Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support a nationwide abortion ban?
Yes, I support a nationwide six week abortion ban 17 12.98%
No, I support states passing their own abortion laws 100 76.34%
I support a nationwide abortion ban but longer than six weeks 14 10.69%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2022, 11:10 AM

19,807 posts, read 9,367,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I am a future foster care parent. Many of my friends are foster care parents. Not a single one is pro-life. Seems strange for a bunch of people who supposedly hate children. Where are the pro-life foster parents? I don't see them in the system.

And of course I wouldn't go for a pro-life man. He doesn't respect me, or any daughters we would have. That's not a basis for love. Instead, I am happily with a pro-family pro-choice man who wouldn't dream of disrespecting the women in his life by holding us as second class citizens. Try it sometime- you deserve someone who respects you too, and that's never going to be found by a man who thinks he knows more about what you should do with your body than you or your doctor do.
Speaking as a former foster parent who adopted, maybe the reason so many foster parents are pro-choice is because they see up close and personal the harm that comes when people have children, and they can't or won't care for them properly.

I will not go so far as to say that ALL foster parents are pro-birth, but like you, all of the foster parents I know think that in many of these cases, it would have been better if the biological parents of these kids had never given birth or fathered a child.

I do think, however, that contraception is greatly preferable to abortion. But, unfortunately, the great majority of bio parents who lose their children to foster care and/or adoption are NOT the most responsible people one would ever meet. Most of these people are drug abusers or felons or had horrible childhoods themselves -- and, often, it is a combination of these three things.

(Mothers who are not drug abusers or felons or the product of horrible childhoods will often either have some good support systems that will enable them to keep their babies or they will choose to give the baby up for adoption. And, of course, there are some mothers who do keep their babies without good support systems and still do "okay", but they are more likely to have more than one child and live at least partly from taxpayer assistance, even if it is only SNAP. I speak from experience about this last sentence, btw.)

Old 05-04-2022, 11:10 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,152,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
How many women who go to Planned Parenthood for abortions are counseled by a doctor? ZERO. Stop lying. Most women do NOT have heart to hearts with their doctors about the pros and cons of abortions..Such lies.
Women are absolutely counseled when seeking an abortion, the same way they are when seeking any medical procedure. I know this from personal experience.

Old 05-04-2022, 11:19 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
Then why are you shocked when a man who does not want kids .... tells you when you are pregnant .... that he does not want kids?

Pro abortion women have created a class of pro abortion men.

Yet when the class of men that they CREATED says, of course I don't want the kid. Of course I'm not paying child support. Of course I'm not sticking around ...

They freak out. They screech and yowl. They say men aren't responsible! Men should get vasectomies! How dare that PRO ABORTION man I dated NOT want this kid!!!!

Honey ... you had sex and got the response you wanted. /shrug/

Just.

Sheer.

Idiocy.

How many women who go to Planned Parenthood for abortions are counseled by a doctor? ZERO. Stop lying. Most women do NOT have heart to hearts with their doctors about the pros and cons of abortions..Such lies.

PS. You spend an awful lot of time talking about yourself. Might not want to give away so many personal details. Just a thought. Or keep bragging or whatever you think it is you are doing.

I talk about myself because you seem to have this idea about pro-choice people that is completely unmoored from reality. Sort of like your abject lie that women are not counseled by doctors during the abortion process.

Old 05-04-2022, 11:24 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I talk about myself because you seem to have this idea about pro-choice people that is completely unmoored from reality. Sort of like your abject lie that women are not counseled by doctors during the abortion process.
Pro choice people support killing babies, right? That's the whole point. I don't think I'm misunderstanding that.

Women who go to PP do not see a doctor for a heart to heart conversation about whether an abortion is right for them. PP doesn't have them on staff. Are you unaware of that fact?

Nah, you like talking about yourself, that's pretty clear. You keep doing you. Give away more personal details. On an anonymous forum board.

Old 05-04-2022, 11:27 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
I think pro abortion women just attract men who don't care about kids.

Go figure. I mean, who would have thought that pro abortion don't want kids????

Start hanging out with a better class of men if you want a better class of life.

[Would any pro abortion woman go for a pro life man who would love to take care of a family? Of course not... because ABORTIONS!!!!! \Duh.]
I dont think you even comprehended any of the conversation you are replying to.

Old 05-04-2022, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Pro choice people support killing babies, right? That's the whole point. I don't think I'm misunderstanding that.

Women who go to PP do not see a doctor for a heart to heart conversation about whether an abortion is right for them. PP doesn't have them on staff. Are you unaware of that fact?

Nah, you like talking about yourself, that's pretty clear. You keep doing you. Give away more personal details. On an anonymous forum board.
I can't speak for PP, as my abortion happened in a hospital setting, but I was absolutely counseled by several doctors as I sought more information about the circumstances surrounding my pregnancy, which was affected by a rare fetal complication. I also saw an actual mental health counselor and my pastor, but that was at my own volition.

Last edited by kj1065; 05-04-2022 at 11:36 AM..

Old 05-04-2022, 11:33 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
If a woman cannot get an abortion do you think she will be more careful with BC?

Or just continue to have unprotected sex at the same rate, no worries at all about becoming pregnant?
I don't think it would make much difference. Because most women aren't thinking "ho-hum, if I get pregnant I'll just have an abortion." Abortion is an invasive medical procedure; I think most women want to avoid it. Unplanned pregnancies happen because 1) birth control sometimes fails, and 2) sometimes people don't think while in the heat of passion.

Old 05-04-2022, 11:38 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:

Start hanging out with a better class of men if you want a better class of life.

[Would any pro abortion woman go for a pro life man who would love to take care of a family? Of course not... because ABORTIONS!!!!! \Duh.]
Pretty weird post. I don't know if there are many "pro-abortion" women. There are many women who want to have the choice, or that feel others should have the choice. A lot (probably most) of women who are pro-choice want to have children, or already have children that they love.

Old 05-04-2022, 11:42 AM

Quote:

What you are engaging in above is a fallacy called ad hominen. I am pro-choice. So is my husband. Our first pregnancy ended in abortion after diagnosis of a rare fetal complication. That in no way means we did not love and nurture the children we were fortunate to have after that experience.

Old 05-04-2022, 11:48 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
My vote is for the woman to be allowed to make her own medical decisions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies