

Old 04-28-2022, 07:20 PM

29,843 posts, read 24,947,456 times
Is Elon Musk even conservative? He seems more like Joe Rogan politically. And there was the times he was on various podcasts smoking pot. Doesn't sound all that conservative to me, although there certainly are some conservatives that will spark one up.

Old 04-28-2022, 07:53 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,191,016 times
I have a friend with a Tesla. I like it. Smart car. Smooth ride and it can drive itself. I was a little unsettled at times, but as autonomous cars become more prevalent in the coming years, I'll get used to it as will we all.

Old 04-28-2022, 07:54 PM

29,607 posts, read 16,586,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Is Elon Musk even conservative? He seems more like Joe Rogan politically. And there was the times he was on various podcasts smoking pot. Doesn't sound all that conservative to me, although there certainly are some conservatives that will spark one up.
He is a leftist economically and supposedly libertarian on social issues.

This thread basically exists over the argument of Conservatives trying to claim they understand liberals and its clear none here do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies