Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2022, 10:03 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,116,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Correct but more to the point those gangs didn't used to run wild in downtown STL, they were for the most part concentrated in the black neighborhoods of north St. Louis.
They ran all over the downtown as long ago as the 1960s.

Old 05-01-2022, 10:04 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,013,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
St Louis is one of the most segregated cities in the nation. Washington Avenue, where this activity was taking place, used to be a stark dividing line. North of Washington was black ghettos, south of Washington was where white people lived.
North of Washinton Avenue is Ghetto.

The real dividing line is Delmar.

But the Ghetto has spread out and now runs amuck in the downtown business district and many parts of south city.

Old 05-01-2022, 10:05 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,754,154 times
Another thread bashing blacks. Yep. That will get them to vote for your candidate .

Old 05-01-2022, 10:07 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,116,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Another thread bashing blacks. Yep. That will get them to vote for your candidate .
Not bashing, just telling the truth. They have made areas of the city dangerous.

Old 05-01-2022, 10:15 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
St Louis has had violent street gangs for at least 50 years and they are not white.
But now, suddenly, white supremacists have become the biggest problem facing St. Louis and all of America. How could this have happened??

Old 05-01-2022, 10:40 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,754,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Not bashing, just telling the truth. They have made areas of the city dangerous.
And they don't vote. But guess what...... Middle class hard working blacks do and they read your posts and will vote against whoever you put up as a candidate.

Fun fact. Trump lost the black vote cause of the hard core alt right Storefront crowd. You can't win igniting the black vote against you every election cycle.

Next point. Let me guess. Build more jails?

Old 05-01-2022, 11:03 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,198,572 times
Quote:
And they don't vote. But guess what...... Middle class hard working blacks do and they read your posts and will vote against whoever you put up as a candidate.

Fun fact. Trump lost the black vote cause of the hard core alt right Storefront crowd. You can't win igniting the black vote against you every election cycle.

Next point. Let me guess. Build more jails?
I’d wager hard working middle class blacks don’t support the crime and violence going on in their city and want it cleaned up. I’d also wager they couldn’t care less about one poster who’s simply recognizing a problem and not voting for their candidate.

Unfortunately, the revolving doors of justice let criminals and violent criminals back on the streets too quickly. Harsher punishments, solitary confinement, capital punishment for violent criminals, etc…, and sending a message to criminals that consequences are going to be extremely harsh would certainly help.

Old 05-02-2022, 07:03 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,449,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
I just spent a week in StL and didn’t see anything that seemed over the top. I heard some loud cars… but that seems fairly common. Street racing is a cheap thrill everywhere until the police step in. I don’t know why you think politics or racial targeting is part of this.
I spent a week in Mexico and I didn't see any cartel violence. It must not exist.

Old 05-02-2022, 07:13 AM

29,813 posts, read 24,895,387 times
Quote:

Very often, the truth offends people. Like crime stats. The truth is the truth though and can never be racist.

What is racist is making up a bunch of lies to smear another race, and that should never be tolerated. In fact, in America, it's not tolerated at all.

You know who is trashing blacks the most today??? Other blacks. See black on black crime stats to see what I'm talking about. I would say the democratic party with all their poisonous hatred, division and lies are not helping.

Old 05-02-2022, 07:22 AM

78,360 posts, read 60,556,941 times
Quote:
Actually it's mocking the racially divisive claims that are constantly be leveled at Republicans that "white supremacists" are behind every bush, street light and subway sandwich shop.

For example: The Atlanta spa shootings were lied about by the Pres & VP and the sheriff was even threatened with firing for not saying the shooting was racially motivated.

How did you feel about that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies