Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2022, 11:34 AM

29,548 posts, read 14,701,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
You do have somewhat of a point there.

I was an old school liberal. Today's liberals are foreign to me and they are why I left the Democrat party.

When I talk about liberals, I'm talking about today's style of liberal that have taken over control of the media, schools and the Democrat party.

Old school liberals would be against much of what today's liberals stand for.
I just call them leftists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2022, 01:24 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,167,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I just call them leftists.
I do too. I'm a conservative that lives in Seattle. Most of my friends are liberals. None of my friends are leftists. Leftists want no part of me and I want no part of leftists. Big difference between liberals and leftists. Liberals I can tolerate. Leftists? Too loud, odd, obnoxious and controlling for my liking.

Old 04-29-2022, 01:45 PM

1,713 posts, read 619,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Liberals understand themselves, conservatives simply have a warped view of political purity and believe if you criticize someone, you must now hate them entirely.
Funny. I don’t see conservatives doxxing and cancelling people. That’s the left’s operating model.

Old 04-29-2022, 01:47 PM

1,713 posts, read 619,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
You do have somewhat of a point there.

I was an old school liberal. Today's liberals are foreign to me and they are why I left the Democrat party.

When I talk about liberals, I'm talking about today's style of liberal that have taken over control of the media, schools and the Democrat party.

Old school liberals would be against much of what today's liberals stand for.
What percentage of modern democrats are liberals vs leftists? From my view it sure seems like many of them are leftists.

Old 04-29-2022, 01:50 PM

17,014 posts, read 12,612,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I have a friend with a Tesla. I like it. Smart car. Smooth ride and it can drive itself. I was a little unsettled at times, but as autonomous cars become more prevalent in the coming years, I'll get used to it as will we all.
Awesome cars when they run. If something goes wrong... Nightmare company to deal with and proprietary service.

Overall take.

If Antifa has a Twitter, Trump can have one. The left bias and freak out of Musk buying Twitter is funny. Left of center talking about corporate rights is funny. The zealots on the left making up wild claims about right of center nutty zealots being more dangerous than the left nutty zealots is downright hilarious.

Old 04-29-2022, 05:20 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,772,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
What percentage of modern democrats are liberals vs leftists? From my view it sure seems like many of them are leftists.
I'm not sure, but I think the wrongs ones seem to be driving horrific policy in education, business, media and government.

Old 04-29-2022, 06:06 PM

11,148 posts, read 10,723,889 times
Quote:
Liberals understand themselves, conservatives simply have a warped view of political purity and believe if you criticize someone, you must now hate them entirely.
I’ve never had a conservative stop talking to me because we disagreed over something political, and it happens fairly often. The list of “liberals” who no longer speak to me over political disagreements - both real and imagined - could probably fill a journal.

The fact that the same people (“liberals”) who claimed that corporations don’t pay their fair share are ticked off by the fact Disney now has to pay their fair share says volumes about how the “liberal” mind works.

“Liberals” of today don’t deserve the name. Most of their beliefs are antithetical to true liberalism.

Old 04-29-2022, 09:51 PM

29,607 posts, read 16,577,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
Funny. I don’t see conservatives doxxing and cancelling people. That’s the left’s operating model.
Both sides do that, i think you live in a political bubble

Old 04-29-2022, 09:55 PM

29,607 posts, read 16,577,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
I’ve never had a conservative stop talking to me because we disagreed over something political, and it happens fairly often. The list of “liberals” who no longer speak to me over political disagreements - both real and imagined - could probably fill a journal.
Liberals dont stop speaking to friends over taxes, thats political. We stop speaking to you guys over things like racism and homophobia.

You and your right wing friends likely dont debate those subjects.

Quote:
The fact that the same people (“liberals”) who claimed that corporations don’t pay their fair share are ticked off by the fact Disney now has to pay their fair share says volumes about how the “liberal” mind works.
You are proving my point, liberals arent ticked that Disney is paying their fair share, we are literally just pointing out your hypocrisy on the subject , yall are attacking a businesses for its views, specifically, not being homophobic.

Also, Disney isnt going to be paying higher taxes overall, they technically are going to get a tax break.

Old 04-29-2022, 11:29 PM

11,148 posts, read 10,723,889 times
Quote:
Liberals dont stop speaking to friends over taxes, thats political. We stop speaking to you guys over things like racism and homophobia.

You and your right wing friends likely dont debate those subjects.

You are proving my point, liberals arent ticked that Disney is paying their fair share, we are literally just pointing out your hypocrisy on the subject , yall are attacking a businesses for its views, specifically, not being homophobic.

Also, Disney isnt going to be paying higher taxes overall, they technically are going to get a tax break.
Why are you assuming I’m a conservative? Because we disagree over the Disney issue? I’m actually in favor of all special tax districts being abolished, and I don’t particularly care how it happens. For that matter, I’m in favor of a total revamp of our tax structure. Then again, I’m also in favor of abolishing warning labels and letting evolution function as intended. If you need a warning label to keep you from using a hair dryer in the shower, the gene pool is better off if you go ahead and do it.

As for hypocrisy, no self-proclaimed “liberal” should be calling out anyone for that. We’ve been watching hypocrisy in action front and center since 2016 when the “liberals” went down the rabbit hole of collusion, mostly peaceful protests, and “fact checkers”. Anyone who calls themself a liberal while simultaneously rooting for censorship needs to look up the actual definition of liberalism.

Disney is actually going to be paying more in the long run. One of the perks that the special tax district provided was the ability to not follow building codes and not having to pull permits. Construction costs alone are going to hit Disney like a freight train once they have to pull permits for every bit of renovation they undertake, and that’s just one of a myriad of ways that Disney was avoiding paying “their fair share” to the government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies