Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2022, 12:34 PM

18,917 posts, read 8,549,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Our economy is in sad shape and looks like it's going to get worse. Are you moving around your money in preparation?

Let's go Brandon!
There are certainly concerns, but IMO not like pre-2008. So I will not be going whole hog defensive. The War and Pandemic are 2 large uncertainties, but I think will resolve themselves short/medium term.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2022, 12:36 PM

1,012 posts, read 1,075,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Our economy is in sad shape and looks like it's going to get worse. Are you moving around your money in preparation?

Let's go Brandon!

Not where I am- we can't hire enough new people fast enough we are so busy and flooded with work.

Old 04-28-2022, 12:38 PM

3,987 posts, read 6,597,198 times
Yes - from under a queen sized mattress to a king sized. Thankfully we are doing fine.

Old 04-28-2022, 12:40 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,053,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post
I'm not worried.

Biden says the economic shrinkage is just "technical".

And when has he ever been wrong?
Agreed~!

We need to 'have faith' in our Fearless Leader Dementia Joe!
When has he failed us?

"Never under-estimate Joe's ability to F**k things up ~~!'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlba...l=KedrickSwain

Old 04-28-2022, 12:42 PM

17,025 posts, read 12,646,263 times
Watching one side basically cheering bad news is depressing.
Not that the other side did not do the exact same during Trump.

Old 04-28-2022, 12:49 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,779,030 times
I have 12 stocks I am buying in blocks over the course of several months. Once the markets get confirmation the Democrat's days of over the top spending are over, I expect my stock picks to work out well.

Fortunately I have plenty of money to invest. I feel bad for working folks who are getting absolutely crushed by Biden's failed policies and won't benefit financially from the destruction Biden and the Democrats want.

Old 04-28-2022, 12:55 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,721,805 times
Invest in the Russian Ruble. Russia is a gold mine of natural resources to put up for sale.

Old 04-28-2022, 12:58 PM

9 posts, read 5,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
I have 12 stocks I am buying in blocks over the course of several months. Once the markets get confirmation the Democrat's days of over the top spending are over, I expect my stock picks to work out well.

Fortunately I have plenty of money to invest. I feel bad for working folks who are getting absolutely crushed by Biden's failed policies and won't benefit financially from the destruction Biden and the Democrats want.
It’s interesting. I’m reading posts about buying stocks and all that. But that’s mostly people that are already well to do. The average person trying to balance rent and food is not exactly thinking about that. Not putting this as a slight on you. Just how different in tents of thinking.

One side’s view is long term, “no biggie I’ll just move some stocks”. While the average person’s view on life is:

Your right, they’re gonna get crushed.

But I don’t blame 1 president or 1 party. I blame a system we kept running for decades. Why do you think younger generations see the problems within it?

Old 04-28-2022, 12:59 PM

18,917 posts, read 8,549,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post

What sort of stocks? And when do you think federal spending will stop?

Old 04-28-2022, 01:07 PM

4,464 posts, read 1,743,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniDuck View Post
It’s interesting. I’m reading posts about buying stocks and all that. But that’s mostly people that are already well to do. The average person trying to balance rent and food is not exactly thinking about that. Not putting this as a slight on you. Just how different in tents of thinking.

One side’s view is long term, “no biggie I’ll just move some stocks”. While the average person’s view on life is:

Your right, they’re gonna get crushed.

But I don’t blame 1 president or 1 party. I blame a system we kept running for decades. Why do you think younger generations see the problems within it?
Yeah, I agree. I was on the poorer side during the last recession, and all I needed to do was survive. This time around, I am in a very different position. I'm about to get a raise of 8-9% in about a month or so, and since I don’t need it, it's all going to my 401(k) to lower my AGI for student loan purposes.That's about the only change i’m making, which is investing more in my retirement. Otherwise, I expect to be fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies