Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2022, 03:51 PM

23,968 posts, read 12,772,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Maybe the blue state clinics are all booked up with patients from TX, for example.
yeah sure, every pro abortion women decided to get pregnant and then have their abortion at the same time.

Old 05-06-2022, 03:52 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 28 days ago)

35,772 posts, read 18,107,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
yeah sure, every pro abortion women decided to get pregnant and then have their abortion at the same time.
There was a quick rush of abortions that outnumbered the amount that would be statistically expected, indicating that women were rushing to get the procedure before missing the deadline, instead of waiting and considering it for several more weeks, as would be done in prior times.

Stands to reason.

Old 05-06-2022, 03:54 PM

57,410 posts, read 26,366,976 times
Quote:
Why would they go all the way to Canada? Are blue states going to ban all abortions?
It's not that easy for poor women they will be more adversely effected than any group, little impact on middle and upper class women.

Many of these states will be on par with the Congo and Dominican Republic, red states are moving backwards.

Old 05-06-2022, 03:54 PM

8,655 posts, read 10,191,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Interesting.

On the ScotusFocus website, the writer believes there were two leakers, and 3 total leaks of information.

The writer believes the first leak came through a conservative, and the second leak that quickly followed came through a liberal, and then there was another leak.

Interesting thoughts.

https://www.scotusblog.com/2022/05/h...have-happened/
Changing the narrative?

Again?

Old 05-06-2022, 03:56 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 28 days ago)

35,772 posts, read 18,107,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Changing the narrative?

Again?
Who, me?

I've said all along I don't know who the leaker is, and cited Megyn Kelly's guesses, and her guest's guesses.

I don't really have a "narrative" at all on the leaker(s), except prior to reading this article I believed it to be one leaker, and one leak, and likely one of the 36 clerks.

Not two leakers and 3 leaks.

What IS surprising to me is they don't appear to know yet who did it, which is taking longer than I thought it would.

You responded so quickly it seems you couldn't have had a chance to carefully read the article - if you're truly interested in this story, it's well worth your time.

Old 05-06-2022, 03:58 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,987,712 times
Quote:
Do you think there is enough capacity at blue state clinics to handle abortions from 30 or 40 red states? Again, for example. We don't actually know how many states will ban or severely restrict abortions.

Old 05-06-2022, 03:59 PM

30,271 posts, read 11,905,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Maybe the blue state clinics are all booked up with patients from TX, for example.
I am sure many of the abortion doctors in red states will move to blue states and set up shop. Its supply and demand it always works itself out

Old 05-06-2022, 04:01 PM

8,655 posts, read 10,191,814 times
Quote:
Who, me?

I've said all along I don't know who the leaker is, and cited Megyn Kelly's guesses, and her guest's guesses.

I don't really have a "narrative" at all on the leaker(s), except prior to reading this article I believed it to be one leaker, and one leak, and likely one of the 36 clerks.

Not two leakers and 3 leaks.

What IS surprising to me is they don't appear to know yet who did it, which is taking longer than I thought it would.

You responded so quickly it seems you couldn't have had a chance to carefully read the article - if you're truly interested in this story, it's well worth your time.
Right. Why would I waste time carefully or carelessly reading the article? I don't care how it might have happened or how it could have happened. All that is important is how it DID happen. I'll leave the "what-ifs" to the crazy left.

Old 05-06-2022, 04:05 PM

23,968 posts, read 12,772,585 times
Quote:
There was a quick rush of abortions that outnumbered the amount that would be statistically expected, indicating that women were rushing to get the procedure before missing the deadline, instead of waiting and considering it for several more weeks, as would be done in prior times.

Stands to reason.
Oh okay, there's always a "quick rush" of very large numbers of women to get abortions. got it.

Old 05-06-2022, 04:10 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,250,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I am sure many of the abortion doctors in red states will move to blue states and set up shop. Its supply and demand it always works itself out
Many abortion doctors aren't only abortion doctors. Most do all kinds of womens medical care like pap smears, std screening and treatment, early pregnancy related care. I highly doubt there are many doctors that prescribe abortion meds that don't do other types of care too. So if a red state were to have doctors who prescribe abortion med move then there would be a large vacancy in the womens health field, and probably not a big rush for others to run fill those positions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies