Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support a nationwide abortion ban?
Yes, I support a nationwide six week abortion ban 17 12.98%
No, I support states passing their own abortion laws 100 76.34%
I support a nationwide abortion ban but longer than six weeks 14 10.69%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2022, 02:17 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,967,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
You're welcome. I don't often talk about my abortion, but I think it's important for people like me to come forward and explain why we believe abortion should remain accessible to those who end to end their pregnancies, and just so we're clear, it did not resemble your graphic description of the procedure at all.
The method depends on how far along the baby is. Just so we're clear.

And no matter what age? Abortion kills babies. There is no getting around that simple fact.

22,278 posts, read 21,763,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
There are no word games.

There is biology, though. You seem to be unable to acknowledge it.

Here you go .... I know it's going to hurt ... stay with me ...

When a woman is pregnant, she is having a baby. An abortion kills the baby. That's why after the abortion, she isn;t pregnant any more.

Because you can't be pregnant without a BABY. There is no such thing as a non-baby pregnancy.
Ever heard of a molar pregnancy? Not a baby.

And what about a tubal pregnancy? Also very common. That will never become a baby. Those have to be aborted or the mother can die.

As as for your comment that every pregnancy ends in a baby...that's just ignorant. Up to 30% of pregnancies end in spontaneous miscarriage.

Seems like you're the one who needs to brush up on his reproductive biology.

41,995 posts, read 75,304,387 times
Quote:
So why would you choose to willingly have unprotected sex with a man who doesn't give a chit about you when you would be faced with such heartache and tragedy and a completely destroyed life never to recover
Are you new to this relationship thing? Do you realize that nothing always stays the same? That there are no guarantees in life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

These words are not state-specific, they are meaningful to ALL Americans. Bedrock foundational issues of human rights must transcend state lines.
Exactly. There's a reason the Supreme Court ruled on the issue of privacy in the first place. It must apply to all Americans, not just to a patchwork of Americans.

Quote:
Make no mistake--the same extremists who want the government to dictate decisions about pregnancy termination are coming for the rights to use birth control and other private decisions. HUMAN rights should not end at a state border because some group decided that their god knows what's best. For a while it felt like the US was getting there but this rolling back of rights for half the US population is absolutely sickening.
Agreed. The government overreach here is astoundingly disturbing.

Quote:
How many women who go to Planned Parenthood for abortions are counseled by a doctor? ZERO. Stop lying. Most women do NOT have heart to hearts with their doctors about the pros and cons of abortions..Such lies.
It is time for you to back out of this argument, because you clearly do not know what you are talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I do think, however, that contraception is greatly preferable to abortion.
And 99.9999999999999999999999999999999 percent of women would agree with you. But stuff happens.

Quote:
Pro choice people support killing babies, right? That's the whole point. I don't think I'm misunderstanding that.
You sure are misunderstanding that. Look up the word "choice" and get back to us.

Quote:
Women who go to PP do not see a doctor for a heart to heart conversation about whether an abortion is right for them. PP doesn't have them on staff. Are you unaware of that fact?
Keep digging yourself deeper. No doubt the doctor at Planned Parenthood that examined and treated me would be interested to know that he's not really an MD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
My vote is for the woman to be allowed to make her own medical decisions.
That's it in a nutshell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
That wasn't one of the choices and is a very easy statement to dismantle.
Wait ... what? Women shouldn't be allowed to make their own medical decisions? Who should be making them? Men? The government? Some bozo on an internet forum?

Old 05-04-2022, 02:20 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,156,238 times
Quote:
The method depends on how far along the baby is. Just so we're clear.

And no matter what age? Abortion kills babies. There is no getting around that simple fact.
D&E was available to me even at an relatively advanced stage of pregnancy, but because I was hospitalized for the procedure, I delivered intact, which was the norm for the setting. It is my wish that all women who end their pregnancies have access to the same high-level care that I did.

Old 05-04-2022, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Ever heard of a molar pregnancy? Very common. Not a baby.

And what about a tubal pregnancy? Also very common. That will never become a baby. Those have to be aborted or the mother can die.
There are always exceptions.

I don't go around pretending someone who has 7 fingers on 1 hand is the norm, do you?

Maybe. Maybe you do.

But as another reminder 98% of abortions are not because of rape or because the mother's gonna die.

98% of abortions are just because the mom wants to kill the baby.

Old 05-04-2022, 02:23 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,763,018 times
OK, so are you taking back your condescending yet ill-informed comments on pregnancy?

Old 05-04-2022, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
You sure are misunderstanding that. Look up the word "choice" and get back to us.
Motherhood
BC
Abstinence
Adoption

Choices.

I'm pro choice. Right?

Or does pro choice mean pro abortion?

Old 05-04-2022, 02:33 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,234,764 times
Quote:
Do 'clumps of crap' have corpses?

Or just unique human beings?
Even a unique human being has no right to use another persons body against their will.

Old 05-04-2022, 02:36 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,234,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I agree that people should be able to use their bodies as they see fit. But not when the use of their body harms others, like in my example, or in the case of an abortion.
You keeping you entire liver may harm someone that needs a transplant. You not donating bone marrow harms someone that is in need of it to live. Why are you not forced to give of your body to prevent harm to them?

Old 05-04-2022, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Even a unique human being has no right to use another persons body against their will.
So now you agree with me that pregnant women do in fact have babies and they are pregnant with babies because you want to use that as an argument?

Which argument will make you shift back to, it's not a baby?

Nothing as consistent as the inconsistency in a pro abortioners argumentation.

Pro-life: same argument. 1 argument. Every time.

Killing someone else because you feel like it is wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies